[DEV][ROM][CM10+AOKP+PA] PAC-man ROM v19.3.0 (updated 16/7/13)

Guest robt77

Guest robt77

Thanks for your help KonstaT

strange I tried to rebuild my CM10 version of pacman with the updated manifest and patches and it seemed to be working until I received the below error

Warning: you may need to install module-init-tools

See http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/docs/post-halloween-2.6.txt

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rob/android/pacman/kernel/zte/zte-kernel-msm7x27a'

mdpath=`find /home/rob/android/pacman/out/target/product/atlas40/system/lib/modules -type f -name modules.order`; if [ "$mdpath" != "" ];then mpath=`dirname $mdpath`; ko=`find $mpath/kernel -type f -name *.ko`; for i in $ko; do mv $i /home/rob/android/pacman/out/target/product/atlas40/system/lib/modules/; done; fi

mdpath=`find /home/rob/android/pacman/out/target/product/atlas40/system/lib/modules -type f -name modules.order`; if [ "$mdpath" != "" ];then mpath=`dirname $mdpath`; rm -rf $mpath; fi

Done a quick search and people who had it were building on VMs which i am not. Never mind will get to the bottom of it later on...

Guest KonstaT

Ok, I pushed some sources. Your device manifest needs to look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<!-- ZTE Blade III -->
<project path="device/zte/atlas40" name="KonstaT/android_device_zte_atlas40" revision="jellybean" />
<project path="kernel/zte/msm7x27a" name="KonstaT/android_kernel_zte_msm7x27a" revision="rb1" />
<project path="vendor/zte" name="KonstaT/proprietary_vendor_zte" revision="jellybean" />
<!-- FM Radio -->
<project path="hardware/qcom/fm" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_fm" revision="jellybean" />
<project path="packages/apps/FM2" name="legaCyMod/android_packages_apps_FM2" revision="jellybean" />
</manifest>
[/CODE]

And you need these three patches (1,2,3).

It seems that you still have the old kernel source (kernel/zte/zte-kernel-msm7x27a). New kernel source lives in kernel/zte/msm7x27a. It also good practice to 'make clobber' before you make builds.

Guest robt77

Thanks KonstaT, seemed to working got nearly all the way through the build until near the end got the following error

make: *** [/home/rob/android/pacman/out/target/common/obj/APPS/FM2_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41

when I try to build pacman 4.2 I get stuck at the below error

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/AssetManager.cpp: In member function 'bool android::AssetManager::detachThemePath(const android::String8&, void*)':

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/AssetManager.cpp:2065:9: error: 'class android::ResTable' has no member named 'removeAssetsByCookie'

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/AssetManager.cpp: In member function 'void android::AssetManager::addRedirections(android::PackageRedirectionMap*)':

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/AssetManager.cpp:2074:9: error: 'class android::ResTable' has no member named 'addRedirections'

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/AssetManager.cpp: In member function 'void android::AssetManager::clearRedirections()':

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/AssetManager.cpp:2081:9: error: 'class android::ResTable' has no member named 'clearRedirections'

make: *** [/home/rob/android/pacman4.2/out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libandroidfw_intermediates/AssetManager.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/PackageRedirectionMap.cpp: In member function 'uint32_t android::PackageRedirectionMap::lookupRedirection(uint32_t)':

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/PackageRedirectionMap.cpp:133:29: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/PackageRedirectionMap.cpp:141:31: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]

Edited by robt77

Guest KonstaT

Thanks KonstaT, seemed to working got nearly all the way through the build until near the end got the following error

make: *** [/home/rob/android/pacman/out/target/common/obj/APPS/FM2_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41

when I try to build pacman 4.2 I get stuck at the below error

Actual error message is somewhere before. That doesn't tell much. ;)

Error in 4.2 doesn't seem to be related to FM.

Guest robt77

I will get more of the error when I try to rebuild later on thanks. I know can' seem to build 4.2 at all. I might delete entirely and start from scratch. Thanks

Guest robt77

Hi

this is the full error i received for compiling pacman cm10

target Java: services (/home/rob/android/pacman/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/services_intermediates/classes)

packages/apps/FM2/src/com/caf/fmradio/FMRadio.java:280: cannot find symbol

symbol : variable STREAM_FM

setVolumeControlStream(AudioManager.STREAM_FM);

^

packages/apps/FM2/src/com/caf/fmradio/FMRadioService.java:223: cannot find symbol

audioManager.setStreamMute(AudioManager.STREAM_FM,false);

^

packages/apps/FM2/src/com/caf/fmradio/FMRadioService.java:682: cannot find symbol

audioManager.requestAudioFocus(mAudioFocusListener, AudioManager.STREAM_FM,

^

packages/apps/FM2/src/com/caf/fmradio/FMRadioService.java:704: cannot find symbol

symbol : variable ACTION_FM

Intent intent = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_FM);

^

packages/apps/FM2/src/com/caf/fmradio/FMRadioService.java:718: cannot find symbol

