Hoping for help; out of service/

Guest Robertoegg

Guest Robertoegg

Hi all,

First off, thank you for you continued work and advice. This place is a goldmine of information.

I've got an issue which I cannot find a solution for despite searching for days and re-rooting...

So, I have an original ZTE Blade which I've recently returned to. I originally had a T-Mobile sim in and was living abroad for a while. The last time I used it, in Italy, it worked fine. Since getting back to the UK I have changed to a Virgin monthly rolling contract. Originally, I had this in a BB, but then that died and I've been trying to use the Blade again. I cannot get texts or calls to work but I can use data services with wifi switched off. So, I have re-rooted and put Swedish Snow RLS7 on as a more up to date rom and I still get the same issues. I've gone through the settings and can't seem to identify what is amiss.

when I try an emergency call it says out of service

when I try a standard call it says mobile network not available

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong or is this a hardware death?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Rob

Guest matcho13579

Because it looks like there wasn't any IMEI number (it has all "symptoms" of that)... what's your /system partition size?

Guest Robertoegg

Do you know how I find this out without installing anything else?

Also, I notice these strange status's:

Network: Orange ..... I have a Virgin sim in there at the moment

Service Status: Out Of Service

Mobile Network State: Disconnected

Again, the 'ongoing' notification is that the selected network, virgin, is not available.

And again, I am still receiving emails via 3G!

Sounds like something obvious but I just don't know what!

Guest matcho13579

Type "df" in the terminal emulator and press Enter (without quotes)

Edited by matcho13579

Guest matcho13579

I have no idea where's the problem. Try to install another ROM to see if same thing is happening with ICS or JB, also you can try CM7....if problem persists, try to repartition your phone using TPT method

Guest Robertoegg

yeah, it's weird... I was using jellyfish from waaaay back and it was exactly the same behaviour as the new ROM I put on; Swedish Snow.

Thanks for your thoughts...

Anyone else got any ideas?

Guest hydo1

What happens if you put this sim in a different phone. Have you tried contacting Virgin Mobile about this (though i suspect, like all mobile operators, they will be less helpful than a chocolate tea pot)

Guest Robertoegg

The sim works fine in my back-up phone which has been a BB 8900, a Sony C905 and now a Sony W350i (I'm working through the old ones as they finally die! lol). And yes, Virgin couldn't help... The only thing I haven't done is try someone else's SIM in the Blade and see if all works for theirs.... I'll report back that one.

Guest hydo1

That is probably the only thing left to try now - make sure that it is a sim from a different network. This is an interesting problem that you have yourself