Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tinsel

Upgraded from Orange to Xolo using AIO, doesnt have T9 dialler

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I successfully used the AIO tool to change my OSD from the stock Orange ROM to the Xolo Rom, and I have enabled the SD card. This works great, and I have stuffed the micro SD slot with a 32gb card with loads of films on it to entertain the kids when travelling - they also work perfectly played back on a TV via the micro HDMI.

The problem is the dialler no longer seems T9 predictive - ie, when dialling Joe I would press 563.

What have I done wrong ? Or does the Xolo rom not have T9 ? Simple thing, but if you use the phone a lot as a phone, it makes it painful.

Cheers,

Tinsel

Edited by Tinsel

The system app installed with the Xolo rom doesn't seem to support it( I can't remember the Orange one TBH). I use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jbapps.contactpro&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5qYmFwcHMuY29udGFjdHBybyJd which is an excellent dialler/contacts app which does support predictive T9.

Thanks for the tip BlueMoonRising. I will try the app you recommend. Shame though, I much prefer standard apps wherew possible if only to keep things as simple as possible.

Edited by Tinsel