Vowney / Verne V5

Guest bryfly

Guest bryfly

yeah the files you sent are fine,

if you have CWM installed i could make a zip to flash them back on the system ?

Thanks, but do not have cwm installed, after the last few days backed off putting it on...lol..........is there away of putting them on my sd card and pasting into system/apps

Guest tillaz

Thanks, but do not have cwm installed, after the last few days backed off putting it on...lol..........is there away of putting them on my sd card and pasting into system/apps

to be honest you really should have cwm installed, as its crucial for reviving your phone should something randomly go wrong,

especially if you have root.

but yeah, you should be to just add them to system / app and set the permissions like shown below then reboot.

post-913969-0-00900400-1371665563_thumb.

Guest Sere83

No I just ripped the gps.conf file from the zip, backed up my original and then overwrote it with his.

Sweet, nice one, gonna give it a go, tried earlier to get a lock when I was out and got absolutely nothing.

Edited by Sere83

Guest bryfly

to be honest you really should have cwm installed, as its crucial for reviving your phone should something randomly go wrong,

especially if you have root.

but yeah, you should be to just add them to system / app and set the permissions like shown below then reboot.

post-913969-0-00900400-1371665563_thumb.

followed the instructions via root browser and reboot, back to root browser and click install get result "problem parsing the package"

Guest blaster99999

I installed and followed the gps guide and part of the guide was to choose location which was pool server which updated the gps confif file , and ive had no problems with my gps, but im mainly only using co pilot and get lock with in usually a minute in car.

Steps to get your 3G up and running:

1. Go to Settings > Google > Location Settings and make sure ‘Let Google apps access your location’ is ON.
  2. In this same area you will see a box at the bottom of the dialog that says ‘Location Access’ tap it. (alternatively, access this area by going to Settings > Location access. Make sure ‘Access to my location’, ‘GPS satellites’ and ‘Wi-fi & mobile network location’ are all checked / toggled on.
  3. In Settings > Location access, tap the words ‘GPS satellites’. Enable ‘GPS EPO assistance’. Make sure you have internet on, go into ‘EPO settings’ and download EPO data.
  4. This is just my personal opinion, but if you don’t have an always on data-connection, don’t turn on A-GPS to test your GPS. That’s just my opinion though. Many people enable it and if you’ve got an always on data connection (2G/3G), it should be turned on – though if you’re on a very limited plan, you might want to turn it off after you’re done using GPS. If you want to enable it, tick it ON.
  5. If you’re rooted, download ‘Faster GPS’ and set your location. This is good for helping with a quick first lock, however after the first lock, the program basically becomes useless unless you change countries.
  6. Download ‘GPS Test’ from Play. In GPS Test settings, make sure screen always on is checked.
  7. Go outside for up to 15 minutes and watch the pretty little bars go up and down until you get a lock, or put your phone outside. Subsequent locks should be quicker. Especially if you do it within a short time after the cold lock.
  8. Let us know your result on Chinaphonearena.com and post your results here as well along with the phone model you’re using.
Edited by blaster99999

Guest tillaz

i'm just unpacking the system.img now, then i need to unpack the boot.img so i can get the bootclasspath then deodex the whole ROM.

will upload the launcher soon and a flashable stock dexdeod ROM ;)

Guest tillaz

tillaz do you know what could be causing vowney to keep disconnecting from car Bluetooth while on calls??

i will have a look,

was just looking at some stuff on the system and the mtk6589 supports quite a lot of media formats out the box... at least the v5 does

divx & xvid been the most surprising...

