[Tutorial] How to [OFFICIALLY] Unlock The Bootloader [With Definitions] [RELOCK Guide Included!]

Guest george109

Guest DjayZiro

Unfortunately I didn't find time this evening to try again but I while I'd like to use AtomicMod/GB I cannot find a suitable free swipe/gesture keyboard that is GB compatible and that would be a dealbreaker for me so I have have to try the latest Stock+ or Slim ICS instead...However let us know how you get on and/or if you need any help with any of the steps. :)

Edit: Doh! Maybe the answer has been staring me in the face - TouchPal?!? Seems to be free but a few times I've had trouble getting the swipe feature to work on some older Androids... :(

have you tried swiftkey? its pretty good! and im sorry for the late reply, but im about to try all the steps.... in a worst case scenario, if i fail to revert to 10908 bb i can always flash update.app? wont it mess my IMEI?

Guest george109

have you tried swiftkey? its pretty good! and im sorry for the late reply, but im about to try all the steps.... in a worst case scenario, if i fail to revert to 10908 bb i can always flash update.app? wont it mess my IMEI?

Why do you want to change your baseband from 2030?

Guest dalyer

Thanks - I'll check that out. I thought that SwiftKey was a paid app only.

Are you talking about installing AtomicMod above? If so then as george109 implies you don't need to downgrade from the 2030 baseband - you can install AtomicMod on 2030 and then flash the patch in the AtomicMod thread to allow this GB ROM to run on 2030.

Hope this helps.

Guest george109

If so then as george109 implies you don't need to downgrade from the 2030 baseband - you can install AtomicMod on 2030 and then flash the patch in the AtomicMod thread to allow this GB ROM to run on 2030.

Yes, There is no need to change your baseband as that patch will work on all gingerbread ROMs. :)

Guest andbap

Restoring The Original Bootloader:

You will need to restore the original bootloader as if you have installed a recovery or ROM, as the unofficially unlocked one replaces it. These replace the unofficial one, with the original Huawei one, which you can unlock officially. To do this, you will have to do a force update, which will wipe everything (don't worry. You can restore it if you make a backup in ClockWorkMod / TWRP Recovery). To get into recovery, you will need to turn off the phone. Hold the volume UP and then press power. Keep holding the buttons down until you get to recovery mode. If it does not work, wait until the phone has booted then turn it off and try again. Now when you are in recovery, use the volume down key to get to "Backup and Restore". Press home to select. Then press backup to external SD card. This will back up all of your data, so you can restore everything, when you are done. Now you will need to start the force update, to do this, download the Force update (This is an ICS, B952 Update), You will need BOTH files, as I have made a split archive. (Due to mediafire storage limits :( ). Now you will need to download them to the SAME FOLDER! Right click the dload.zip folder and then click extract here.

If you do not see this then you will have to open it with WinRAR. Now click

Extract To 
at the top, and just click OK. Now wait for it to extract. You should now see a folder called dload, open that and then move the dload folder which is INSIDE the dload folder to your desktop. Now you should have one dload folder with a file called update.app inside it. Now, please verify this update.app with this hash generator. The Hashes are:

CRC32: 49ef9ecb

SHA1: af20acf3d79249bbb3ce938d96b7a4e059bd1005

If these are wrong, then you need to download both archives again, and extract them again as well (Sorry, its the only way!) Now you need to mount USB storage (Do it in recovery, as some ROMS do not mount USB storage properly. Now, you will have to copy that dload folder on the desktop and then paste it in the top level of the SD Card. Like this: next post If the update fails, or the progress bar stops you should wait for about 15 minutes to see if it carries on. If it still does not, click the button below:

Copy it:
post-1000829-0-34104300-1370980581_thumb Then paste it:post-1000829-0-79589100-1370980567_thumb
Now turn off the phone, and hold the Volume UP AND DOWN buttons at the SAME TIME! Now you will see a screen with a progress bar saying "Unpacking". If you see a pink screen, Check the SD card, and the folder. The dload folder is missing or in the wrong place. Now you will need to wait until it is finished. The phone will reboot, and you will see the ICS set up screen. Just follow the
You will now have to run a "Middle Package". This is a small update that means that you can install another update.app. Download it
here, and then put it in the dload folder, just like this force update and then run the update again. It will be very fast, as it is only a small update. Then you can start from the beginning of this post, and you should be able to do the force update.
If it still does not work after this, click the button below:
You will need CWM recovery to be able to update, If you don't have it, follow
this post to get it. Now, Chris Wyatt, has reported that if you flash an ICS repack with Complete wipes - Go into mounts and storage in CWM, then wipe everything except:

/sdcard

/sdcard0

/sdcard1

/sd-ext

Now you have flashed the repack, you will have to go to the CWM home, then go to advanced > reboot recovery. Now wait until it reboots and then flash the relock bootloader zip by jsevi83. Then you can carry on with the tutorial, by following the next post.

