Vowney / Verne V5

Guest bryfly

Guest Lovetz

Good news for all dualsim devices:

MIUI V5 with dual SIM support coming soon

According to MIUI developers here in China, a new MIUI V5 will launch next week especially developed to support dual SIM Mediatek phones.

This new version of MIUI is based on Android 4.2, the official version of MIUI is based on 4.1 Jelly Bean, and has been specially developed for use with Mediatek powered phones with dual SIM support.

Most phones running a quad-core MT6589 SoC could eventually get the MIUI V5 but for now only the following models will be supported ZTE V987, N986, V967S, and Lenovo A820, A820T, S920.

Guest Lovetz

I clicked to run the update, the phone rebooted, the android robot with the spinning shape came up and then it loaded CWM and gave me errors:

CMW-based Recovery v6.0.3.0

Finding update package…

Opening update package…

Verifying update package…

Installing update…

Assert failed: getprop(“ro.product.device”) ==”bird89_wet_c_jb2” || getprop(“ro.build.product”) == “bird89_wet_c_jb2”

E:Error in /sdcard/walking/20130703103514754.zip

(status 7)

Installation aborted.

1. Open /sdcard/walking/20130703103514754.zip with 7zip (for example)

2. Open 20130703103514754.zip\META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script with text editor

3. Delete first and second lines (with the words "getprop") in this text file (updater-script) and save it.

4. Flash new /sdcard/walking/20130703103514754.zip in CWM.

That is all.

Edited by Lovetz

Guest xaris-cd

Hi,

thanks for this great topic at the first time.

I have one big problem with my vowney v5, when I make a call the other side do not heard me very well. Is this have any solution for my problem, can I change anything in mobileunle or something else?

Thank you in advance!

Found solution using SoundAbout > Wired Headset detection UNcheck

i have same problem other side do not heard me very well ,i try your solution but nothing happent can somebody think other solution?

in skype the sound maybe little louder but not clear

post-1018513-0-64000600-1374953693_thumb

Edited by xaris-cd

Guest trashbat

does anyone else get ripples when they put pressure on the screen? (ie. not major pressure just anything more than a light tap)

Guest Dan Mullen

does anyone else get ripples when they put pressure on the screen? (ie. not major pressure just anything more than a light tap)

Just tried and I can't see any ripples.

Guest Sere83

Yep, I get this, mentioned it briefly in my review. Basically most of the issues mentioned I seem to have lol

Guest rainnman78

I'm interested in this phone I read all forum post I would like to say this forum really helpful about everthing.

Before buying I want to learn I was wondering someting.

1. How is the touch buttons responsivity? (Someone says bad or not working properly)

2. How is the heat for normal using and playing game?

3. How is the quality and loudness headphone and speaker? (Someone says when the getting incoming calls sound is slightly)

4. 1gb ram is enough? When the phone boot up how is the available ram?

5. Does the Gps work properly? Custom roms solved the Gps connection problem?

6. Does OTG conneciton support MHL adapter?

Guest victox

Hi guys,

I got my Vowney two days ago and I've tried to improve the flashlight, changing the build,prop, but it's still very weak, does someone else have the same problem with the flashlight? any solution? Concerning the screen, is it actually dragontrail or I should put a screen protector?

Thanks!

Guest Carline

I got my Vowney two days ago and I've tried to improve the flashlight, changing the build,prop, but it's still very weak, does someone else have the same problem with the flashlight? any solution? Concerning the screen, is it actually dragontrail or I should put a screen protector?

This is a stronger lighting CWM flashable flashlight: http://d-h.st/rEw

Guest nsmacd1

Yep, I get this, mentioned it briefly in my review. Basically most of the issues mentioned I seem to have lol

Not ripples as such, but I do sometimes get a white area where the finger has been pressed (not too hard!)

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest elsita

Hi,

I have just received my Vowney V5. Unfortunately the lower right soft button (back) doesn't work. It does nothing, it does not even switch on the lighting of the lower soft buttons (the other 2 works perfectly). Is this a known problem? How can I solve it? Or I received a faulty phone and I have to negotiate with the webshop?

(ROM: alps.jb2.mp.v1.3)

hardware buttons malfunctioning are quite common in the v5 received from pandawill in spain, it is not a software problem, making use of your warranty is the only solution

Guest Carline

Thanks for the answer, but I'm running it with v1.3, official ROM, can I install your zip? How do I install it?

Thank you! :)

Install CWM recovery first, then install this zip file in CWM.

Guest victox

Install CWM recovery first, then install this zip file in CWM.

Thanks but it's still very weak :(, maybe it's just a poor quality led...

Guest BollyBalls

Is anybody know if exist a silicon case or hard case for vowney v5?... Or a case from another phone that could be used on V5?

Guest elsita

Is anybody know if exist a silicon case or hard case for vowney v5?... Or a case from another phone that could be used on V5?

the tpu gel back cover case for the zp810 fits perfect, but the holes are in different places, so I guess any 5 inches case will fit fine, look for a phone with similar holes that have the case you want to buy, aliexpress.com is a good place to search for it

Guest xaris-cd

i have same problem other side do not heard me very well ,i try your solution but nothing happent can somebody think other solution?

in skype the sound maybe little louder but not clear

everything ok when i put new cwm from here http://www.needrom.c...roms/vowney/v5/

the sound is ok ,run stable and fast only Compass not working ,no big problem

is there any MIUI V5 – 3.7.26 version for v5

Edited by xaris-cd

Guest BollyBalls

everything ok when i put new cwm from here http://www.needrom.c...roms/vowney/v5/

the sound is ok ,run stable and fast only Compass not working ,no big problem

is there any MIUI V5 – 3.7.26 version for v5

the tpu gel back cover case for the zp810 fits perfect, but the holes are in different places, so I guess any 5 inches case will fit fine, look for a phone with similar holes that have the case you want to buy, aliexpress.com is a good place to search for it

I found that samsung galaxy grand has the same holes and the same size as verne v5. But i don' t try it. What do you think about?

When I was considering buying the V5 I thought the Newman K1 silicone case would be a good fit. However I own neither so can't confirm it but you can get them on ebay for £3 with free shipping so it might be worth a try for someone.

Most of the holes looked to be in the right place.

Edited by Guest

Guest BollyBalls

When I was considering buying the V5 I thought the Newman K1 silicone case would be a good fit. However I own neither so can't confirm it but you can get them on ebay for £3 with free shipping so it might be worth a try for someone.

Most of the holes looked to be in the right place.

Yeah, you're right, i bought one by ebay.. thanks for the help