OMX.MTK.VIDEO.DECODER.H263 video_decoder.h263 libMtkOmxVdec.so
OMX.MTK.VIDEO.DECODER.MPEG4 video_decoder.mpeg4 libMtkOmxVdec.so
OMX.MTK.VIDEO.DECODER.AVC video_decoder.avc libMtkOmxVdec.so
OMX.MTK.VIDEO.DECODER.RV video_decoder.rv libMtkOmxVdec.so
OMX.MTK.VIDEO.DECODER.VC1 video_decoder.vc1 libMtkOmxVdec.so
OMX.MTK.VIDEO.DECODER.VPX video_decoder.vpx libMtkOmxVdec.so
OMX.MTK.VIDEO.DECODER.MPEG2 video_decoder.mpeg2 libMtkOmxVdec.so
OMX.MTK.VIDEO.DECODER.DIVX video_decoder.divx libMtkOmxVdec.so
OMX.MTK.VIDEO.DECODER.DIVX3 video_decoder.divx3 libMtkOmxVdec.so
OMX.MTK.VIDEO.DECODER.XVID video_decoder.xvid libMtkOmxVdec.so
OMX.MTK.AUDIO.DECODER.RA audio_decoder.ra libMtkOmxCookDec.so
OMX.MTK.AUDIO.DECODER.MP3 audio_decoder.mp3 libMtkOmxMp3Dec.so
OMX.MTK.AUDIO.DECODER.AAC audio_decoder.aac libMtkOmxAacDec.so
OMX.MTK.AUDIO.DECODER.G711 audio_decoder.g711 libMtkOmxG711Dec.so
OMX.MTK.AUDIO.DECODER.AMR.NB audio_decoder.amrnb libMtkOmxAMRNBDec.so
OMX.MTK.AUDIO.DECODER.AMR.WB audio_decoder.amrwb libMtkOmxAMRWBDec.so
OMX.MTK.AUDIO.DECODER.WMA audio_decoder.wma libMtkOmxWmaDec.so
OMX.MTK.AUDIO.ENCODER.AMR audio_encoder.amrnb libMtkOmxAmrEnc.so
OMX.MTK.AUDIO.ENCODER.AWB audio_encoder.amrwb libMtkOmxAwbEnc.so
OMX.MTK.AUDIO.ENCODER.AAC audio_encoder.aac libMtkOmxAacEnc.so
OMX.MTK.VIDEO.ENCODER.AVC video_encoder.avc libMtkOmxVenc.so
OMX.MTK.VIDEO.ENCODER.H263 video_encoder.h263 libMtkOmxVenc.so
OMX.MTK.VIDEO.ENCODER.MPEG4 video_encoder.mpeg4 libMtkOmxVenc.so
OMX.MTK.AUDIO.ENCODER.VORBIS audio_encoder.vorbis libMtkOmxVorbisEnc.so
OMX.MTK.AUDIO.DECODER.VORBIS audio_decoder.vorbis libMtkOmxVorbisDec.so
OMX.MTK.AUDIO.DECODER.APE audio_decoder.ape libMtkOmxApeDec.so
OMX.MTK.AUDIO.DECODER.FLAC audio_decoder.flac libMtkOmxFlacDec.so
OMX.MTK.AUDIO.DECODER.ADPCM audio_decoder.adpcm libMtkOmxAdpcmDec.so
OMX.MTK.AUDIO.ENCODER.ADPCM audio_encoder.adpcm libMtkOmxAdpcmEnc.so[/code]

what's the highest res the v5 allows to records in?

Guest Rico_89

... and ive had no problems with my gps, but im mainly only using co pilot and get lock with in usually a minute in car.

My theory is that google maps isn't working with this rom and the gps on the V5 is fine.

Sweet, nice one, gonna give it a go, tried earlier to get a lock when I was out and got absolutely nothing.

When you swap out the gps.conf file restart your phone then run the GPS test app (if you can note the accuracy and post it here) then run Google maps. I get lock but the blue arrow tends to wonder. Although on other apps it seems fine.. Maybe a problem with google maps on this rom. Tomorrow I'm going to try sygic navigation and see.

Guest e45cream

what's the highest res the v5 allows to records in?

Just recorded a video on the 'fine' option, and mxplayer tells me it's 1920x1088 (not 1080).

Guest tillaz

or can someone with root pull init.rc and upload it ?

using a root file manager it should be in the same place the system folder is, near the bottom

Guest kieranswhite

Just a sort of stab in a dark but would looking at a log cat and comparing it to another phone help with the gps problems?

Guest Rico_89

can someone upload there boot.img from there nandroid backup ?

