Vowney / Verne V5

Guest bryfly

Guest kieranswhite
Some framework mods

- Improved sound (audio should be louder)

- Disabled voumle change tone

- Faster UI

- CRT off animation

- Allow all rotations

- Enabled intrusive led notfcation

- Enabled lockscreen rotation

flash in recovery, no wipe

http://www.solidfile...m/d/fea4734c09/

Could you explain what some of these do? Some are obvious but what is intrusive led?

Guest Rico_89

i know how you feel about the 3G i also use it a very lot, the phones i got my parents do the same thing...

its actually putting me of buying another china phone for my self

Don't get too despondent once you know what you want then keep looking for something that you'll be able to use and mess around with.

I wanted to see if I could get along with a 5" screen and get a more than just a dual core upgrade in speed from the G300, so for me the V5 was the perfect test case, and it has exceeded my expectations in 95% of how I personally use a phone. And I have to say these quadcore machines are on another level to something like the G300, not to mention the larger screen is just awesome.

Dont't have a vowney but seriously thinking of getting one. Could this be of any help for the gps problems?

Honestly I get better results on the V5 using GPS tester than the i7 in that video. The problem seems to be in google maps where getting GPS lock is hit and miss, but GPS tester usually shows an accuracy of under 15 feet for the V5.

Guest Sere83

Have you got roaming ticked also which signal do you get best tmob or orange , do you have phone set to automatic or manual network settings , try both and try manual and try each tmob and then manually chose orange see if that helps, when I was with orange I always locked mine to T-Mobile by manually choseing it in network settings always worked better for me on my g300 and I still have a orange dongle , just thought daughters phone on t mobile and had similar problems to you about month ago phone just would not browse but showed h , had problem on and off for about a week then problem just sorted it self , it must have been a network fault , not had that problem since

Yeah My Xiaomi Mi One did it too, but like you say seemd to fix itself after a while. I tried manually changing, gave me even worse results, more complete drop outs or hanging apps.

G I have the following issues so far:

GPS. Same as other users, sometimes it works great, sometimes it keeps losing the fix. Played with all the options and Gps.conf changes, but no solution yet. Does anyone have the gps always working properly?

Buttons. The menu button doesn't always respond to the long press for recent apps. I find that if I do a long press on the bottom half of the button, it works.

LED. the led notification doesn't have a very wide viewing angle.

Other than that, the phone is really fast, and leagues ahead of my old g300, which now seems so small. The main issue for me is the gps. I've noticed that the new 'hybrid' rom on needrom.com states 'gps normal' in the changelog, so might give that one a go tonight.

Haven't had any 3g network problems at all. I usually get H+ or H, but I'm in Spain, on the Orange network, not the UK.

Yeah that hybrid rom looks pretty bonkers MIUI/LEWA. There are loads of roms on teh chinese V5 forums too. Be interested to try some of them

its only deodexed so people can easily decompile the .jar and .apk to make mods, its not actually a requirement for cwm, most stock roms are already deodexed.

also, if you want to flash back to fully stock you just use the flash tool with the full stock rom which should be all in .img format, same way you flash recovery but with all the other files

i know how you feel about the 3G i also use it a very lot, the phones i got my parents do the same thing...

its actually putting me of buying another china phone for my self :(

Yeah its such a shame, i love this phone, so frustrating. I just installed your stripped Rom and the framework pack by the way.

3g seems the same, GPS not working at all and now even approximate location via data is not working anymore ;-(. When you hit location dot in gmaps it just says 'waiting for location'. Think I might go back to the earlier one with gapps

Edited by Sere83

Guest blaster99999

Some framework mods

- Improved sound (audio should be louder) / sound on full all time regardless of what you change volume setting too

- Disabled voumle change tone / works

- Faster UI / works if not too fast lol

- CRT off animation / works

- Allow all rotations / not sure what this means

- Enabled intrusive led notfcation / don't know what this is

- Enabled lockscreen rotation / doesn't seem to make any difference

flash in recovery, no wipe

http://www.solidfile...m/d/fea4734c09/

had to do a restore from backup , due to unable to change phone sound from full volume Edited by blaster99999

Guest blaster99999

Yeah My Xiaomi Mi One did it too, but like you say seemd to fix itself after a while. I tried manually changing, gave me even worse results, more complete drop outs or hanging apps.

