- Voyteckst
- frenkie9999999
- spiderman1961
- kukafei
- linuxsight

- glimmling
- MinL

- Antoxa1998

thanks to all the above the dream of running android on i8000 came true. and because of their job we were expecting faster and faster, more and more efficient and smooth versions.
i followed their path. got a version, modified it, combined the best parts of each ROM and i am offering a new ROM much closer to be complete and less beta.

DETAILS ABOUT THE ROM
It is not based on frenkiedroid as far as i know but followed other path onto chinese ROMS. I think it is faster than any other ROM (tell me if not). It has achived score 1035 on antutu on my class 10 sd card (this is almost the speed of a native android phone using cm6 and this fast hardware)
According to measuments made using Benchmark & Tuning it is up to 56% faster compared to the already fast frenkiedroid

Tested
bluetooth
wi-fi
3g
calling
sms
radio
gps
usb connection
battery lasts up to 2 days

Notes :

1. on ROM versions that include exdialer or another dialer please remove Contact remover application to make the ROM lighter.
  2. on all ROMS you can remove the provided clock/alarm applications (system/deskclock or icsclock and jelly bean clock and instead you install Fantageek ClockJB from play store which gives you full jelly bean clock/alarm experience.
  3. on versions 6 and 7 you can uninstall kit kat lockscreen and install holo locker in order to make your phone faster if you are not interested on the theme and fuctions kit kat lockscreen provides

Changelog

Version 8

Information, installation instructions and photos below (post no 236)

http://www.modaco.com/topic/363114-samsung-i8000-omnia2-android-cm6new-rom-v1/page-12#entry2237894

Alternative download of cm6new v8 with 2.6.32.9 kexec kernel
Download from here
Information, installation instructions and photos below (post no242)
http://www.modaco.com/topic/363114-samsung-i8000-omnia2-android-cm6new-rom-v1/page-13#entry2241540

Version 7

Information, installation instructions and photos below (post no 184)

http://www.modaco.com/topic/363114-samsung-i8000-omnia2-android-cm6new-rom-v1/page-10#entry2194627

Version 6

Information, installation instructions and photos below (post no142 and 171)

http://www.modaco.com/topic/363114-samsung-i8000-omnia2-android-cm6new-rom-v1/page-8#entry2181866

http://www.modaco.com/topic/363114-samsung-i8000-omnia2-android-cm6new-rom-v1/page-9#entry2191511

Version 5
Information, installation instructions and photos below (post no142)
http://www.modaco.com/topic/363114-samsung-i8000-omnia2-android-cm6new-rom-v1/page-8#entry2181866

Version 4
Information and photos below (post no41)
http://www.modaco.co...40#entry2147596

Version 3
(mirror)sendspace (service)
- fixed gsm not working with some SIM cards (now i hope it can work with all networks)
- improve speed compared to version 2
- fixed other bugs

Version 2
- improved build.prop
- fixed account problem
- fixed camera problem
- fixed some crash bugs
- installed suggested programs (freeware)

Version 1
(initial release)
This ROM has preinstalled only the basic programs to allow you add any other program you desire from market.
I also suggest you another package of apps (dialers, sms apps, pictures and video apps) here

Alternative kernels
froyob3 kernel
CM6B2kernel
mini kernel
medium kernel
big kernel (original)

Installation instuctions:

• We backup our data on our card
  • download mini-tool
  • connect your phone with computer on usb disk mode for our sdcard (alternatively you can select your storage, but here i describe sd-card installation)
  • install and run minitool
  • select your sd-card and erase all partitions.
  • create a) one partition primary fat32 (the sum of sd-card's mb minus 1533 mb), B) one partition primary ext4 for our android sized 1333 mb , γ) one partition primary linux swap with the rest 200 mb
  • select apply and wait
  • you decompress the file ROM and Tools.rar
  • We change the date of our computer on any date of sept 2011
  • we run ImageRecover.exe
  • select restore (normal) and next
  • search on your computer the disk, the folder that our ROM is stored ( .TBI file) and select it
  • on the new window select the last down option
  • then on the new window select the partition of our sd card to install (this is the medium partition sized 1333 mb (will write next to it MBR1.....linux native), click onto it and press next
  • On next window when see "all data on linux native partition lost" press "yes" and wait copying to reach 100%
  • reopen minitool an if after ext4 partition there is left some unused/unformated space (grey colour) delete linux swap partition and create a new linux swap primary partition including this time the previously seen unused space
  • when finish select settings on your phone and change usb connection mode on your phone to "my storage"
  • In the root of "my storage" we paste a ) haret.exe, b ) zImage, c ) startup.txt from the folder "copy to storage card root" from the rar we downloaded and decompressed
  • Disconnect our phone from usb, enter "my storage" and run haret.exe
  • this is the end. android starts. hope you enjoy

post-931240-0-55181400-1370872545_thumb.

post-931240-0-05046100-1370872562_thumb.

post-931240-0-20602100-1370872571_thumb.

post-931240-0-93027900-1370872579_thumb.

post-931240-0-09382900-1370872594_thumb.

