Lewa OS 4.1.2 ROM

Guest leetron1

Guest maniv

I've got a twrp backup of a clean stock 190, just restore that.

Are you able to share it? Also, are you suppose to lock the bootloader before installing the stock ROM?

Edited by maniv

Guest TangerineTractor

Once unlocked officially, you can just forget that the bootloader was ever locked.

I got the twrp backup from the [FIRMWARE UPDATE] Y300 B190 thread

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest maniv

Once unlocked officially, you can just forget that the bootloader was ever locked.

Okay. What version of twrp do you have as I have relentlessly been trying this file and others without success.

Guest TangerineTractor

I originally had the lewa recovery... if you boot recovery and make a backup, look on your sd card you will find a folder either lewa or twrp, and in there a backup follder, within that a custom name based on your device,and in there folders with the backups, so you need to put the a190 backup folder alongside these...

I flashed touchmez, and it included a twrp recovery so updated me to a working proper twrp automatically. I then restored the 190 backup (moving it to the TWRP\backups\<device> folder first)

Guest maniv

I originally had the lewa recovery... if you boot recovery and make a backup, look on your sd card you will find a folder either lewa or twrp, and in there a backup follder, within that a custom name based on your device,and in there folders with the backups, so you need to put the a190 backup folder alongside these...

I flashed touchmez, and it included a twrp recovery so updated me to a working proper twrp automatically. I then restored the 190 backup (moving it to the TWRP\backups\<device> folder first)

Thanks for that, I have now been able to get back to stock, sigh of relief. Now I just need to find out how Call Recording worked in v1.4 and how to get a transparent status bar.

Guest maniv

If anyone is wondering about using this ROM then my suggestion would be to stick to the Stock ROM and get the bootloader unlocked and install Super User. The Stock ROM works quite well, apart for the fact that you can not record phone calls properly and that there is no transparent status bar.

There are quite a few issues with this ROM, as part of my 'non working' list I have to add Tango, Viber and PlayerPro(music player) where music tends to have a lot of blank sounds, needless to say the Stock ROM has no issues.

Edited by maniv

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bogdanwp

Does anyone still continue work on this rom ? That would be great. I used LEWA when i had Samsung Galaxy Gio and it was one of my favourite roms because of all the out-of-the-box experience. Also MIUI but that was much heavier on the system. These chinese roms are quite good :P

L.E. : are these builds for Y300 ?

http://www.mediafire...girip80/Daytona

L.L.E. : ah nevermind , i didn`t see the links on the first post :D my bad. Trying now

Edited by bogdanwp

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed the newest version (signed_lewa_os_hwu8951_final) and it works like a charm!

Everything works ... as far as I can tell ... I can't say if previously mentioned apps like Viber or Tango work because I don't use them since nobody I know uses them, so it doesn't bother me.

Guest TangerineTractor

Actually had never tried the version labelled "final" - works very well - smooth, fast, all the irritating chinese characters seem to have gone. Will run it for a few days, see how it performs.

Guest moochermick

The clearmem app gave me chinese but i changed it for an older version that i knew was in English.

Still get chinese characters in lockscreen when an sms comes in.

Guest TangerineTractor

The clearmem app gave me chinese but i changed it for an older version that i knew was in English.

Still get chinese characters in lockscreen when an sms comes in.

I don't use the clearmem app,clearing apps form the long press home key seems to do a good enough job for me. I hardly ever get sms, and don't use a lockscreen!

Guest moochermick

Been trouble-free since lunchtime...

Same here...

Can't get tasker to install though, playstore says not compatible and the apk from a backup won't install : (

Edited by moochermick

Guest TangerineTractor

Tasker running fine for me... installed from play store... pushed from my pc browser, if that makes a difference...

Guest moochermick

Tasker running fine for me... installed from play store... pushed from my pc browser, if that makes a difference...

Thanks i finally got it on by changing country/ device id in build.prop.

Guest TangerineTractor

Calculator had some Chinese characters.... anyone got an apk for stock or another basic calculator? I'm using calculator jb from play for now.

The only other issue is that the signal indicator on the status bar is blue stock, while all the other items are white and themed.

the final one seems promising so i think i'll take it for a spin.

Some questions please guys:

1. Do i need to change any basebands after loading this ? I currently have stock B186.

2. Do I need to make any changes to build.prop ?

3. Does it work fine with my current working clockworkmod ? or does it need it's own recovery ?

thanks.

Guest TangerineTractor

the final one seems promising so i think i'll take it for a spin.

Some questions please guys:

1. Do i need to change any basebands after loading this ? I currently have stock B186.

2. Do I need to make any changes to build.prop ?

3. Does it work fine with my current working clockworkmod ? or does it need it's own recovery ?

thanks.

I haven't had to change any basebands, build.prop or anything. Used ROM Toolbox to remove some apps I didnt want, installed Nova launcher etc...

I have TWRP recovery, flashed fine.

Found some chinese text in the calculator and in the phone dialler/contacts.

Seems a little faster than Stock 190 and derivatives.

Guest TangerineTractor

Fixed the chinese characters in the dialler and contacts - it's doing some sort of dynamic lookup of phone numbers, providers etc...

I used ROM Toolbox to freeze the two com.lewa.providers apps - I'll probably uninstall them eventually... but without these, the dialler and contacts don't dynamically lookup anything chinese, all the chinese characters are gone!

Edit to add: Don't delete them, just freeze them! Got stuck in a bootloop after deleting them...

Xperia 4.12 Calculator is a good freebie replacement for the chinese one in the rom...

And the experia notes are brilliant!

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2115374

the same one we have in Lewa, both light and dark version and all in English can be found here http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2096996

1. Used root explorer to rename LewaCalculator.apk to LewaCalulator.org.

2. Extractred the apk from the zip, copied (via root explorer) to /system/app and renamed as LewaCalculator.apk, set the right permission and all fine.

3. Delete original (now name LewaCalculator.org) if you want to, or just keep it in case you want to go back to the Chinese one !

Edited by xzyk

Guest Tommy21

Which one of these files on mediafire is lewa for y300-100(171b i think)?Did anyone notice any bugs or battery drain?Are these files compatible with cwm recovery because i don't use twrp anymore?

Edited by Tommy21