[ICS][B960] ϟTesla ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300ϟ ✰31/05/2013✰

Guest kyan31

Guest saiem1

Hi kyan, whenever you bring out a new rom im always excited to experience once again a excellent rom ;)

ill give feedback after ive tested the rom.

+1 TO KYAN

Edited by saiem1

Guest kupp

Alright, a few questions:

1. What's the stock setting for the telephone ringer delay? It isn't mentioned on the list, but don't see why it should be set to anything other than zero, personal preferences aside.

2. Any downsides to the Power Collapse option? Also, the option itself is off by default but the PM Sleep mode has it selected by default as well... so is it off, or on?

3. Any downsides to the 3G speed hack or GPU acceleration? Just curious, not really used to seeing something as a "free performance boost" wihout some kind of weird or hidden downside. :P

4. You don't mention it on the OP, but I'm assuming sending/receiving MMS is still possibly even with mobile data off, right?

5. Any Governor and IO Scheduler you recommend? Or should we just stick with default?

Other than that, I'm combing through the ROM and haven't found anything odd or bad about it! It's super smooth, something I haven't really had since Infusion, and very responsive. And I'm so glad to have so many settings available, aside from IMUI roms, this is the one I've tried that displays most stuff. It may be a bit early to tell, but overall performance seems top notch. Assuming I don't find some hidden monster under the bed in the next couple of days, I'll stick with it for my daily usage. Many thanks! :D

edit: alright, found a problem. Tesla Settings crashes every time the phone boots and ocasionally, when opening them. Doesn't seem to affect anything as far as I can tell, settings still get applied regardless. But it's there.

Edited by kupp

Guest timoti111

Cool, hope all goes well. If you spot any bugs, (hopefully not) just write it here with as much detail as possible.

WOW Epic rom :D I have nothing bad to say about it. It is must to update from Lightning because it is much more better :).I found only one bug so far but i think there is something bad with support of google keep's 3*1 widget on trebuchet. When I put it on trebuchet's desktop i can't move it because when I try to move it trebuchet crashes. It doesn't bother me because I use Smart Launcher. But possibly there is someone who use it.

Guest kyan31

I loaded this ROM up with the Emotion UI components and now have the most complete ROM suiting my requirements.

Only niggle I have is when I connect AC, the battery charge icon gives no indication of how much % is charged. Is there an easy way I can change that to show % full (at a glance)?

Gave my +rep to the ROM. Thanks for the great work.

34dfujm.jpgz4ndf.jpg

2qk5i60.jpg

Can you send me all of the Emotion UI stuff? Just PM me, and i'll make a flashable zip for others :)

Guest kyan31

Alright, a few questions:

1. What's the stock setting for the telephone ringer delay? It isn't mentioned on the list, but don't see why it should be set to anything other than zero, personal preferences aside.

2. Any downsides to the Power Collapse option? Also, the option itself is off by default but the PM Sleep mode has it selected by default as well... so is it off, or on?

3. Any downsides to the 3G speed hack or GPU acceleration? Just curious, not really used to seeing something as a "free performance boost" wihout some kind of weird or hidden downside. :P

4. You don't mention it on the OP, but I'm assuming sending/receiving MMS is still possibly even with mobile data off, right?

5. Any Governor and IO Scheduler you recommend? Or should we just stick with default?

Other than that, I'm combing through the ROM and haven't found anything odd or bad about it! It's super smooth, something I haven't really had since Infusion, and very responsive. And I'm so glad to have so many settings available, aside from IMUI roms, this is the one I've tried that displays most stuff. It may be a bit early to tell, but overall performance seems top notch. Assuming I don't find some hidden monster under the bed in the next couple of days, I'll stick with it for my daily usage. Many thanks! :D

edit: alright, found a problem. Tesla Settings crashes every time the phone boots and ocasionally, when opening them. Doesn't seem to affect anything as far as I can tell, settings still get applied regardless. But it's there.

1. The stock settings for the telephone ring delay are probably 0

2. At default it's ON - It's a little confusing I know, I might just remove the Power Collapse option as it doesn't need to be there twice :P

• a) The 3G speed hack is actually on by default, but turning it off won't harm you. The downsides could be battery use, but it's probably only needed if you have a certain provider. Maybe T-Mobile needs the 3G uncapped while 3 doesn't (Just an example). However, you can always just to a speedtest experiment :)
  • B) GPU acceleration will basically render the UI with both the CPU and GPU, the only downside would be lower performance in games along with increased RAM usage, but you will have a much smoother and faster UI.

4. I actually forgot to change the build.prop, so you'll have to do it manually. Change this from false to true

ro.config.hw_always_allow_mms=

5. I myself would stick with the default settings, but if you want a little performance boost while keeping your battery intact, a max CPU speed of 1152Mhz is good.

