SAMSUNG I8000 (OMNIA2) ANDROID CM6NEW ROM V1

Guest argentinos

I have the same problem with the Image file, asking for an updated version of Image for Windows. Think I've tried everything, using the included version, and 2.78 registered, adjusting the date and not adjusting the date. Awaiting suggestions!

Thanks for the efforts, argentinos.

Solved! You have to set date to 2011 after Image For Windows start. Then it work

Guest srdannyr

Error: Image for windows.exe. The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64 bit) and then program please contact the provider.

Guest argentinos

Error: Image for windows.exe. The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64 bit) and then program please contact the provider.

read my instructions. if you deal any problem run it in windows xp compatibility mode

Guest srdannyr

Argentine Thanks for the great effort you make. After doing the installation of internal memory android phone how to make it see the files in the partition FAT 32 Ecua 6.2 GB I share with Windows Mobile. regards

Guest argentinos

i always install android on my sdcard so i can not see your problem. others that installed the ROM on internal memory just open a file explorer (prefer one with root permissions) and open storage folder. in there you will see your files !!

Guest argentinos

read how to install from here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=43053685#post43053685

method is almost similar.

just recalculate the disk partition sizes, since my ROM needs 1326 mb

twisterV2 ROM is the same good as mine about funcionality, so if you are totally new you can instal twisterV2 instead.

since your english are not good use http://translate.google.com/ to help you understand.

p.s. if you have a fast sd card (class 6 and above) android will run the same fast or even faster than internal storage

i installed the v4 two weeks ago and happy with her my phone has rebirth some trouble with the installation at first but all is ok thanks argentinos im waitimg for more versions or android 2.3 thanks again

gracias argentinos si alguien quiere que le ayude a la instalacion soy español y podria echarle una mano si no se aclara con el ingles

Guest argentinos

Please correct: 1) FM Radio turns off when the screen is locked. 2) Do not connect WI-FI. 3) Authentication Failure google. thanks.

for radio try to read/install app from here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1059296

wifi not connect is cm6 known bug sometimes

try to turn on wifi and immediately reboot your phone. after entering android again everything will work properly

google authentication is working on me. no problem. just check account synq options if backgrounda activated. if can not fix there try reinstall or search your problem on google. others didn't had your problem ( i guess you try V4)

Guest srdannyr

Perfect. Now works FM radio and WI-FI. Thanks Argentino. One question I can make linux-swap partition of 128 MB. To get more FAT32 partition size.

Guest argentinos

Perfect. Now works FM radio and WI-FI. Thanks Argentino. One question I can make linux-swap partition of 128 MB. To get more FAT32 partition size.

it depends which kernel you are using. suggested is not use smaller swap than your kernel version.

my minimum recommended is 169 mb. you can try smaller but it may affect system's performance. do not try make it smaller than 123 mb on any case.

why you do not use internal storage for your fat 32 files if you have so small sd card ? unless your storage is also 2gb (i8000M2).

in this case you can either experiment reduce swap and even ext4 size under ubuntu-gparted-resize command or else consider buy a bigger sd card. if you buy a class 4 one (not to run android from there) you can find 8GB on very low price.

Edited by argentinos

Guest pri1281

Hi Argentinos,

I am not able to start Android.

After following the installation steps, once I start HARET.EXE

1.Haret Booting Linux ...

2. Bla bla bla booting messages

3. Something in chinese "......Ghost.... I8000 etc all in red

4. The cyanogenMod revolving logo with flashing square

5. A stable white square and after that it seems hung indefinitely.

I tried with V4 and installing it in 8 GB SDHC card with recommended partitions.

Had some difficulty with "ImageRecover.exe" on my 64 bit windows 8 laptop but managed by downloading trial version of Image for Windows.... Its little tricky to get it working

- install and launch with correct system date

- Change the date to Sep 2011 just before choosing TBI File.

Guest argentinos

i think you are too much in a hurry. on first boot, system needs to create all data on your disk. this requires quite much time. wait about 5-10 minutes the most. i think system will lead you to home screen. you seem to have done all steps properly. just wait longer.

Guest pri1281

I did wait for around 5-7 minutes after the frozen white screen in first try and again for around 20-25 minutes a few times.

I tried re-partitioning and image copy again.

Guest argentinos

I did wait for around 5-7 minutes after the frozen white screen in first try and again for around 20-25 minutes a few times.

I tried re-partitioning and image copy again.

you made installation on sd card right ? ext4 partition is the second partition, right ? no empty space after ext4 and before swap, right ? partitions are primary, right ?

you placed my startup.txt file, right ?

if yes to all above then please try another version of my ROM or try twisterv2 ROM. i hope it can work on you. i do not know what you did wrong. if you have any questions during preparation please tell me, do not try to guess if you haven't done it before.

you made installation on sd card right ? ext4 partition is the second partition, right ? no empty space after ext4 and before swap, right ? partitions are primary, right ?

you placed my startup.txt file, right ?

if yes to all above then please try another version of my ROM or try twisterv2 ROM. i hope it can work on you. i do not know what you did wrong. if you have any questions during preparation please tell me, do not try to guess if you haven't done it before.

I had same problem. When I start haret.exe with phone plugged to PC witg usb cable, than it works. :)

Guest srdannyr

Argentinos, such as avoiding initializing android white square, I noticed that several past them, including me. Opt for zImage replaced by another but I see that is slower. Help if I'm doing wrong. thanks