Best way to Install New rom?(Been using CWM)

Guest nabby21

Guest nabby21

Hi, so up until now, I've been installing all my roms via the clockwork mod method. The problem is, I keep encountering little bugs and force close problems etc, and I hear CWM method is dated. I briefly read there are new, more improved/efficient ways of putting roms on, and was wondering with anyone can help me out on how to do it? I am currently running cyanogen 9, and its a bit problematic, so whats the latest stable rom, and the best way to install it. Thanks

Guest george109

Have you tried TWRP? (Team Win Recovery). Also did you install CM with full wipes? (So, you went into mounts and storage in CWM and formatted everything)

Guest kyan31

TWRP is great, I use it as my daily recovery and it has served me well. It has a nice GUI, theme support, it has a built in file manager, and everything you would expect from CWM recovery.

Guest nabby21

Hi George, yea Im quite a noob, but what I remember doing was wiping current rom from the CWM menu, then wiping all the davilke cache etc then installing the new rom from zip. So how do I go about putting a new rom on via TWRP method? Is it easier and cleaner? Also could you recommend me a nice stable rom, Cheers and thanks for the response guys

Guest george109

Hi George, yea Im quite a noob, but what I remember doing was wiping current rom from the CWM menu, then wiping all the davilke cache etc then installing the new rom from zip. So how do I go about putting a new rom on via TWRP method? Is it easier and cleaner? Also could you recommend me a nice stable rom, Cheers and thanks for the response guys

You can get TWRP by downloading the zip from this thread http://www.modaco.com/topic/359827- Then flash it in CWM. then go to advanced, reboot recovery. When it reboots you will have TWRP. It's that easy! :D

Also it is a lot easier, as instead of having to use volume buttons, it is full touch, and it is almost like an android app! . Here is a screenshot of it: (from the thread)

2kqxpy.jpg

Edited by george109

Guest nabby21

Thanks for that. So can you give me a quick outline on how to put the rom on using TWRP for cleanest possible install, so I dont encounter any problems

Guest george109

I also recall someone recommending another user to use "GooManager" app to install roms. Dyou know much about that?

I havent had much experience with TWRP, so I can't really help you with it. Sorry :( I only use CWM as I never really use the recovery much, as I have been on Electra almost since it came out. Edited by george109

Guest kyan31
Thanks for that. So can you give me a quick outline on how to put the rom on using TWRP for cleanest possible install, so I dont encounter any problems

Most ROM opening posts explain the required wipes needed, so just follow those and you'll be fine.

Guest nabby21

Thanks. I decided to go for the Baidu3stable rom. And I used the TWRP method. Am I correct in selecting wipe, then installing the rom from zip and rebooting, and thats it? Because as soon I'm on the setup screen once the phone powers on, i get the message, "unfortunately setup wizard has stopped" Giving me the options to report etc. This doesnt look promising