[2.6.32.9 kernel]: Working, call for testing

Guest errmsg

Guest errmsg

Yes I do, it is a "life:)" cell provider.

Welcome to the club - Acer Liquid E Issues (ru). I wonder whether you were experiencing this earlier. I plugged in my life:) SIM yesterday, did some tests and found that I am no longer able to reproduce the crash on incoming call. It looks like that depends on Base Station, and currently I live in a completely different location from where I had this issue regularly (neither Acer nor life:) were helpful). Since the linux kernel is not aware about the reboot, there were no warnings of any kind in the logs, I believe it is a baseband CPU crash, leading to complete system reboot.

Have you ever had such kind of an issue before?

About the apps_boot_reason - now I need to find the reason/description mapping.

I am waiting for the parts to arrive to build a serial connector for these extra 5 pins in the USB port (our Liquid devices have a Nexus One-style debugging facility via its 10-pin mini USB) to debug this kind of baseband failure, but I can't get it to crash at this location, so that's would be a bit hard.

Guest zabulus

Welcome to the club - Acer Liquid E Issues (ru). I wonder whether you were experiencing this earlier. I plugged in my life:) SIM yesterday, did some tests and found that I am no longer able to reproduce the crash on incoming call. It looks like that depends on Base Station, and currently I live in a completely different location from where I had this issue regularly (neither Acer nor life:) were helpful). Since the linux kernel is not aware about the reboot, there were no warnings of any kind in the logs, I believe it is a baseband CPU crash, leading to complete system reboot.

Have you ever had such kind of an issue before?

About the apps_boot_reason - now I need to find the reason/description mapping.

I am waiting for the parts to arrive to build a serial connector for these extra 5 pins in the USB port (our Liquid devices have a Nexus One-style debugging facility via its 10-pin mini USB) to debug this kind of baseband failure, but I can't get it to crash at this location, so that's would be a bit hard.

Ahaha, phone is even worse that I've imaginated.

Restarts on outgoing call, you've described in blog, I had earlier reproduced only on CM7-based firmwares. On CM9 worked fine.

Guest errmsg

http://pastebin.com/KrSH1jTs

Here is another crash reproduced on hang call.

Yes, looks like a baseband failure and APPS CPU is perfectly unaware. I guess I need to experiment with various reset switches in the kernel. I remember I've seen the possibility to reboot MODEM CPU only but leave APPS as is. Don't know whether it works but will check this nevertheless.

I've built a serial debug cable so it should be possible to get some more information regarding early kernel failures and hopefully at least some kind of info about the AMSS crash.

acer_a1-serial-debug-300x293.jpg

Yeah, my device lost the rubber cover for the miniUSB port :(

Guest Ma7moud

Yeah, my device lost the rubber cover for the miniUSB port

:(

Mine too, a long time ago

Edited by Ma7moud

Guest errmsg

Another kernel build - acer_a1-kernel-2013-07-03-2.6.32.9-gc8bbbee-update.zip. The only visible change is that all 11 MTD partitions from atag are provided to the kernel.

I've set the default timeout policy to reset the MODEM instead of APPS processor but it works in a weird way. Using reset-modem module I tried to reset modem/reset complete chip and each time APPS processor was restarted as well. I don't have a Qualcomm development board and it does not look like somebody has written anything about these reset options, so it looks like it's not possible to recover properly from the firmware bug acer left us with.

The fact that the CM9+ builds are OK may mean that it is a bug triggered by rild.

Guest alboz83

Guys my old but immortal acer liquid now is in the hand of my girlfriend. I flashed CM7 remix V4b but the battery drain is high and she tell me that she is not well. I see this kernel but i don't understant if is stable and if all works. And it's for froyo stock only, right? Thanks

Guest errmsg

Guys my old but immortal acer liquid now is in the hand of my girlfriend. I flashed CM7 remix V4b but the battery drain is high and she tell me that she is not well. I see this kernel but i don't understant if is stable and if all works. And it's for froyo stock only, right? Thanks

Hello, yes, nobody has yet used this kernel to build a ROM so it is only usable with FroYo stock distro. You may also want to check whether the battery is about to die as this may not depend on the ROM.

Guest zabulus

With stock froyo ROM this kernel in deep sleep cosumes average 0,2-0,3% per 30m. Features: I'm exepriencing average problem with the Wifi, sometimes it repeatadly turns off. Other features looks well for me.