SAMSUNG I8000 (OMNIA2) ANDROID CM6NEW ROM V1

Guest argentinos

Guest exekutive

I used minitool to "rebuild MBR" on the SD card, but I'm still getting the damaged card error. Windows disk check didn't find any errors either. Can you please give a link to the "disk doctor" you mentioned?

Edited by exekutive

Guest argentinos

i just used windows xp disk check. normally w7 disk check does the same. didn't used minitool about this.

about the ugly wallpaper it is one of the best for energy saving. because our screen is amoled and not ips lcd when displaying black colour consumes much less energy (battery) compared to any other colour. keep in mind for your future wallpapers etc

about widgets the ROM has only the basics. i didn;t put anything in order to make the phone lighter and faster. any user can download and add what he desires

ext3 / ext4 as i said are recognised almost the same under linux and this is the reason a wrote this way. maybe you are right. non experienced users might be confused, so i plan to fix it with next update. thanks

in case the phone is not responding when pressing the right side upper button (windows mobile lock button), before removing battery you can always try to press the END CALL button or a combination of lock button and END CALL button and wait a few seconds. i think they will solve your problems.

Guest exekutive

I understand that dark wallpapers save energy. I just don't like how it looks. I also don't like having only chinese ringtones. I also don't like the advertisements in some apps. You say the ROM has only basics, but there's so much garbage. So many apps that do the same thing. 2 settings, 2 phone apps, several browsers etc etc.

in case the phone is not responding when pressing the right side upper button (windows mobile lock button), before removing battery you can always try to press the END CALL button or a combination of lock button and END CALL button and wait a few seconds. i think they will solve your problems.

I tried everything. It was solidly bricked.

Now Android doesn't work at all. The phone just freezes on this screen and gets very hot ...

Photo_0795_copy.jpg

I think I will wait for the next version, because this beta is not ready for use.

Hello Argentinos,

I have installed v4 successfully. Thanks for it.

But I have problem with HW keys on i8000. Volume UP/DOWN does not work correctly. Also I am not able to find which of HW keys calls properties of some Activity!!!

Could you please help me with this?

Guest argentinos

about the many optional apps. they are installed apps not system apps, so you can remove them freely, this is the main idea. anyone likes the ics look can keep them. anyone doesn't and wants a lighter version removes them so just remove them and replace them with the ones you like or just keep android default ones.

i am definitely sure you are doing something wrong on your phone, you ever red someone to have so many problems ? so i am sure you are doing something wrong. but since you give me no info about it (under which circumstances happened) i can not help you.

about the ads, you almost accused me of using commercial software. as you know or you should learn free software on play store is not ad free too. so if you do not like the ads, just to to play store and buy the add free versions of apps you like. i can not distribute them on a ROM

To akloms :

properties key is the one above the camera button.

on me up/down volume buttons work perfectly. on which use/app they are not functioning to your phone ? if fail to work on browser etc it is a matter of browser setings etc, not a ROM problem. if you can adjust volume with them, means they are working properly. if no volume settings, then try to reflash ROM, maybe something was damaged during installation.

Edited by argentinos

• 2 weeks later...
Guest brn0zin

alguém pode me disponibilizar a versão de instalação para linux .tar.gz?

tenho apenas o linux instalado aqui e não consegui manipular o arquivo .TBI por ele de jeito nenhum.

Guest argentinos

por favor leia as instruções de instalação. eles são muito detalhados. se você tiver apenas Linux, então você precisa de outro computador com Windows para instalar esta ROM

please read the installation instructions. they are very detailed. if you have only linux then you need another computer with Windows to install this ROM

Guest brn0zin

Complicado, meu windows mobile não está funcionando direito e somente consigo usar o telefone pelo android. Porém fui tentar instalar a versão Twister2 e não obtive sucesso. Após a tela vermelha com o olho o telefone fica com a tela preta. Tentei alterações no arquivo statup.txt (mmcblk1p6-mmcblk1p2) e também não funcionou. Lembrando que eu fiz todos os procedimentos no linux, criei uma partição extendida e as outras logicas. Tentei também criar partições primárias e também não funcionou. Digo isso porque para instalar a versão chineseCM6 do amigo Argentinos, só consegui com partições primárias. Como não consegui instalar Twister2 resolvi voltar pra CM6. Mas parece difícil administrar arquivos .TBM no linux. Não consegui emular o Image for Windows. Mas tudo bem, vou arrumar outro pc com rwindows. Obrigado pela atenção e grande trabalho!

Complicated, my windows mobile is not working right and I can only use the phone for android. But I try to install version Twister2 and no success. After the red screen with the eye the phone gets the black screen. I tried to change the file statup.txt (mmcblk1p6, mmcblk1p2) and neither worked. Remembering that I did all the procedures in linux, I created an extended partition and other logics. I also tried to create primary partitions and neither worked. I say this because to install the version chineseCM6 Argentine friend, only managed with primary partitions. Because I was unable to install Twister2 decided to go back to CM6. But it seems difficult to manage files. TBM in linux. Not emulate the Image for Windows. But okay, I'll have another pc with rwindows. Thank you for your attention and great job!

