Anyone moved from a ZTE Skate to a G510?

Guest cmberry20

Guest cmberry20

Now Vodafone have dropped the price of the G510 to £110 I'm considering getting one for the Mrs as a wedding anniversary present.

She is currently using a ZTE Skate (Orange Monte Carlo) but moans about the onboard memory (no room for apps), being slow & the photo quality not being up to much.

So, has anyone used a Skate & the G510? And how do they compare?

I don't want to drop in screen size (eg. 4inch of the Y300/G330) but would like a significant faster phone with a better camera. The G510 was a 5MP camera the same as the Skate - but MP are everything & the Skate has quite bad shutter lag & the photo colours are quite wash out. How good are the photos on the G510.

Also, does the G510 do 720P video recording? I've read there's some confusion on whether its capable of this or not.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

Guest Voxpop2011

Hi cmberry, AndyMac is correct. I had the Skate before the Huawei G510 and it is an infinitely better device. It's faster and smoother with virtual rather than hard keys. It also has gorilla glass and nfc. The camera is the same 5MP so it not significantly better than the Skate's. You will be getting quite a lot of phone for that £110.

Sadly, I messed up the root hack and the phone has gone back to Vodafone for repair.

Guest Andymac1969

Thanks for the reply VP. How is the camera function? Is there much lag like th Skate?

Ta

In my use of it the camera is instant with no lag

Andrew

Guest cmberry20

Thanks Andy. The lag (or time delay from the button press to the time when the photo is taken) is terrible on the Skate. Almost a second goes by after the button press till the shutter activates. I think the autofocus doesnt help.

Looks like my misses is getting an new phone for her anniversery prezzie! Not a very romantic gift, I know, but she needs a new phone & i cant think of anything else!! {she is getting flowers as well!!}

Guest Andymac1969

Thanks Andy. The lag (or time delay from the button press to the time when the photo is taken) is terrible on the Skate. Almost a second goes by after the button press till the shutter activates. I think the autofocus doesnt help.

Looks like my misses is getting an new phone for her anniversery prezzie! Not a very romantic gift, I know, but she needs a new phone & i cant think of anything else!! {she is getting flowers as well!!}

Bootloader unlock it, root it then install a custom ROM and it makes the phone a lot quicker with all the Vodacrap stuff gone

Guest ZolaIII

This is basically same rom that two so cold "developers" are pimping with various stupid enchantments. I am still on stock 178B & there is a zero development going on! I really hope that new 4.1.2 based firmwares will come soon & will solve confusion with earlier ones.