[Tutorial] How to [OFFICIALLY] Unlock The Bootloader [With Definitions] [RELOCK Guide Included!]

Guest george109

Guest george109

I used the mail template to get the unlock code, because I'm running a custom ROM :ph34r: , and they answered :

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Please apply the unlock code in our website http://www.huaweidev...d=toApplyUnlock .

Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Best Regards.

Huawei Device Customer Care Team.

Link wich lead me to the current method wich requires the product ID... damn little filthy coward :angry2:.

I just want to know if I get back to a stock ROM, will I get the option to display this ID ? Do I have to relock my bootloader ?

If you go back to the stock ROM with a force update, you *might* have the option to get this, Personally, I am not sure as I am not on Stock. Sorry :(

However the force update will relock your bootloader

Guest george109

They answered really quickly to my previous mail but they told me to use the form on the website. So answered back :

"I tried, multiple times in the past weeks, to obtain the code from the form in your website and I still waiting for it.

As you answered pretty quickly to my last mail, may I ask you to give it directly to me ?"

And that's worked ! Within the hour they gave me the unlock code.

So I really recomend to send a mail telling them that you are waiting for too long.

Thanks :) I will include this to save people from having to mess around with codes.

Guest george109

Thank you for this awesome guide. My phone originally had the Voda B960 firmware and I installed a custom ROM with the hacked bootloader. When following this guide I had trouble with the B952 update.app, I think this is because the partitions are different or something (I'm new to this Android dev stuff).

But anyway, instead of force installing update.app I installed these 2 using ClockworkMod Recovery:

http://www.modaco.co...15-voda-pt-rom/

http://www.modaco.co...stock-ics-roms/

Then carried on the tutorial as normal, and it seemed to do the job!

Another thing, when I restored my phone (which had a custom ROM installed), I couldn't boot. I also got round this by installing the custom ROM again as usual, and then restoring everything else except boot from my backup.

No guarantees if this will work for you, but it worked for me :).

Let me know if you found this useful or if I'm doing anything really stupid here, thanks.

Thanks, This might solve the problems that people have been having with the force updates :) Thanks for the find :D

Thank you a thousand times for this guide. I was tired of the 3G reboots and everything is working nicely after using this guide.

Thanks!

Thats ok. Happy to help :)

Guest bartas094

Greetings.

I've tried to "relock" my bootloader, because i'm having random reboots at my g300.

When i copied the Dload folder with UPDATE.APP and also dload.z01 files to both (internal and external SD Cards), turned off the phone and turned it on by pressing volume down and up and power button it shows me pink screen and won't unpack.

I was trying to use the spoiler what to do if the update fails, but there's one dead link : Now you have flashed the repack, you will have to go to the CWM home, then go to advanced > reboot recovery. Now wait until it reboots and then flash the relock bootloader zip by jsevi83.

And now i'm stuck.

Also sorry for my english language... it's not my national lang :)

Please help :)

@edit:

problem solved in the last post :)

Edited by bartas094

Guest george109

Greetings.

I've tried to "relock" my bootloader, because i'm having random reboots at my g300.

When i copied the Dload folder with UPDATE.APP and also dload.z01 files to both (internal and external SD Cards), turned off the phone and turned it on by pressing volume down and up and power button it shows me pink screen and won't unpack.

I was trying to use the spoiler what to do if the update fails, but there's one dead link : Now you have flashed the repack, you will have to go to the CWM home, then go to advanced > reboot recovery. Now wait until it reboots and then flash the relock bootloader zip by jsevi83.

And now i'm stuck.

Also sorry for my english language... it's not my national lang :)

Please help :)

@edit:

problem solved in the last post :)

You need to move the dload folder inside the archive, This means that you need to extract it and then copy it over. To the external SD card. Ill change the link, too :)

Edit: Changed

Edited by george109

Guest ptoner

Just relocked the bootloader last night and went back to stock ICS. Might even just stay with this for a while, as it works!!! Better than not getting text mesages, lagging etc that almost every single custom ROM suffers. Sick of tinkering with my phone, just want it to work like it should.

Requested the code last night via the website, around 9:30pm. Will see how long the response takes.

PS My phone will still be networked unlocked wont it? or will I have to do that again? Was unlocked when I bought it from eBay.

Guest george109

Just relocked the bootloader last night and went back to stock ICS. Might even just stay with this for a while, as it works!!! Better than not getting text mesages, lagging etc that almost every single custom ROM suffers. Sick of tinkering with my phone, just want it to work like it should.

Requested the code last night via the website, around 9:30pm. Will see how long the response takes.

PS My phone will still be networked unlocked wont it? or will I have to do that again? Was unlocked when I bought it from eBay.

The network unlock is permanent,

the bootloader and network unlock are completely different things. You don't have to worry about it. It will stay unlocked :)

Guest CoSmEeN

Guys, i have a little problem here.

Can't use the form on the site because when i type that code on the dialer to find out the product ID it does nothing, just disappears. So I emailed them using the template in the 1st post on this topic and they answered (pretty fast - 5 hours):

Dear Customer,

Please apply the unlock code in our website http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/servicePolicy.do?method=toApplyUnlock .

Best Regards.

So what can i do now? I replied telling them that i can't get the product ID but they haven't answered. It's been about 3-4 days now.