Edited by argentinos

Guest jayem21

can you make also an ext4.tar.gz file. i find it more easy to install in internal storage. by the way your version is really fast compared to frenkiedroid versions.

Guest jayem21

i compared your Version 1 to Version 2 and i think Version 1 is more faster and smoother. The problem only in V1 is the mtissing account settings.

Guest Hiroshi.Rio

i compared your Version 1 to Version 2 and i think Version 1 is more faster and smoother. The problem only in V1 is the mtissing account settings.

+1

Guest argentinos

ok. i do not want to compile the ROM now. i am experimenting with other matters. Do not want to fish now doesn't mean i will not teach you how to fish.
ok download file from here http://www.ziddu.com.../22360283/.html
save this file on your sd card
next is using root explorer or similar copy the file from your sd card to system/app
after paste click onto it until explorer menu will open
go to permissions and READ (tick on owner, group, others) WRITE (at least tick on owner)
click ok
reboot and normally the problem will be solved.
this is also the same procedure in making any application a system app

Now about the gsm problem i do not know if all guys here met this problem, since only one of them is reporting it. I tested the ROM with one company's SIM card and gsm, 3g were working. After you mentioned the problem i tried the same card and working again. I tried another company's SIM card in my country and your report verified. gsm was not working with this card. So i updated some files and after reboot my phone was able to recognise this card too. I hope after the update it can recognise your card too.

About the heaviness of version 2. of course it is a little more heavy since i have added extra apps and settings. more apps installed means more processes running on the backgroung and so less speed on the phone. This is why i added the extra apps not as system apps, but as normal apps, so if you do not like them just , clear their cache and data (from applications settings) and uninstall them (from application settings too), reboot and the phone will be faster.

I have summed all the above and soon Version 3 will be on the air. Edited by argentinos

Guest xheretic

How it's with partitions size when I'm using 32GB class 10 card? It's important to keep 1333MB for ext4 ? Thx for answer.

Many thanks for all of this hard work! Keep up and I'll be looking forward to Version3! Thanks again.

Edited by xheretic

Guest argentinos

can you make also an ext4.tar.gz file. i find it more easy to install in internal storage. by the way your version is really fast compared to frenkiedroid versions.

you can still install on internal storage even on this form. just edit startup.txt file and replace root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 with root=/dev/mmcblk1p2

place haret, startup.txt and zImage on sd card

format partitions on storage (not windows mobile partition) instead of sd card the same way described above

boot from sd card running haret.exe

android will start from your storage as you desire

p.s. maybe in the future i will make an ext4.tar.gz version. now my main goal is stabilize the ROM in acceptable levels. and i thank everyone here for their test and reports

Guest argentinos

How it's with partitions size when I'm using 32GB class 10 card? It's important to keep 1333MB for ext4 ? Thx for answer.

Many thanks for all of this hard work! Keep up and I'll be looking forward to Version3! Thanks again.

until i can edit the ROM's code (must use linux and ubuntu for this) and make it smaller yes you must consume 1333 mb for linux partition. also calculate some for the linux swap partition as i mentioned above. 32gb is big card. not a big loss. just consider that all android versions are laggy and create many rubish - cache - temp files. So a 1333 mb partition can save you from needing to clean all the time your temp files.

Guest Hiroshi.Rio

what is the trick to android recognize the sd card (android always show a message that sd card damage and can't mount it)?

i've changed init.rc (mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /sdcard) and vold.fstab (dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto/devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1) but no success. in fact it just stop to show my card is damage, but I still can't mount it. winmo can't recognize either. minitool shows "E: unformatted 7,6Gb)"

i can only mount the sdcard with o2betarom (with androidinstaller.exe to run in winmo). after i can see with minitools this:

post-529427-0-59521300-1371084930_thumb.