Yeah that hybrid rom looks pretty bonkers MIUI/LEWA. There are loads of roms on teh chinese V5 forums too. Be interested to try some of them

Yeah its such a shame, i love this phone, so frustrating. I just installed your stripped Rom and the framework pack by the way.

3g seems the same, GPS not working at all and now even approximate location via data is not working anymore ;-(. When you hit location dot in gmaps it just says 'waiting for location'. Think I might go back to the earlier one with gapps

have you got mobile uncle installed theres a lot of things you can do with that app , as ygps and other setting and you can set a reference location bit like a starting point by the looks of it, might be worth a look for your problem.

Guest Rico_89

anyone have theirs ship without a tracking number on merimobiles?

mine shipped on the 21st but still has no tracking number

Didn't they eMail you the tracking number? If not then it may have been filtered into your spam mail.

--------------------------

I should mention that the Black back shell and 2 screen protectors I purchased on 24th from eBay shipped today. I hope it won't take too long but I expect at least two and half weeks.

Edited by Rico_89

Hi tillaz, guess as you said in your post "give this a try" you were not 100% sure it would work, have you got anything else up your sleeve to try and correct it?

further info....the volume up /down still works from the button on the side of the phone but not from settings

Cracked it, took settings.apk and settingsprovider.apk from working rom and pasted into the rom im using and works fine now, did not delete the other .apk's turned them into .bak files case I need to revert, which I might do as im not sure if I corrupted something else

I'm having the same problem with volume settings force closing. Do you think you could post links to the working settings.apk and settingsprovider.apk?

Guest trashbat

Didn't they eMail you the tracking number? If not then it may have been filtered into your spam mail.

just checked it with no luck, have sent them an email

hoping its just a mistake on their part

Could someone with a V5 tell me how loud the music is through headphones. I am hoping to change to one if the sound is loud enough.

I am coming from an iPhone - the one thing that I don't like about the g300 is how quiet the sound is through the headphones.

Music through headphones seems pretty loud to me. But then again what I think of as loud may be different to what you think is loud. :P

Guest Sere83

its only deodexed so people can easily decompile the .jar and .apk to make mods, its not actually a requirement for cwm, most stock roms are already deodexed.

also, if you want to flash back to fully stock you just use the flash tool with the full stock rom which should be all in .img format, same way you flash recovery but with all the other files

its actually putting me of buying another china phone for my self :(

So i can just flash the original .img in CMW? Is there an option in CMW to flash .img? Also....wIll your root and google services and fixes Zips work with the stock rom?

I also download the latest stock rom but it comes as a .rar with database and bin folders inside, how do you flash?

Edited by Sere83

Guest tillaz

So i can just flash the original .img in CMW? Is there an option in CMW to flash .img? Also....wIll your root and google services and fixes Zips work with the stock rom?

I also download the latest stock rom but it comes as a .rar with database and bin folders inside, how do you flash?

as far as i know, to flash the stock rom with the flash tool you need to add all the files from the bin folder where the recovery.img is, load the scatter file

then make sure all the required boxes are ticked then hit download.

here is a screen recording i made, if your not sure what i mean

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/5aa0eb4b24/

Guest bryfly

I'm having the same problem with volume settings force closing. Do you think you could post links to the working settings.apk and settingsprovider.apk?

Here is the 2 files I used, if you are not sure what to do I can try and explain what I did, but I'm a bit of a novice.......

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/07198d8d20/

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/5e39ece51d/

Guest Rico_89

n2mg.jpg

I was checking my order status on Merimobiles and this new coupon code popped up. It might help someone if the other codes don't work.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest kieranswhite

n2mg.jpg

I was checking my order status on Merimobiles and this new coupon code popped up. It might help someone if the other codes don't work.