Guest ptoner

The network unlock is permanent,

the bootloader and network unlock are completely different things. You don't have to worry about it. It will stay unlocked :)

Excellent news, thanks george109 for confirming this. Still having 3G and WiFi issues on stock tho.... is this normal? I confirmed that the bootloader was locked again. Is it a specific 4.0.3 ICS software issue? Unlocking the bootloader will fix this???

Guest george109

Excellent news, thanks george109 for confirming this. Still having 3G and WiFi issues on stock tho.... is this normal? I confirmed that the bootloader was locked again. Is it a specific 4.0.3 ICS software issue? Unlocking the bootloader will fix this???

I don't think so, What version are you on - if you go to settings > about phone, you will see a thing with a lot of numbers like U8815....B9** - Can you tell me what the B9** you have, and also you could always try downgrading if you have network issues...

Guest george109

Guys, i have a little problem here.

Can't use the form on the site because when i type that code on the dialer to find out the product ID it does nothing, just disappears. So I emailed them using the template in the 1st post on this topic and they answered (pretty fast - 5 hours):

Dear Customer,

Please apply the unlock code in our website http://www.huaweidev...d=toApplyUnlock .

Best Regards.

So what can i do now? I replied telling them that i can't get the product ID but they haven't answered. It's been about 3-4 days now.

Send them a new email, like this:

Subject: URGENT: Bootloader Unlock code

Dear sir/madam, I would like to request the bootloader unlock code as my phone cannot get the prouduct ID, as the phone app just closes whenever I open it. Here is the information that you need:

IMEI:

Serial Number:

Baseband: (ICS is 2030 and Gingerbread is 109808)

Thanks

CoSmEn

Guest george109

B952 version

Ok, When you say network problems, can you be a little bit more specific, what actually happens? Can people call you?

Have you used any backup tools?

Edited by george109

Guest ptoner

Well before I went back to stock ics text and calls were not coming through. They are now but the WiFi drops out altogether for no reason. 3g sometimes as well. Should I maybe clear all my Google settings. Could that be the issue?

Guest CoSmEeN

@george109: Oke, I sent them another e-mail like you said. I hope they will give me the code.

Later edit: At last they sent me the code. Took them about 2 days.

Edited by CoSmEeN

Guest ptoner

Almost a week, and not one email in return from Huawei.

WIll email them instead tonight as their online system does not seem to be used. I had all the details filled in etc... Twats.

Not happy, just as well I am ok with ICS Stock and locked Bootloader for now.

Guest george109

Almost a week, and not one email in return from Huawei.

WIll email them instead tonight as their online system does not seem to be used. I had all the details filled in etc... Twats.

Not happy, just as well I am ok with ICS Stock and locked Bootloader for now.

You should also try to use their contact us form, if they do not reply.

Guest george109

This is what worked for me after several previous email and web form attempts to get the bootloader unlock code!

http://www.modaco.co...40#entry2137982

You should also try to use their contact us form, if they do not reply.

You could also use this:

发件人: ...

发送时间: 2013年7月1日 7:20

收件人: [email protected]

主题: Urgent - need bootloader unlock code for Huawei Ascend G300 U8815

重要性:

Hi there

I urgently need the bootloader unlock code for my Huawei Ascend G300 U8815. Please note that I need the BOOTLOADER unlock code - not a network/SIM unlock code.

I have requested this several times before by email and using this web page but all requests have been ignored:

http://www.huaweidev...ethod=preUnlock

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send me the bootloader unlock code as soon as possible as I need it urgently and all previous requests for it have been ignored by Huawei!

My details are as follows:

Product serial number: ...

Product IMEI: ...

Product ID: ...

Regards

Guest ptoner

Got my code last night and unlocked the bootloader this morning.. after rebooting and connecting to Google account etc, I turned the phone off... It then gave me the pink bar and started a "Firmware Update" step 1/2...

Is this ok??? Have i just installed the OS again by holding down the down volume and power button... I just wanted to check that it was definately unlocked and this happened.

EDIT: WTF??It installed and now its formatting cache and data again..... rebooting.... another cycle.

Do i need to delete the folder on the SD card dload? I am going round in circles here. Apologies if I have missed a procedure...

Edited by ptoner

Guest george109
]

Got my code last night and unlocked the bootloader this morning.. after rebooting and connecting to Google account etc, I turned the phone off... It then gave me the pink bar and started a "Firmware Update" step 1/2...

Is this ok??? Have i just installed the OS again by holding down the down volume and power button... I just wanted to check that it was definately unlocked and this happened.

EDIT: WTF??It installed and now its formatting cache and data again..... rebooting.... another cycle.

Do i need to delete the folder on the SD card dload? I am going round in circles here. Apologies if I have missed a procedure...

No. The update updates the software, and the power and volume down puts the phone into fastboot mode, which is a mode that lets you change important things like the bootloader. When it is unlocked, its for security reasons. You can find out more here, http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/33691/why-does-unlocking-the-bootloader-wipe-phone

I would delete the dload folder, as you dont want to do an accidental force update and delete all of your data!

Guest ptoner

Yeah, that's what was happening. Deleted the folder earlier and that was it sorted. Cheers. The 3g still knocks out the WiFi unless I turn off the 3g. Annoying