Edited by Hiroshi.Rio

Guest argentinos

what is the trick to android recognize the sd card (android always show a message that sd card damage and can't mount it)?

i've changed init.rc (mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /sdcard) and vold.fstab (dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto/devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1) but no success. in fact it just stop to show my card is damage, but I still can't mount it. winmo can't recognize either. minitool shows "E: unformatted 7,6Gb)"

i can only mount the sdcard with o2betarom (with androidinstaller.exe to run in winmo). after i can see with minitools this:

No such problem for me. and i tried many different sd cards. You have installed version 3 ? Using the procedure i mention above ? you had the same problem with versions 1 and 2 ? the picture you posted is from android autoinstaller. i didn't made an ext4.tar.gz version yet. You tried different kernel than the suggested one ? if yes then maybe this explains your problems. i understand that the kernel (zImage) i provide is not the most beautiful when the phone booting, but trust me, measurements with bechmark programs show that makes the phone more smooth and fast, so i prefer it.

i suggest you to try reinstall the ROM reading carefully the instructions and be very careful not to leave empty space between ext4 and linux swap partitions (step 16 on installation guide) and also verify if your remaining sd card partition (first partition) is fat32 formated

Guest Hiroshi.Rio

yes, I installed ver.3. i already tested all your versions (1, 2 and 3). in fact i always have this problem (no mount sd card) with all android roms.

yep, I did exactly the procedure (step 16 too).

i tested your v1 with different kernel, but now i'm using the kernel that you provide with your rom (v2 and 3)

what i did:

1. used sdformatter to erase all partitions on sd card

2. open minitool

3. with minitool i can see that sd formatter formated the card as a FAT32. With FAT32 I can't create partitions (the option 'create' is not available)

4. so i used 'delete' option on minitool. now it shows the card is 'unmountted' and now i can create partitions.

5. then i created fat32, ext4 and swap.

6. install your rom (v.3)

7. open minitool again and delete unformatted part. now i have this:

post-529427-0-26533700-1371137930_thumb.

8. run haret on winmo. android starts fine, but i get the message on android: "your sd card is damage. you need to format it".

IF: a) i format it: i will lose all partitions (minitool shows me 7,6Gb card unmountted) and android don't run anymore with haret.exe; b.) i don't format: i can't install apps on android; c) i edit init.rc and vold.fstab files: the message disappear, but i still can't mount the card.

so i tried to install your rom after use androidinstall.exe in winmo because it partitions the card fine (though reduce the total capacity of the card). and i have this after run androidinstaller:

post-529427-0-87858300-1371138711_thumb.

but it created a ext4 with 1024mb so it can't accommodate your rom. so i tried to edit setup.exe (Set ramsize 180*1024*1024) to 180*2048*2048 but it doesn't change anything.

i also tried to partition the card in half:

4gb unmounted|fat32|ext4|swap

or

fat32|ext4|swap|4gb unmounted

but no success.

i really don't know whats happens. i already read about this problem here and on xda, but no solution works for me. any tip?

just to note: i use sdhc 8gb class 6.

Edited by Hiroshi.Rio

Guest javierku

install= SD 4GB:

post-819053-0-01543200-1371144758_thumb.

Partition Fat32=2.19GB

Partition EXT4=1333MB

SWAP=200MB

All the partitions = primary

GO=computer=format SD Fat32

install

all OK. SD OK.

Guest argentinos

what i did:

1. used sdformatter to erase all partitions on sd card

2. open minitool

3. with minitool i can see that sd formatter formated the card as a FAT32. With FAT32 I can't create partitions (the option 'create' is not available)

4. so i used 'delete' option on minitool. now it shows the card is 'unmountted' and now i can create partitions.

5. then i created fat32, ext4 and swap.

6. install your rom (v.3)

7. open minitool again and delete unformatted part. now i have this:

post-529427-0-26533700-1371137930_thumb.

8. run haret on winmo. android starts fine, but i get the message on android: "your sd card is damage. you need to format it".

IF: a) i format it: i will lose all partitions (minitool shows me 7,6Gb card unmountted) and android don't run anymore with haret.exe; b.) i don't format: i can't install apps on android; c) i edit init.rc and vold.fstab files: the message disappear, but i still can't mount the card.

On step 6 i wrote the following :

create a ) one partition primary fat32 (the sum of sd-card's mb minus 1533 mb), b ) one partition primary ext4 for our android sized 1333 mb ,

c ) one partition primary linux swap with the rest 200 mb

This means on your occasion about 6049.8 mb fat32 primary, 1333 mb for you ext4 primary and the remaining for the linux swap primary

But instead this you did 1.6 fat32, 1.3 ext4, 4.7 linux-swap

Developers say that if linux swap is bigger than 250 mb it can cause you problems on android not to be able to read your sd card

i also experienced this problem before. plus do not name your fat32 partition (as sdcard or other) as you have to do using the ext4.tar.gz autoinstaller procedure. just format the partitions defining only their size, filesystem and type (primary). Do not name them. i believe after doing these steps your ROM will work perfectly as on others.

see on the following picture an example how your sd card should look after formation

post-931240-0-67745800-1371156555_thumb.