In response to the edit:

Have you by any chance changed the WiFi scan interval

Edited by kyan31

Guest kyan31

Oh :/

Oh?

I understand there is probably a problem with that as your ROM has EMUI stuff too, if you don't want me to include it, its fine :)

Edited by kyan31

Guest kyan31

WOW Epic rom biggrin.png I have nothing bad to say about it. It is must to update from Lightning because it is much more better smile.png.I found only one bug so far but i think there is something bad with support of google keep's 3*1 widget on trebuchet. When I put it on trebuchet's desktop i can't move it because when I try to move it trebuchet crashes. It doesn't bother me because I use Smart Launcher. But possibly there is someone who use it.

I'll see if I have that bug, thanks for pointing it out.

I just downloaded google keep and I put the 3x1 widget on my desktop, I don't have any crashes when moving it around or clicking the buttons. If its a problem for you, you can PM me a log, but for now everything seems ok.

Edited by kyan31

Guest kupp

1. The stock settings for the telephone ring delay are probably 0

2. At default it's ON - It's a little confusing I know, I might just remove the Power Collapse option as it doesn't need to be there twice :P

• a) The 3G speed hack is actually on by default, but turning it off won't harm you. The downsides could be battery use, but it's probably only needed if you have a certain provider. Maybe T-Mobile needs the 3G uncapped while 3 doesn't (Just an example). However, you can always just to a speedtest experiment :)
  • B) GPU acceleration will basically render the UI with both the CPU and GPU, the only downside would be lower performance in games along with increased RAM usage, but you will have a much smoother and faster UI.

4. I actually forgot to change the build.prop, so you'll have to do it manually. Change this from false to true

ro.config.hw_always_allow_mms=

5. I myself would stick with the default settings, but if you want a little performance boost while keeping your battery intact, a max CPU speed of 1152Mhz is good.

In response to the edit:

Have you by any chance changed the WiFi scan interval

Thanks for clarifying all that. I'll do a speed test and experiment, more battery lifetime is always great! I haven't touched the wifi scan setting, only thing I messed with was ringer delay (set to 0), LCD density changed it to max and reverted back to 240 before rebooting, and toggle soft keys. After the reboot and the first crash, toggled the soft keys back off, but kept crashing.

Guest kyan31

Thanks for clarifying all that. I'll do a speed test and experiment, more battery lifetime is always great! I haven't touched the wifi scan setting, only thing I messed with was ringer delay (set to 0), LCD density changed it to max and reverted back to 240 before rebooting, and toggle soft keys. After the reboot and the first crash, toggled the soft keys back off, but kept crashing.

Alright, I'll do those and see if I get crashes.

Guest kyan31

I'm gonna start making Lockring mods soon, there really easy to make as they don't require decompiling. Any requests?

http://faithcry.believable.org/lockrings.html

If you want to make your own lockrings in your ROM or just for personal use, follow these steps:

• Make a backup - IMPORTANT
  • Pull the framework-res from your phone (/system/framework)
  • Change the extension from .apk to .zip
  • navigate to res/drawable-hdpi
  • find ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png and modify it/replace it with your desired lockring - it must be named ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
  • close the framework-res and change the extension back to .apk
  • push it back to the phone and enjoy

Guest kupp

^ are those downloadable for the G300 already, or just a showcase for people to pick? If it's picking we get, I'd love to see a the ones with the Nexus cross, the ones with both white and blue ring, and the one with the white ring and colored cross. :)

Guest kyan31

It turns out that the FC bug is caused by putting the ringer delay on 0 (identified by logcat), so i'll either remove that value completely or see if there is a workaround.

@Everyone

What would you like to see in the next tesla release?

Edited by kyan31

Guest ivan.arandjelovic

Hi Kyan,

I do hesitate to test new roms lately, since majority of them is not really fit for everyday use, but I gave a chance to Tesla :)

First, congratulations for job (alsmost) well done. The rom is really smooth and feels a bit snappier than stock rom, I was really pleasantly surprised.

However, I found two bugs which made be back it up and restore stock rom:

1. (severity: normal) Superuser app was constantly displaying toast (or notifications) over and over again during time when some app was using root access, and this was quite annoying. However, setting notifications in superuser to "none" solved the issue.

2. (severity: blocker) When receiving a call ringtone was not played properly, there would be pauses, as if the phone is struggling with lack of CPU power. I tried this with different ringtones and it happens with all of them. Of course, while you are choosing the ringtone they are played correctly - problem happens only during incoming calls. This was the really nasty issue, which made me backup the rom.

Now, it's possible that these two issues are only related to my installation, so I'll try full factory reset (and cleaning cache + dalvik), then I'll check if ti happens again or not.