I don't know if it matters but this Boot.img is from the first nandroid backup I made, when the phone was nearly stock if I remember correctly..Only had a few apps installed.

http://www.megafileu...0/boot-rar.html

Edited by Rico_89

Guest tillaz

I don't know if it matters but this Boot.img is from the first nandroid backup I made, when the phone was nearly stock if I remember correctly..Only had a few apps installed.

http://www.megafileu...0/boot-rar.html

or can someone with root pull init.rc and upload it ?

using a root file manager it should be in the same place the system folder is, near the bottom

thanks, any chance you could pull init.rc like mentioned above ? this is all i need now to deodex the ROM :)

post-913969-0-97057900-1371674358_thumb. post-913969-0-86798500-1371674361_thumb.

Guest tillaz

No problem. smile.pnginit.rar

cool. its deodexing now

here is the bootclasspath is anyone is interested (needed to deodex the v5 rom)

core.jar:core-junit.jar:bouncycastle.jar:ext.jar:framework.jar:telephony-common.jar:mms-common.jar:android.policy.jar:services.jar:apache-xml.jar:mediatek-common.jar:mediatek-framework.jar:mediatek-op.jar:secondary-framework.jar:CustomProperties.jar
[/code]

Guest tillaz

here is the stock launcher deodexed, will package the ROM and upload it tomorrow

http://www.solidfile...m/d/bc2cbc5b6c/

to add it to the system use this file manager, link once its moved to system/app tick the box and select install

(this is a force install method within the app, its also great for installing multiple apk without any prompts)

post-913969-0-37831700-1371679172_thumb.

Guest tillaz

also, people who suspect that there is a problem with Google maps could be right,

it might be related to the "com.google.android.maps.jar" included in the framework

will look into this... they might of used an older version witch does not work to well with 4.2.1

Guest fcsabika

Hi.

I will be buying the Vowney V5, but I would like to know something about the camera quality, so it would be very grateful, if someone could record some photos and videos taken with the phone and upload to dropbox (not youtube).

It would be very appreaciated, thanks!

Edited by fcsabika

Guest Rico_89

also, people who suspect that there is a problem with Google maps could be right,

it might be related to the "com.google.android.maps.jar" included in the framework

will look into this... they might of used an older version witch does not work to well with 4.2.1

I hope it's something like that and it can be fixed with out too much trouble. Also if it's possible could you have a look at the mic and see if it can be improved at all. If not no big deal. :) Anyway thanks for all your hard work it is really appreciated.

Hi.

I will be buying the Vowney V5, but I would like to know something about the camera quality, so it would be very grateful, if someone could record some photos and videos taken with the phone and upload to dropbox (not youtube).

It would be very appreaciated, thanks!

I can tell you one surprise about the Camera, it has smile detection. This means that when you turn on both Face and Smile detection, it automatically tracks and focuses on the persons face and when they smile the picture is taken without you having to do anything.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest fcsabika

I can tell you one surprise about the Camera, it has smile detection. This means that when you turn on both Face and Smile detection, it automatically tracks and focuses on the persons face and when they smile the picture is taken without you having to do anything.

Thank you for the info but I need pictures and video (in 1080p)

Guest tillaz

just been looking on the official vowney v5 website and it looks like there has been quite a few official ROM updates...

the latest from the 15th June 2013, only 5 days ago...

here is the link, it also has instructions on how to update

http://bbs.v5zn.com/...-16011-1-1.html

apparently fixes call quality

Improved content:

1, individuals appeared to solve the call echo, broken sound issue

2, optimizing call quality

3, optimizing other BUG

Guest shuete

Thank you for the info but I need pictures and video (in 1080p)

Hello

I've managed to do a mini review on it, but it's in portuguese, so i will share the links i left there,

http://www.dropbox.com/s/muaqa34j1ar1oj0/2013-04-01%2001.05.19.jpg no flash

http://www.dropbox.com/s/o4zph52yghzff3r/2013-06-14%2014.12.03.jpg flash

http://www.dropbox.com/s/7z5bzhn68ogwj2k/2013-06-14%2015.07.02.3gp i dunno if it can be recorded as MP4 720p (HD)

Guest shuete

just been looking on the official vowney v5 website and it looks like there has been quite a few official ROM updates...

the latest from the 15th June 2013, only 5 days ago...

here is the link, it also has instructions on how to update

http://bbs.v5zn.com/...-16011-1-1.html

apparently fixes call quality

Improved content:

1, individuals appeared to solve the call echo, broken sound issue

2, optimizing call quality

3, optimizing other BUG

I don't get it Why isn't this automatic?