^

packages/apps/FM2/src/com/caf/fmradio/FMRadioService.java:732: cannot find symbol

^

packages/apps/FM2/src/com/caf/fmradio/FMRadioService.java:780: cannot find symbol

symbol : variable FM_RX

mRecorder.setAudioSource(MediaRecorder.AudioSource.FM_RX);

^

packages/apps/FM2/src/com/caf/fmradio/FMRadioService.java:853: cannot find symbol

symbol : variable FM_RX_A2DP

mA2dp.setAudioSource(MediaRecorder.AudioSource.FM_RX_A2DP);

^

packages/apps/FM2/src/com/caf/fmradio/FMRadioService.java:2037: cannot find symbol

audioManager.setStreamMute(AudioManager.STREAM_FM,true);

^

packages/apps/FM2/src/com/caf/fmradio/FMRadioService.java:2057: cannot find symbol

audioManager.setStreamMute(AudioManager.STREAM_FM,false);

^

packages/apps/FM2/src/com/caf/fmradio/FMRadioService.java:2997: cannot find symbol

audioManager.requestAudioFocus(mAudioFocusListener, AudioManager.STREAM_FM,

^

packages/apps/FM2/src/com/caf/fmradio/FMTransmitterService.java:520: cannot find symbol

symbol : variable ACTION_FM_TX

Intent intent = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_FM_TX);

^

packages/apps/FM2/src/com/caf/fmradio/FMTransmitterService.java:556: cannot find symbol

symbol : variable ACTION_FM_TX

Intent intent = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_FM_TX);

^

Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

13 errors

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

Guest KonstaT

Hi

this is the full error i received for compiling pacman cm10

It seems that you are still missing the necessary patches for FM. There's three patches that you need. One for system/core and two for frameworks/base. You also find these in your device/zte/atlas40/patches directory.

system/core

https://raw.github.c...get-prope.patch

frameworks/base

https://raw.github.c...-solution.patch

https://raw.github.c...-fm-radio.patch

Copy patches to system/core and frameworks/base directories. Change into directories and apply patches.

git am -3 patchname.patch
Or create a separate branch first so you don't need to re-apply patches after every repo sync. E.g.

cd pac-cm10-workdir
repo start branchname ./frameworks/base
cd frameworks/base
git am -3 patchname.patch[/code]

Guest robt77

Thanks KonstaT. I will try that this evening.

edit when trying to apply the patches for cm10.1 I get the following error

fatal: sha1 information is lacking or useless (core/java/android/provider/Settings.java).

Repository lacks necessary blobs to fall back on 3-way merge.

Cannot fall back to three-way merge.

Patch failed at 0001 add option to display navbar (1/2)

Edited by robt77

Guest KonstaT

Patches are made against CyanogenMod and should apply cleanly to CM. I don't know about other projects. You can try merging them as normal diff patches as well. I think that let's you resolve conflicts but I haven't used it that much. Sometimes you just have to resort to manual gediting and copy&paste. ;)

There's three patches for CM10 and four patches for CM10.1 that you must have for current functionality. I've included this in the build instructions in the third posts of both threads. I've also open sourced additional features I've done for my ROMs but you don't need to have those patches unless you want of course.

Guest robt77

new build up, based on latest KonstaT CM10 build, so working FM Radio and new Kernel. If you install, coming from CM10.1 remember to format system as well as data wipe otherwise keyboard will fc. Am still trying to build pacman 4.2 but still running into errors but hopefully should get there eventually..

Guest plantroon

hello, I would like to know if this rom works well?

Yes, it does. It even makes the phone faster than other ROMs (I think it's because of some AOKP improvements) but I miss very little featurs but that's just me... It has everything I ever needed on this phone :D

Guest peetu20

help. keyboard is not working :/

Just read topic, there was solution on page 2 or something, you need to install alternatuve keyboard.

Guest bamdad

If you have come from CM10.1 based ROM to this one you will need to format system as well as the normal wipes

why is that necessary? sometimes i see it listed under the flashing instructions, but never knew why. i thought cwm automatically does that when you flash a new rom.. just asking.

Guest robt77

no idea why but when ii installed this ROM after being on CM10.1 my keyboard fc all the time, but after I formatted system and re wiped it worked fine

Guest KonstaT

why is that necessary? sometimes i see it listed under the flashing instructions, but never knew why. i thought cwm automatically does that when you flash a new rom.. just asking.

Because CM ROMs have a backup tool (/system/bin/backuptool.sh) that runs on ROM install. It runs scripts on /system/addon.d/ directory. Usually there's one for hosts file and another one for gapps. In some cases this results in you ending up with gapps from wrong Android version if you don't format /system partition first.

There's is no justification for wiping dalvik cache and cache like sometimes instructed. These are already removed when you do a factory reset.

Guest zloduh

Yeah i noticed that every instruction for flashing sez do factory reset, wipe cache wipe dalvic but when you do factory reset you can see that it wipes cache and dalvic...

stoped doing it manually first time i saw that :D .... But this is the first post i saw that someone said that it is double work