Dead G300

Guest ChrisPNE

Guest sharkyo01

Well I received my G300 back today, along with a letter advising the motherboard has been replaced.

I can tell it is the same phone as there is a tiny surface scratch in the bezel however other than that the phone is still in mint condition.

It's taken 6 working days from posting it to the repair centre to receiving it back so I'm quite impressed.

Where are you based out of interest?

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest ChrisPNE

Where are you based out of interest?

In the UK.

I bought and returned the phone from the Shop Direct Group (very, isme etc). I was very impressed with their customer service.

Guest sharkyo01

In the UK.

I bought and returned the phone from the Shop Direct Group (very, isme etc). I was very impressed with their customer service.

Sounds like far better service then other providers supply!

Guest deltaf

Same problem :(

Tonight my phone was on charge and was fully charged. When I unplugged my phone from the charger the notification LED stayed on but the screen refused to turn on. After many attempts to turn the phone on it still refused so I pulled the battery, replaced and attempted to turn on - nothing.

I have tried reconnecting the charger, nothing. Removing the battery and plugging the charger in, nothing.

Finally I connected my phone to my laptop using the USB cable and the computer chirped, attempted to install drivers and failed. The phone was shown as an 'unknown device'.

Is my G300 dead? Is there anything I can do to save it?

Any help will be much appreciated as I'm all out of ideas.

Guest CoSmEeN

If it's under warranty I would return it. My phone was rooted etc but they didn't query it.

+1

Same thing happened to me. Fried mainboard. They were just too dumb or lazy to repair it in 15 workdays and they gave me a new one (I also got mine rooted, etc and they haven't found out).