Anybody tried the ~US$10 2250mAH high capacity battery?

Guest Paulzie

Guest Paulzie

aliexpress: For HB5N1H HUAWEI u8818 battery c8812 g300 u8825 c8825 mobile phone battery

ebay: HB51N1H+2250maH

These appears to be a replacement for the stock 1500mAH battery but specced at 2250mAH, or 50% more. Wondering if anybody has tried it to confirm it is of higher spec rather than just saying it is on the battery?

It would be a convenient way of getting extra battery life.

EDIT: 2250mAH is not the actual rating

Unfortunately user feedback for those 2250maH BAIXT batteries on aliexpress says they are being incorrectly advertised. They are really only somewhere between 1300-1750maH. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen vendors overquote battery capacity.

1800maH G300 battery appears to be the real deal

US$11.90-shipped 1800maH CS-HUM660XL (G300) appears to actually be of that capacity. At least according to testing by a 4pda.ru user. That would give 20% longer battery life than the stock Huawei 1500maH unit.

Thick 3600maH G300 battery requiring different rear cover

Same company makes a 3600maH battery with replacement cover. It adds more weight and thickness to the phone. as shown here. Another way of extending battery life.

Edited by Paulzie

Guest Paulzie

It's probably higher spec, but it would also require a new back cover turning your phone into a brick.

The one you've pictured above is the 3600maH battery requiring the new rear cover as documented in http://www.modaco.co...r/#entry2065167 .

The 2250maH ones I've linked are a replacement for the stock 1500maH battery, without needing a new cover. If it really is simply a higher density battery then it's an outstanding solution to get more battery life without extra bulk.

Edited by Paulzie

Guest PCTechRoss

The one you've pictured above is the 3600maH battery requiring the new rear cover as documented in http://www.modaco.co...r/#entry2065167 .

The 2250maH ones I've linked are a replacement for the stock 1500maH battery, without needing a new cover. If it really is simply a higher density battery then it's an outstanding solution to get more battery life without extra bulk.

I'm using a 1800mah battery at the moment from china and i do notice better battery life than with stock.

Guest Paulzie

Let us know how it turns out :-)

2250mAH is not the actual rating

Checked some of the feedback against those 2250maH BAIXT batteries on aliexpress. The bad feedback suggests this battery is being incorrectly advertised - that it is really only somewhere between 1300-1750maH in capacity. This wouldn't be the first time I've seen vendors overquote battery capacity.

US$11.90-shipped 1800maH CS-HUM660XL (G300) appears to actually be of that capacity. At least according to testing by a 4pda.ru user. That would give 20% longer battery life than the stock Huawei 1500maH unit.

Edited by Paulzie

Guest PCTechRoss

2250mAH is not the actual rating

Checked some of the feedback against those 2250maH BAIXT batteries on aliexpress. The bad feedback suggests this battery is being incorrectly advertised - that it is really only somewhere between 1300-1750maH in capacity. This wouldn't be the first time I've seen vendors overquote battery capacity.

Thats the one I have

Guest Johnnyd1979

Meh. So the maximum available is 1800maH without a new back cover! 20% is not much of a difference, but it's a worthy upgrade. CM10.1 eats a lot of battery and might make my phone last a whole day.

Guest Paulzie

Meh. So the maximum available is 1800maH without a new back cover! 20% is not much of a difference, but it's a worthy upgrade. CM10.1 eats a lot of battery and might make my phone last a whole day.

Your existing battery may have some battery wear so may be less than the stock 1500mAH. So a fresh 1800mAH one could bring noticeable improvements along with:

* leaving phone in 2G data mode, rather than 3G whenever possible making the biggest difference in extending battery life. CM10.1 has a toggle to do it. ICS can use 'view and toggle 2G (conwood)' from the Play store.

* a G300 owner is volunteering to test if the Huawei Power Manager in the Huawei EMUI ROM makes any difference to the battery life. Can see how the discussion progresses starting here: .