After prepare my phone(formatting), i run the Image For Windows. I can select the .TBI image file, but i get stuck on this:

The program just don't recognize my phone and the other computer partitions at this point.

When i clicked on "Next" or on "Computer" i get this same message.

Maybe can you help with i did wrong?

Ps: I followed all the steps.
Ps2: This is my first installing with this method. Before this, in another versions, i used the O2droid auto installer

Thanks for all and sorry for my poor english.

Guest argentinos

very strange picture. seems you do not have disks at all on your computer. which opersting system are you running ?

step 3 says

connect your phone with computer on usb disk mode for our sdcard. i mean while i8000 running windows mobile you go to settings /general settings/ usb connection and select mass storage and sd-card

then connect your phone with computer's usb card

are you able to sync your phone with activesync ? i mean have you installed samsung drivers ? if not download them here

http://hotfile.com/dl/143026020/1167d1d/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1_3_2300_0.rar.html

or download KIES from here

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/GT-I8000KKEXEU-downloads

then do step 3 again.

in case this fails, try twisterV2 from spiderman. i think it has tar.gz version

Edited by argentinos

Guest brn0zin

A versão tar.gz do xda-developers não está funcionando. Comigo não funcionou. Com o linux só consegui fazer as partições. Para instalar a imagem tem que abrir o Windows com uma maquina virtual, no mínimo. Agora estou com tudo funcionando direitinho!! Menos meu Windows Mobile. Me parece bem mas complicado e perigoso o Flash de rom WM. Mas vou tentar...

Yes, i made the step 3.

On the first step, when i running the Image For Windows, the program recognized my disks and i can choose the .TBI file.

Now i am installing the usb driver.

I use this rom: MinLroid-O2-223-OFFICIAL1. Is fast but the wifi is not working at all, and the korean/chinese(i dont know) keyboard is sad.

I can use the Cm6 Kernel on this rom? I never tried.

At last, thx for response.

Guest argentinos

i never tried installation on 64 bit system.in fact i mainly use ubuntu or old fashion Xp32

try to fing at least a computer with 32bit system (xp, vista or 7 -better xp) and try again if fail only with drivers installation.

alternatively you can remove your phone's sd card, place it in a micro sd card reader, do the formation, recover i8000 android ROM partition and then put the card back to your phone and boot android. (i think do drivers needed for this).

Yes of course you can use this ROM kernel for your system. it is also faster 10%

you can also try kernel from here http://www.modaco.com/topic/354117-kernel-experiment-40-updated-20120528/ but you must also replace your modules. i hope you know how to do it. but many people, including me faced camera problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest yazeed1

Hi all

My WI-FI stops working after every time i try to enable hotspot (tethering hotspot).

Then, i fix WIFI *(But not tethering) by following the instructions argantinious gave here on rebooting while wifi has just been enabled, then if i try to enable wifi hotspot again, wifi goes bad again (the adapter goes missing).

My Omnia 2 (GT-I8000) had Windows 6.5

Any idea on what is happening ? and how i might be able to fix this ?

Edited by yazeed1

Guest argentinos

After many tests and research i publish
SAMSUNG I8000 (OMNIA2) ANDROID CM6NEW ROM Version 5
- Support more SIM
- Improved response
- Corrected some errors
- Upgrade latinimetutorial.apk, feedback.apk and more programs non google. google programs are in their latest versions for android 2.2 and will not be upgraded by the company itself .
- Most programs look like ics / holo (ice cream sandwich - android 4.0.X)
- settings for power saveing
- Resize partition for compatibility with TwisterV2 ROM so that anyone wants to change from one ROM to another can do it in less time

Also here all changes made ​​having in mind speed, the screen type our mobile (resistive), the platform version of course ( 2.2 ) and the look of latest distributions android (4.0 - 4.4). The optional, applications are not installed on the system , so anyone who does not need them, can uninstall them and lighten his cell phone. Anyone who needs them can keep them and make his mobile phone look like more modern. There are other similar applications in the market, but they are not free and so since it is not allowed to distribute commercial applications , anyone who wants can buy them and make his phone beautiful / faster .