How long did peoples tracking take to update after leaving china?

Mine apparently left china on the 24th and i havent been able to track it since

Guest blaster99999

Regarding v5 mobile data speed I noticed in mtk engineers menu 2 options one was gsm/wcdma auto and other as gsm/wcdma (wcdma preferred) now I would have thought the preferred option would be better might be worth a look at for v5 users having data problems, also would it not be better to untick unused frequencies

Guest kieranswhite

Regarding v5 mobile data speed I noticed in mtk engineers menu 2 options one was gsm/wcdma auto and other as gsm/wcdma (wcdma preferred) now I would have thought the preferred option would be better might be worth a look at for v5 users having data problems, also would it not be better to untick unused frequencies

yeah ill definitely have a play with mine when i receive it .

Guest blaster99999

had to do a restore from backup , due to unable to change phone sound from full volume

tillaz could you have a look why the frame work update you posted sets my phone to full volume all the time regardless of what change the setting too Edited by blaster99999

Guest Sere83

I'm seriously thinking my unit may actually be defective. GPS completely doesn't work anymore, no locks ever, tried WCDMA preferred and WCDMA auto and they act exactly the same.

Im thinking my radio may be weak or something. Incidentally I also tried some other roms on NeedRom, the Lewa one and the Lewa hybrid, they all gave me the same reception over 3G no change really.

Guest kieranswhite

I'm seriously thinking my unit may actually be defective. GPS completely doesn't work anymore, no locks ever, tried WCDMA preferred and WCDMA auto and they act exactly the same.

Im thinking my radio may be weak or something. Incidentally I also tried some other roms on NeedRom, the Lewa one and the Lewa hybrid, they all gave me the same reception over 3G no change really.

I'd have a look on the V5 forum

Have a look at this ROM http://bbs.v5zn.com/...orderby=replie

Edited by kieranswhite

Guest -Ollie-

Hello,

My v5 arrived yesterday. I have to say that I'm really pleased with the overall quality of the phone. Had some data connection issues at first, but discovered that I put my sim card in the wrong slot... Bit nooby. After that I'm only having 3 small issues:

- The description says that the phone should have a 8mp back camera. I can only set it to 6mp max though (still pleased for the bang for buck quality of the camera).

- The left bottom of the screen gives a very faint bluish tint if I'm browsing an all white environment (think this is just faulty hardware?)

- GPS works, but not accurate at all. Should have drowned 5 times while biking home yesterday if it were up to the GPS ;) Tried the fixes mentioned above, but to no avail.

I am running stock rom (got mine pre rooted from MeriMobiles). So should I flash another rom? Or leave it like this since everything is working (although not perfect). Suggestions are highly appreciated.

Guest Sere83

as far as i know, to flash the stock rom with the flash tool you need to add all the files from the bin folder where the recovery.img is, load the scatter file

then make sure all the required boxes are ticked then hit download.

here is a screen recording i made, if your not sure what i mean

http://www.solidfile...m/d/5aa0eb4b24/

Thanks Tillaz, does this remove CMW? Also can your zips be used with the stock rom? Also Does this guide apply to the latest official chinese rom from june 15th?

Incidentluy Tillaz, the original deodexed rom you made of the official June 15th Build is actually exactly the same as the Chinese build plus you just added Gapps right?

There is no way anything could have gone wrong when you repackaged it to affect GPS or 3g is there really? So in fact there is no point in me going back to my original chinese build as your one that i am currently using is basically the latest rom from vowney anyway (+ gapps) right?

I'd have a look on the V5 forum

Have a look at this ROM http://bbs.v5zn.com/...orderby=replie

Yeah I think thats on needrom too. Could try I suppose but i'm not particuallry hopeful as the other 2 roms i tried had same 3G issues. This this rom was also released before the June 15th official rom so any fixes in there wont be included in this.

Also @Blaster9999 did you make a backup up of the rooted stock rom from merimobiles? I may need to return to that, just in case I have to send it back

Edited by Sere83