Phone won't start up

Guest CoSmEeN

Guest CoSmEeN

Hello guys. My g300 won't start up no matter what i try to do to it...

Yesterday I was just using it as normal, been on the phone for some time but when I got about 5% battery left I hung up, plugged in the charger and went to bed. I just woke up and the phone is off there's nothing that I can do to him, no response whatsoever. I tried plugging it in with the computer. The "new hardware" sound it's there and it says it's installing drivers but then it says failed (even connected to pc it won't turn on). So the phone is pretty much dead. No boot, no recovery, no LED, no nothing... The phone was rooted and running Stock+ ROM by Cyda without problems since 2-3 weeks ago :|. So give me some advice, what should i do?

Guest CoSmEeN

tried already anything that came to my mind... including this one... but nothing works... it just won't turn on. I'm so frustrated 'cuz since 2-3 weeks ago when i went from stock b952 to stock+ my phone worked alot better and i was really happy with it and now it just died and i have no idea why. anyway i'm sending it to warranty to see what happends. hope they won't realise it was rooted and will just repair it. funny thing, today is phone's 8th month anniversary.

Guest Rico_89

tried already anything that came to my mind... including this one... but nothing works... it just won't turn on. I'm so frustrated 'cuz since 2-3 weeks ago when i went from stock b952 to stock+ my phone worked alot better and i was really happy with it and now it just died and i have no idea why. anyway i'm sending it to warranty to see what happends. hope they won't realise it was rooted and will just repair it. funny thing, today is phone's 8th month anniversary.

Just don't tell them you did anything to it..

Also did you try another cable? Maybe there's a break in the wire or something. I've heard of a similar problem and the person sent it back and found that the replacement had the same issue, once he changed cables everything was working as it should.. Anyway worth a try.

Guest CoSmEeN

Of course I won't tell them anything

No, I don't have another cable to try with but last night phone managed to charge to about 50% and this morning I've found it turned off... even if the cable was damaged the phone should turn on. There's no way that the battery would've gone from about 50% to 0% in 1 night. Everytime i try to turn on the phone, nothing happends, not even vibrating or led flashing or anything. tnx for reply guys and sorry for my crappy english, it's not my native language.

Guest CoSmEeN

no, the screen wasn't showing anything that morning... i couldn't manage to turn the phone on... anyway, that night i was using the phone and then it said that i have low battery (9%)... i kept using it untill 5% and then i plugged in the charger... then somebody called me and while i was one the phone the battery managed to charge to ~50%... that's when i ended the call and went to bed (that happened at about 2 am) and in the morning when i woke up (about 8am) the phone was off... do you think the phone would've gone from 50% to 0% in 6 hours if i wasn't using it and the charger was plugged?... i don't think so... and the coincidence of that with the charger that would stop working in the same night is little... anyway, i tried yesterday with another charger and it still wasn't turning on (not even the LED)... after trying with another charger i went with the phone to a vodafone shop and sent it to warranty

i hope you understood what i was trying to say... as i said before, my english is poor 'cuz it isn't my native language

Guest Rico_89

no, the screen wasn't showing anything that morning... i couldn't manage to turn the phone on... anyway, that night i was using the phone and then it said that i have low battery (9%)... i kept using it untill 5% and then i plugged in the charger... then somebody called me and while i was one the phone the battery managed to charge to ~50%... that's when i ended the call and went to bed (that happened at about 2 am) and in the morning when i woke up (about 8am) the phone was off... do you think the phone would've gone from 50% to 0% in 6 hours if i wasn't using it and the charger was plugged?... i don't think so... and the coincidence of that with the charger that would stop working in the same night is little... anyway, i tried yesterday with another charger and it still wasn't turning on (not even the LED)... after trying with another charger i went with the phone to a vodafone shop and sent it to warranty

i hope you understood what i was trying to say... as i said before, my english is poor 'cuz it isn't my native language

Your English is fine :) .. Too bad your phone died, and if you can then keep us informed as to your progress with your return.

Guest u8815-15

I think it's related somehow to the unofficial bootloader with calls and charging. (I heard its very bad to call while charging). But please keep us informed on the phone :) . P.S your english is very good

Edited by u8815-15

Guest CoSmEeN

I think it's related somehow to the unofficial bootloader with calls and charging. (I heard its very bad to call while charging). But please keep us informed on the phone :) . P.S your english is very good

ok, that's something new. I didn't knew it's bad to call while charging :-S. I haven't heard anything about the phone since i sent it to warranty but when i do, i'll post here.

Guest Rico_89

I think it's related somehow to the unofficial bootloader with calls and charging.

Never heard that before but I'm not willing to test it out LOL .. so no talking while charging :D .

Guest penthaler

Many times charging and made or answered a call with charger plugged in. BL unlocked and no problem. That problem could happened when some custom ROM installed on phone, maybe missing some drivers or so. But I think, that it was some HW and a bit overheating fault. Something similar happens to my old Nokia N70 - just plugged to my PC (N70 couldnt charge with data cable), someone calls me - and I didnt see backlight. After unplugging the phone I put it on the table and after 10 minutes there were NO RESPONSE to anything.

It just DIED - and warranty reply? HW issue, cannot be repaired - ask provider for returning money back or new phone xD

EDIT - My opinion is that you got "bad batch" or "concession batch" - the second means, that the one (or many more) was made in the right way with some parts, that didnt fit specification of their procedure of aproval - but was approved to use and sell as FUNCTIONAL one, but with possibility of early damage or any other problems.

Edited by penthaler

Guest CoSmEeN

i see... anyway, there was no problem with the phone while someone called me, when i was on the phone or after the call. If i remember right, after i finished talking and ended the call i think i also checked facebook and there was no problem. But then i went to bed and left the phone plugged in and in the morning it was off. I'll keep that in mind. No more talking while the phone is charging xD

Guest bladebuddy
Only logging every phone that has gone wrong on here. Got a therapy because of why...

Add mine to the list as it died about a month ago and I am unable to find the bill of sale but ,quite sure I have had it 12 months.

Exactly the same as mentioned above , woke up to a phone that wouldn't boot but the red led blinks on the off.

Guest bladebuddy
If the led was blinking, that was something xD. Have you tried to send it to warranty?

Going to have a good look for the bill of sale tonight and see if its still under warranty. One thing I did notice before it packed up was when connecting a USB to the phone via p.c it never gave me a indication for USB debuging or to swap files, also the sd card didn't show on the p.c . Don't know if this has anything to do with it not working now but thought I would mention it in case it happens to anyone else. Regards J.

Guest sharkyo01

Add mine to the list as it died about a month ago and I am unable to find the bill of sale but ,quite sure I have had it 12 months.

Exactly the same as mentioned above , woke up to a phone that wouldn't boot but the red led blinks on the off.

24 Months from Huawei not too sure if you need the receipt for a repair by them. Maybe worth a shot ringing them up :)