Explanation of photo below
1 = home screen (the background is black on purpose because the amoled screen thus consumes less energy. If you want to change select another background with as many black dots. Black and not just dark color.)
2 = menu ics (holo launcher)
3 = ics camera
4 = ics clock
5 = ics contacts
6 = dialer with ics theme , search function and support Greek names . then the default for call if you like
7 = ics file manager
8 = keyboard ics
9 = LOCK ics (holo locker)
10 = dropdown menu samsung galaxy s3/s4 (anttek settings)
11 = ics settings
12 = ics status bar
13 = new android ics task manager (task manager). Listed by long pressing the home. If you do not like , replace it with the Advanced Task Manager or ICS Task Manager / Switcher. To open them again by long pressing the central button , select Settings / Cyanogenmod Settings / Input / Long-press home settings / select custom application

installation instructions same as here
http://www.modaco.com/topic/363114-samsung-i8000-omnia2-android-cm6new-rom-v1/#entry2132374
Beware though that here because of different size step 6 is modified
Here the step 6 are as follows :
We create a) a primary fat32 partition with (total mb card minus our 1449 mb), b ) a primary ext4 partition for android with size 1249 mb, c ) a primary linux swap partition with the remaining approximately 200 mb

post-931240-0-63603600-1387055590_thumb.

post-931240-0-98423100-1387055592_thumb.

post-931240-0-00063400-1387055596_thumb.

post-931240-0-91374300-1387055596_thumb.

post-931240-0-90536100-1387055597_thumb.

post-931240-0-99307500-1387055598_thumb.

post-931240-0-77765000-1387055600_thumb.

post-931240-0-09517200-1387055602_thumb.

post-931240-0-40611300-1387055603_thumb.

post-931240-0-44696700-1387055604_thumb.

post-931240-0-82053900-1387055650_thumb.

post-931240-0-20905200-1387055652_thumb.

post-931240-0-43595600-1387055653_thumb.

Guest argentinos

reboot or remove battery and boot again. problem will disappear. if continue reapply installation. after many installations i only met it once or two the most and cured it the same way.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eugvor

1. installed ver 5 on my Omnia2 and I was fighting with the problem mentioned before with the damaged SD card notificaton. I've spend whole day trying to reformat repartition and install again and again, used chkdsk and other tools (no errors detected)

no luck and i'm really frastrated now. I have micro SD 8 Gb HC. 

I used Mini-tool wizard home edition 8.1.1 and it does not give the possiblitiy to allocated exactly the 1249Mb, but smaller or bigger and after restoring the image the partition becomes the exact number with no extra deallocated space.

2. Second, problem is that my wifi spot at home is not detected, but my nighbores and some other strange spots which I've never since before, so I was not able to connect to my wifi router :(, why this ROM can not find my wifi spot, but others ? I have other devices and they all having no problem to find it.

So please, help, I was looking forward to have Android working on my Omina, I did it  for first time, and now I see the troubles that I may not over come without help.

Thanks.

Guest chetannaik1971

Referring to your step 16 -

reopen minitool an if after ext4 partition there is left some unused/unformated space (grey colour) delete linux swap partition and create a new linux swap primary partition including this time the previously seen unused space'

I am unable to understand how to merge the unused space after deleting the linux swap partition to make a new linux swap partition. Could you provide some screenshop guide for this step?

Guest argentinos

try bigger formating space and what left will be seen as unused so you can make it linux swap.

about the wifi check the wifi settings. in which country do you live ? different countries or different internet providers (and their stock wifi routers) follow different regulations about wifi channels or frequencies.

check if you set your wifi to only g or b or n mode. better activate all.i am not sure which band this wifi is working. if you only have n this phone does not support it so this is an explanation why you get nothing.

@chetannaik1971

check post no 1 and also http://www.modaco.com/topic/363114-samsung-i8000-omnia2-android-cm6new-rom-v1/#entry2133378

just adjust the space according to new details for Version5

under windows you can not edit ext3/4 linux swap partitions at least not with minitool. so you just DELETE previous linux swap and make a new one with the desired/left space.

Guest eugvor

try bigger formating space and what left will be seen as unused so you can make it linux swap.

about the wifi check the wifi settings. in which country do you live ? different countries or different internet providers (and their stock wifi routers) follow different regulations about wifi channels or frequencies.

check if you set your wifi to only g or b or n mode. better activate all.i am not sure which band this wifi is working. if you only have n this phone does not support it so this is an explanation why you get nothing.

@chetannaik1971

check post no 1 and also http://www.modaco.com/topic/363114-samsung-i8000-omnia2-android-cm6new-rom-v1/#entry2133378

just adjust the space according to new details for Version5

under windows you can not edit ext3/4 linux swap partitions at least not with minitool. so you just DELETE previous linux swap and make a new one with the desired/left space.

Thanks for reply. For wifi I fixed the issue by changing the wifi channel number, it appears that recently we've got many wifi routers around and it conflicted with other neighbore router. 

For for the sd card still no luck after another day spend on this issue :( , I used sdformattor tool hoping it will help, but NO.

I've tried to do exactly the same spacing for the partition2 linux of 1249, but it comes to 1240 or it was once 1249, but the mini-tool did not let me to restore into this claiming it is smaller then the original image of 1249, maybe by few bytes.

So most of the time I had partions as 6144Mb, 1256Mb, 19x Mb. After restoring the image 1256 becomes ext3 1249, but no sign of extra space, but I was deleting and creating the swap partion just  in case.

I have SDHC 8G Class 6. 

:( I have lost the hope already. Can anybody help me?