Nevertheless, thanks for a nice rom. If I have not encountered ringtone issue it would remain my favorite for a everyday rom.

Thanks a lot!

Regards

Ivan

Edit: ringtone problem resolved, wipe of dalvick and cache seems to resolved the ringtone problem. Superuser issue still remains, but it's not sucha big deal. So, let's give this ROM a chance :)

Edited by ivan.arandjelovic

Guest kupp

2. (severity: blocker) When receiving a call ringtone was not played properly, there would be pauses, as if the phone is struggling with lack of CPU power. I tried this with different ringtones and it happens with all of them. Of course, while you are choosing the ringtone they are played correctly - problem happens only during incoming calls. This was the really nasty issue, which made me backup the rom.

I have this problem too, but it seems to be only happening with ringtones included in the room. When using my own mp3, the sound is fine.

What really is problematic and happens with whatever ringtones, is that sometimes when a call is received, the screen won't light up or it'll take a long time to do so. And once it happened to go off before I got a chance to answer (while the phone was still ringing), and pressing the power button, or touching the screen or soft buttons (the buttons would light up to the touch) didn't do anything. I ended up missing my call altogether because the phone wouldn't respond. Now that does need to be sorted out.

Guest kupp

@kupp

See edit of my previous post, maybe formating dalvick and cache will help you too.

Indeed it did, both the sound and the screen issue. Thank you very much! :)

Kyan, about other stuff, some choices to the battery circle icon would be great if it's not that much of a hassle. The numbers on the current circle aren't the easiest to read.

Edited by kupp

Guest PCTechRoss

Oh?

I understand there is probably a problem with that as your ROM has EMUI stuff too, if you don't want me to include it, its fine :)

I don't mean to be rude or anything it's just if your ROM has all the stuff then there isn't really any reason for mine.

Guest kyan31

I don't mean to be rude or anything it's just if your ROM has all the stuff then there isn't really any reason for mine.

Ok, no worries, i'll leave them out ;)

Guest kupp

Another small issue, storage keeps defaulting back to internal each time I reboot my phone. I can just change it in the settings back, but it happens anyway.

Guest astraldemon

Game loading is still slow somehow, I have menu loading where I didn't have it on Infusion or stock ICS, but the game itself runs alot smoother while playing.

Reading statistics in Moon Reader Pro still show inaccurate data on words per minute, I was just testing it by scrolling really fast and it shows 23 wpm, which isn't possible since there is more than that on one screen...

While in settings, and requesting for superuser acces on System Tweaks for instance, if I choose option "this time only" it just keeps reseting itself. It works fine if 2nd or 3rd options is checked.

WiFi signal icons is showing gray, but I can surf and access internet, so that confuses me sometimes because I think my network is down. It was showing blue when I rebooted my phone but after some time it was back to gray.

Other than that, great ROM, runs really smooth and fast and I haven't experienced any non working apps or FCs for now.

Thanks for your great work :)

Edited by astraldemon

Guest kyan31

Another small issue, storage keeps defaulting back to internal each time I reboot my phone. I can just change it in the settings back, but it happens anyway.

Unfortunately that can't be fixed as the base ROM (Stock B960) is poorly made. The SD issue was always there and so far, no fully working fix has been discovered. I have also written that in the feature list just so people are aware:

Based on Stock B960

Ouch Kernel by Kra1o5

Battery tweaks

Performance tweaks

Cache and dalvik changes

Image and video enhancements (800x480 video and improved bitrate)

Signal and internet tweaks

Live wallpaper enhancements

Scrolling Cache disabled - scrolling is super smooth

SD cache set at 2048 for faster read/write speeds

SD Card set as default - Will vary between users

Touchscreen sensitivity enhancements

Pre-rooted and busybox installed - Koush's Superuser

Sony mobile Bravia Engine 2

CM Toggles by Tillaz

Apollo Player

CM Keyboard - More dictionaries

Reboot to recovery by Tillaz

Contacts locked in memory for minimal caller-ID lag

Modified Trebuchet with wallpaper hack enabled and JB search bar

Adblocking hosts file

ICS Camera

Modified QuickPic Gallery

DSP Manager merged with Beats Audio

30 Media volume steps for precise control

Tesla Settings

Font manager

System Control (Build.prop mods and more!) By Tillaz

AOKP's Performance control By Tillaz

Custom Tesla lockring

Custom battery mod - accurate to 1%

Other JB style UI changes

OTA updates

Tesla Statistics

Some language in apps re-written to tailor to the G300

APK's Zipaligned for quicker loading times

Removed bloat for small memory footprint (190MB including Google apps)

Some system apps are uninstallable

Custom Multi-DPI GAPPS with updated apk's

Custom Tesla wallpapers by PCTechRoss

Custom bootanimation

Other stuff I can't remember tongue.png