Edited by argentinos

Guest Hiroshi.Rio

thanks, argentinos. i just increase fat32 partition (to seize the card size) and follow the size that you posted for swap and ext4. finally it works!

now i'll test your rom. thanks a lot for your patience.

i used this zimage. it is very simple and stops the white square blinking on android initialization:

http://www59.zippysh...46100/file.html

Edited by Hiroshi.Rio

Guest argentinos

thanks, argentinos. i just increase fat32 partition (to seize the card size) and follow the size that you posted for swap and ext4. finally it works!

now i'll test your rom. thanks a lot for your patience.

i used this zimage. it is very simple and stops the white square blinking on android initialization:

http://www59.zippysh...46100/file.html

You are welcome! it is my glad to help others. after all on my first steps others helped me. about zImage. my point is speed, not beauty. i have no problem about the square blinking on android booting, because this kernel makes the phone super fast and super smooth. i have tried benchmarks that verified it.

the kernel (zImage) you mention lets the phone more beautiful when starting, but also lets it with half RAM compared to my kernel and also keeps the CPU and i/o endurance lower. with my zImage i saw even 91 mb free. with your kernel the most i saw is 65 (usually see 45 mb free)

the choise is yours

Guest frenkie999999999

How I am happy to see that our beloved omnia 2 is now living a second life, reborn, and I'm happy to see that many people still follow this device with such passion and develop new ROM for it.

If you want use my rom as base and develop more and more this unfortunate device ...

Great! Continue to love our omnia 2!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I cannot download from MEGA. Can you upload it to another server please?

I hate that server to download a file require you to download Chrome, and adobe flash player, and other things, then you have to wait 60 seconds and then you have to ask a question to the president of the republic, then if you're lucky, after two hours of waiting, you can finally download the file.

I hate this.

Use the direct server, there are a lot realy fast!

Edited by frenkie999999999

Guest frenkie999999999

I hate that server to download a file require you to download Chrome, and adobe flash player, and other things, then you have to wait 60 seconds and then you have to ask a question to the president of the republic, then if you're lucky, after two hours of waiting, you can finally download the file.

I hate this.

Edited by frenkie999999999

Guest argentinos

I hate this.

version 3 is more than 200 mb. very few services support uploading files bigger than 200 mb.

but i agree MEGA service is not the best. so i will try to make a mirror of version 3

anyone else wants to make a mirror he can make it freely and post the link here

Guest jayem21

i always get this error message "Google talk authentication failed" and everytime i fixed this by deleting account.db file and re-signing again to google account it will still come back after a few downloads from play store.. any solutions there to fix this problem?

Edited by jayem21

Guest totheriver

i always get this error message "Google talk authentication failed" and everytime i fixed this by deleting account.db file and re-signing again to google account it will still come back after a few downloads from market.. any solutions there to fixed this problem?

Same problem here. Very good work anyway. Thanks!!!

Edit: restarting android solves the problem for a while.

Edited by totheriver

Guest argentinos

Same problem here. Very good work anyway. Thanks!!!

Edit: restarting android solves the problem for a while.

i didn't noticed this problem in the beginning since i installed most of my apps from apk and just veryfied play store is working downloading a single app

after you messages i tried to download many apps and after 5 apps play store has shown me the above message

i have found a temporary solution until i find a way how to totally fix it. just do the following

• Go to Settings.
    • Open Applications.
      • Open Manage Applications.
        • Select All Application.
          • Search for Google Play and open it.

[*]Select Clear Data and go back to All Applications.

[*]Search for Google Services Framework and open it.

[*]Select Clear Data.

even no need to reboot the phone. just enter your account again (if asked) and navigate normally on play store

another solution is

[*]use root exlporer or similar

[*]go to data > system

[*]Find and delete accounts.db.

[*]Reboot the device.

[*]Now go to market and login using new account

i do not recommend this solution since solution 1 does the same and plus no need for reboot

solution 3 is here

http://forum.xda-dev...102&postcount=2

Thanks for your time to try this ROM. you are all helping me to find all the possible bugs and so improve it and make it the best!!!

Edited by argentinos