Hi, I was following your guide up to this part. When I tried to install the force update I got just the pink bar, no text saying "unpacking", and it froze at about 1/3 of the way. I followed the next instructions, for the middle package, and the same thing happened. Then I followed the instructions in the last spoiler, got a bit confused about the "- Go into mounts and storage in CWM, then wipe everything except:" part, and since I didn't find any "wipe" options in the mounts and storage menu, I (stupidly) formatted everything except the sdcard. Now I can't boot into recovery or even normal boot, it just freezes at the splash screen. I tried installing the force update and now I get the normal screen that says unpacking, but after a while a yellow sign appears on the bottom and it says the update failed. Same thing with middle package. Is there anything I can do, or did I mess this up beyond recovery?

Guest glorifiedg

I can't get adb to work. I installed, uninstaled, rebooted, and everything but when i type fastboot devices i get nothing at all :S

Anything I am doing wrong?

Guest saiem1

I recently sent [email protected] the message that you suggested and

I have received this code from huawei CE457E5747706E03

I tried the official unlock bootloader steps and when i type in fastboot oem unlock CE457E5747706E03

My phone reboots and says unlock fail invalid key (AS SHOWN IN IMAGE - BAD QUALITY IMAGE SORRY)

What do you think i should do?

Guest george109

I tried the official unlock bootloader steps and when i type in fastboot oem unlock CE457E5747706E03

My phone reboots and says unlock fail invalid key (AS SHOWN IN IMAGE - BAD QUALITY IMAGE SORRY)

You could email them and them ask them for the code again, as they have been known to send out wrong codes... :blink:

Guest george109

You could email them and them ask them for the code again, as they have been known to send out wrong codes... :blink:

I can't get adb to work. I installed, uninstaled, rebooted, and everything but when i type fastboot devices i get nothing at all :S

Anything I am doing wrong?

Is USB Debugging Enabled?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on Slim ROM at the moment with unofficial bootloader unlock, and I have a problem like many other people here that the progres bar is stuck on 1/3 vith update.app, so can I just flash ICS repack ROM and after that continue with unlocking the bootlodaer?

Guest george109

I'm on Slim ROM at the moment with unofficial bootloader unlock, and I have a problem like many other people here that the progres bar is stuck on 1/3 vith update.app, so can I just flash ICS repack ROM and after that continue with unlocking the bootlodaer?

No, This is because it does not include a bootloader, it is literally just a ROM. However, you can use this update.app, to get the ICS one to work.

Once this one has installed, then install the ICS update.app as you were before, and it should succeed.

Quick Guide:

1. Take the battery out of your phone and reinsert it. Then, turn your phone on as normal.

2. Connect your phone to your computer.

3. From your computer, open your phone's microSD folder, and then open the folder dload and delete the update.app file.

4. Download the new update.app (it should be about 1 KB) and copy it to the dload folder on your phone's microSD.

5. Disconnect your phone from your computer.

6. Turn off the phone, and take out the battery, wait 10 seconds and put it back in. and hold volume up and down, and power at the same time.

7. Once the update has completed, delete the dload folder from your phone's microSD card and install the ICS update.app, the update should perform as normal, without the update failed error message.

Edited by george109

No, This is because it does not include a bootloader, it is literally just a ROM. However, you can use this update.app, to get the ICS one to work.

Once this one has installed, then install the ICS update.app as you were before, and it should succeed.

Quick Guide:

I forgot to mention that I've already tried with the middle package, and also got stuck. So I'm going to try with zeroing the IMEI, but thanks for the quick reply. :)

Is there no other option? Zeroing/changing the IMEI seems to be fraught with problems and best avoided if at all possible...

Well the third way is to flash ics repack vodafone release as described in first post and after that relock bootloader.

But as I'm not on vodafone network I don't know is that going to be a little dageours to my phone?

Probably, if I after that make an update.app everything is going to be normal...I don't know?

But if I decide to zeroing IMEI I will do a backup with ToolBox5irom and after that I will restore it.

Not being on Vodafone should not be a problem.

Definitely better than changing the IMEI.

Even if you restore it having changed it once can have ongoing implications (problems) thereafter.

There are a number of posts on this.

My understanding is that you should at all costs avoid zeroing/changing the IMEI at all.

Edited by dalyer

Not being on Vodafone should not be a problem.

Definitely better than changing the IMEI.

Even if you restore it having changed it once can have ongoing implications (problems) thereafter.

There are a number of posts on this.

My understanding is that you should at all costs avoid zeroing/changing the IMEI at all.

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately links are dead for downloading ics vodafone. I've tried to google it but nothing.

One thing came in my mind...what if I relock unofficial unlocked bootloader with Relock ICS Bootloader, will I be able to make update.app?

I'm on slim rom who is based on stock rom.

