• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[Tutorial] How to [OFFICIALLY] Unlock The Bootloader [With Definitions] [RELOCK Guide Included!]

482 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Relocking The Bootloader (ONLY FOR STOCK/ STOCK BASED ROMS)

WARNING: You *MIGHT* not be able to use CWM or TWRP recovery, if you relock it.

You will need to turn off the phone. Now hold volume DOWN and power for 30 seconds, and the phone will stay on the Huawei screen. If it does not, let it boot and start again. Now, you will need to connect your phone to the computer, go to

C:\adb
Press shift and then right click and then click open command window here. Type
 fastboot devices 
You should see a device with fastboot. If it says offline, Check the cable, and then try restarting the PC, if it still does not work, then reinstall the USB drivers. Now enter the command below, REPLACING MY PASSWORD WITH YOUR PASSWORD!
 fastboot oem relock 1251416010592107
The phone will restart. You have now relocked your bootloader! If it says image signature verification failed or relocking failed, then you will need to do a force update. This is because of a non-stock Recovery and / or ROM. To fix this, you have to download the Force update (This is an ICS, B952 Update), You will need BOTH files, as I have made a split archive. (Due to mediafire storage limits :(). Now you will need to download them to the SAME FOLDER! Please Verify the file with this hash generator. The Hashes are:

CRC32: 49ef9ecb

SHA1: af20acf3d79249bbb3ce938d96b7a4e059bd1005

If these are wrong, then you need to download both things again (Sorry, its the only way to remove !) Now you need to mount USB storage (Do it in recovery, as some ROMS a copy the dload folder and then paste it in the root of the SD Card. Like this:

post-1000829-0-42045300-1369678498_thumb

Now turn off the phone, and hold the Volume UP AND DOWN buttons at the SAME TIME! Now you will see a screen with a progress bar saying "Unpacking". If you see a pink screen, Check the SD card, and the folder. The dload folder is missing or in the wrong place. Now you will need to wait until it is finished. The phone will reboot. Now complete the setup, and you are finished! :D

Edited by george109

Posted

Wow I really appreciate your efforts. hopefully new users of the g300 will be able to complete the process :). Good Work !

Posted

Deserves more +1's

Posted

Wow I really appreciate your efforts. hopefully new users of the g300 will be able to complete the process :). Good Work !
Deserves more +1's

Thanks! :D

Posted

+1ed!

Nicely organised topic! You had such a big efford... You need more support.

Pin that!

Posted

+1ed!

Nicely organised topic! You had such a big efford... You need more support.

Pin that!

I Agree! :P

Posted

Nicely done! I appreciate the time you've put into this.

However

3. Your Unlock password. Contact them with this form including your:

- IMEI

- Serial Number

- The Device is the U8815 (Just U8815)

To get the form to work you also need to enter the correct Product ID. The form gives the following help

For a mobile phone, bring up the dialpad, and enter *#*#1357946#*#*. An 8-digit ID is then displayed.

This doesn't work for many people including me, and I'm still on stock GB. Frustrating. I'm sure I could e-mail them.....

Posted

Nicely done! I appreciate the time you've put into this.

However

To get the form to work you also need to enter the correct Product ID. The form gives the following help

This doesn't work for many people including me, and I'm still on stock GB. Frustrating. I'm sure I could e-mail them.....

Changed for you, Thanks for telling me :)

Posted

A few additions:

The ProductID *#*#1357946#*#* code only works on stock or stock based ROMs; so you'll have to downgrade to the stock ROM first before executing this code. (note that huawei don't actually need the ProductID to supply you with the unlock code; it's just the website which checks. I got my code by emailing Huawei with just my IMEI & S/N)

Secondly:

When I tried to revert to stock using the update.app, the unpacking/flashing always got stuck at 25/30% -- I had to do the IMEI backup -> zero the IMEI -> force update -> re-root -> revert IMEI -> unlock bootloader -> reflash custom ROM

Not entirely sure why the force update failed without a zeroed IMEI, but there you go.

Posted

Secondly:

When I tried to revert to stock using the update.app, the unpacking/flashing always got stuck at 25/30% -- I had to do the IMEI backup -> zero the IMEI -> force update -> re-root -> revert IMEI -> unlock bootloader -> reflash custom ROM

Not entirely sure why the force update failed without a zeroed IMEI, but there you go.

Thats really strange, I did not even need to zero my IMEI. Mine just updated, and my IMEI was intact...

Posted

Yeah, I don't think it affects everyone (the force update failure). I found the solution after a few searches on this forum. WIsh I knew what makes it not work for some people.

My personal symptoms during the initial force update:

No text during the unpacking. Just the progressbar on a black screen, which gets to about 30% and then stops.

Only after the IMEI zeroing did I get the "unpacking", "stage 1/2" etc text around the progress bar; and this time it actually finished.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I don't think it affects everyone (the force update failure). I found the solution after a few searches on this forum. WIsh I knew what makes it not work for some people.

My personal symptoms during the initial force update:

No text during the unpacking. Just the progressbar on a black screen, which gets to about 30% and then stops.

Only after the IMEI zeroing did I get the "unpacking", "stage 1/2" etc text around the progress bar; and this time it actually finished.

Yeah, if you are on the unofficial bootloader, you will get a screen with a just a pink bar, and no text. The IEMI thing is really strange. :wacko: I need to find out why some work and others don't... :huh:

Edited by george109

Posted

Big tip...

I asked Huawei lots of times for a code, got no response or the standard "three days"...

Then I tried putting URGENT at the start of my email, and got a response instantly...

to: [email protected]

subject: URGENT Request bootloader unlock code

Hi Sir,

Could you please provide me the requested information to unlock the bootloader. I am on official ICS, and getting many reboots.

Here are the required details--

Model: U8815 / Ascend G300

IMEI: XXXXXXXXXXXX

S/N: CCCCCCCCCCCCC

Baseband: I am on ICS official (4.0.3).

Thanks!

Posted

Big tip...

I asked Huawei lots of times for a code, got no response or the standard "three days"...

Then I tried putting URGENT at the start of my email, and got a response instantly...

to: [email protected]

subject: URGENT Request bootloader unlock code

Hi Sir,

Could you please provide me the requested information to unlock the bootloader. I am on official ICS, and getting many reboots.

Here are the required details--

Model: U8815 / Ascend G300

IMEI: XXXXXXXXXXXX

S/N: CCCCCCCCCCCCC

Baseband: I am on ICS official (4.0.3).

Thanks!

Wow! I'll mention that :) Thanks for the info!

Posted

Is improbable receive the code in the weekend right? I've done the request yesterday.. I want to unlock officially the bootloader and i've done all the steps until the code is necessary, so i want to do this quickly to use my phone again.. Any help?

Posted

Sorry, you should of got the code and then started. Seems kinda obvious tbh :P

Posted (edited)

DP

Edited by kyan31

Posted

Sorry, you should of got the code and then started. Seems kinda obvious tbh :P

Yes, but i've started the process when i've requested the code because I tough that it will be quickly (receive the code), if I receive the code between today and tomorrow, no problem the problem is if I receive the code just Monday or something... You think it's possible I receive the code during the weekend?

Posted

Yes, but i've started the process when i've requested the code because I tough that it will be quickly (receive the code), if I receive the code between today and tomorrow, no problem the problem is if I receive the code just Monday or something... You think it's possible I receive the code during the weekend?

Well some people get it within 3 days, so its definitely possible.