[FIRMWARE UPDATE] Y300 B190

Guest leetron1

Guest leetron1

Hi Folks...just noticed this over at Android Hilfe...Y300-0100 build update to B190...definitely seems a bit snappier than shipped (B176) firmware.

213581d1371281925t-ascend_y300-y300-0100_android_4-1_emotion_ui_v100r001c00b182-screenshot_2013-06-15-09-37-43.png

File you download is a zipped TWRP backup file...unzip and manually place it in the TWRP backup folder on your SD card...enter recovery and flash it via the restore button.

I had to manually enter my APN for 3G to work...all fun & games though eh!!!

This is the forum link:

http://www.android-h...001c00b182.html

Link for download:

https://docs.google....pdHM/edit?pli=1

Edited by leetron1

Guest leetron1

Is there a way to flash this safely via CWM?

hi there...the folder contains specific TWRP backup files so would say almost certainly not...flash TWRP recovery then you should be good to go ;)

Guest leetron1

Ok I flashed TWRP, but it can't seem to find the folder when I enter Restore. There's nothing listed on the screen. Ideas?

Edit: I tried this version instead: https://docs.google....2Fha2hSTGs/edit but that fails to update halfway through.

First do a backup with the ROM you are currently on using TWRP...this will be stored in folder 'backup' on SD...put the unzipped folder from the download into this 'backup' folder then enter TWRP and you should have 2 restore files...restore the B190 file...eh voila

Guest Pierreism

Oops, it doesn't seem to work.

When I have both folders in the backup folder, the Restore still only shows me one for some reason.

Edit: Okay now I see, the BACKUP folder creates another folder inside of it, and you have to put it inside THAT folder. So the B190 update is pasted in TWRP > BACKUP > xxxxx > here

Edit 2: Success! I'm glad they've made it much closer to stock, but the phone as a whole doesn't seem much faster to me. Thanks for the help anyway leetron1!

Edited by Pierreism

Guest ZolaIII

It's not supposed to be faster bat more stable with bug fixes for Bluetooth, Viber & so on.

Both firmware's are for the Asian market so they are not fully optimized yet! Bat i think that we will have official international update soon!

& this is stock!

Guest Pierreism

Okay: new problem :(

I can't seem to save an APN profile. Whenever I hit 'Save', it boots me back to a blank APN List. If I just enter in the profile name and APN however, it seems to save. It's only when I fill in the rest of the details that refuses.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TangerineTractor

This was a life saver for me as I messed up my stock...

For the APN, you need to press the menu key and save, it doesn't just remember your settings when you hit back.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest dexterul

before installing it i wanted to ask if there are any other problems other than the APN problem

is microphone on viber fixed ?

720p video work ?

notification bar is full and operational ?

did they added the Move to SD option ?

umm thats all i can think at this moment

Guest Pierreism

My APN problem wasn't a problem in the end. I just had my APN details wrong from the network and apparently it doesn't save if it can't connect properly. Haven't tried viber but there's no 720p video. Notification bar works fine, but I don't think anything has changed with SD storage.

Edited by Pierreism

Guest dexterul

My APN problem wasn't a problem in the end. I just had my APN details wrong from the network and apparently it doesn't save if it can't connect properly. Haven't tried viber but there's no 720p video. Notification bar works fine, but I don't think anything has changed with SD storage.

when i bought the phone i could make 720p videos with its stock rom , but afterward when i downloaded the official b175 from the website , there was no more 720p and no more notification panel toggles ...

is it hard to convert this B190 recovery in a B190 firmware update ? so you dont have to install everything afterward ?

Edited by dexterul

Guest asterixx93

Hello, I need a big help, I am a holder of Y300-00XX and I have the fw version B169 BRAND wind (Italian) Does anyone have a backup of the B182 or B190 with the Italian language? Can I do a restore directly from TWRP having the B169? Many thanks to all of you.

Guest Pierreism

when i bought the phone i could make 720p videos with its stock rom , but afterward when i downloaded the official b175 from the website , there was no more 720p and no more notification panel toggles ...

is it hard to convert this B190 recovery in a B190 firmware update ? so you dont have to install everything afterward ?

Apparently you can enable 720p capture in the build.prop, but because of the bad framerate it isn't worth the trouble. As for the last sentence, not quite sure what you mean. I just followed the instructions above and flashed the file via TWRP. Notification toggles + settings do seem to have gone though. *shrug*

Guest TangerineTractor

I would recommend to anybody not to do updates between roms or versions, but always to do a wipe and install, or in this case restore the backup. In most cases, it's really a case of entering a few settings and reinstalling apps through Google play. In my expertise, updating ruins leads to issues and bugs that the devs have not seen because they can not have tested in that unique scenario.

Guest tillaz

yeah, was just wondering if the person that got the official update had uploaded the update.app.

i have made a flashable .zip from the TWRP backup, just waiting for my bootloader unlock code,

anyone know if there is an unofficial way to unlock? lol i hate having to wait...

Guest TangerineTractor
Great to have Tillaz on board!

Yeah, ex g300 owners club!

What we really need to start off with is a clean stock based Rom with all the performance and battery tweaks, but none of the bloat or extra apps, and let people add what they want later either by standard installation our flashable zips, a bit like the old stock+ on the g. I personally never got on with infusion and other roms that had too many cosmetic enhancements and apps that I never used... I prefer a clean fast bare Rom.

Edited by TangerineTractor