Edited by TiMi79

My suggestions ... make sure that you are putting dload/update.app in the root of the external sdcard and not the internal "sdcard".

Also try another sdcard if possible - some people had problems using one when another worked OK - for no obvious reason.

Try the B952 general version (here from Huawei http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDcwMjk= or in the original post of this thread as a split zip) again.

If necessary try the relevant "middle" file again.

I would strongly urge you NOT to mess with the IMEI if at all possible so exhaust all other possibilities first.

Others may have additional or different advice....

Hope this helps and you get sorted soon.

Guest george109

Well the third way is to flash ics repack vodafone release as described in first post and after that relock bootloader.

But as I'm not on vodafone network I don't know is that going to be a little dageours to my phone?

Probably, if I after that make an update.app everything is going to be normal...I don't know?

But if I decide to zeroing IMEI I will do a backup with ToolBox5irom and after that I will restore it.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! Do not zero the IMEI. It changes the MAC addresses of the bluetooth and wifi adaptors, as well as the IMEI. This will break all wifi and bluetooth!

Please simply get CWM or TWRP and flash the ICS upgrade.zip. Make sure you make a backup with 5irom before you do this, as you are changing bootloaders.

Guest george109

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately links are dead for downloading ics vodafone. I've tried to google it but nothing.

One thing came in my mind...what if I relock unofficial unlocked bootloader with Relock ICS Bootloader, will I be able to make update.app?

I'm on slim rom who is based on stock rom.

You cannot make update.apps. They are signed by huawei, and are made on a special computer. They are locked down, and cannot be changed. The phone verifies this, and you cannot do anything about it :(

Guest george109

If it still does not work after this, follow this

You will need CWM recovery to be able to update, If you don't have it, follow this post to get it. Now, Chris Wyatt, has reported that if you flash an ICS repack withComplete wipes - Go into mounts and storage in CWM, then wipe everything except:

/sdcard

/sdcard0

/sdcard1

/sd-extNow you have flashed the repack, you will have to go to the CWM home, then go to advanced > reboot recovery. Now wait until it reboots and then flash the relock bootloader zip by jsevi83. Then you can carry on with the tutorial, by following the next post.

Do this. DO NOT CHANGE YOUR IMEI!

You will need CWM recovery to be able to update, If you don't have it, follow this post to get it. Now, Chris Wyatt, has reported that if you flash an ICS repack withComplete wipes - Go into mounts and storage in CWM, then wipe everything except:

/sdcard

/sdcard0

/sdcard1

/sd-extNow you have flashed the repack, you will have to go to the CWM home, then go to advanced > reboot recovery. Now wait until it reboots and then flash the relock bootloader zip by jsevi83. Then you can carry on with the tutorial, by following the next post.

Do this. DO NOT CHANGE YOUR IMEI!

Thank you george and dalyer for helping me :) .

Does it matter which link of ics repack 1 or 2 or probably will be the same if I flash ICS repack worldwide release relock bootloader and after that carry on with the tutorial?

Edited by TiMi79

Guest george109

Thank you george and dalyer for helping me :) .

Does it matter which link of ics repack 1 or 2 or probably will be the same if I flash ICS repack worldwide release relock bootloader and after that carry on with the tutorial?

Well it depends.

The SD card set as default will mean that whenever you install apps, they will go to the SD card. If you dont use the SD card, then i would flash the normal one.

It doesnt matter which one you flash at all, they all contain ICS :)

Then flash the relock bootloader zip and carry on :)

My suggestions ... make sure that you are putting dload/update.app in the root of the external sdcard and not the internal "sdcard".

Also try another sdcard if possible - some people had problems using one when another worked OK - for no obvious reason.

Try the B952 general version (here from Huawei http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDcwMjk= or in the original post of this thread as a split zip) again.

If necessary try the relevant "middle" file again.

I would strongly urge you NOT to mess with the IMEI if at all possible so exhaust all other possibilities first.

Others may have additional or different advice....

Hope this helps and you get sorted soon.

I've tried all of this...formatting my sd card also and tried again, tried with general version from huawei..middle package, and nothing seems to work. I didn't try with different sd card, but I will try that also and see

Guest george109

I've tried all of this...formatting my sd card also and tried again, tried with general version from huawei..middle package, and nothing seems to work. I didn't try with different sd card, but I will try that also and see

I assume that you are in Croatia, I will try to find an update.app for you. but first, where did you get your G300 from?

Well it depends.

The SD card set as default will mean that whenever you install apps, they will go to the SD card. If you dont use the SD card, then i would flash the normal one.

It doesnt matter which one you flash at all, they all contain ICS :)

Then flash the relock bootloader zip and carry on :)

Cool!!! :D

And thank you for your patience, and sorry if I'm asking too much questions, but bricking my phone currently is not the options, so I have to ask :blush: