Can't install ANY apps on Fish n' chips 6?

Guest Argonaut110

Guest Argonaut110

After flashing the correct Overclock Kernel, I went straight to install Fish n chips 6- making SURE it was OSFII. The ROM installed, and everything worked nicely. However, when I go to install any app, from the market or not, it goes straight to 'insufficent storage'. However, I have 224MB free due to my partition I used! (The rest of the phone's apps work too). In addition, the system doesn't give me the 'low storage' message that usually appears when you have little to no space free on your phone. Do you think the Kernel somehow 'corrupted' the partition? One suggestion is that the apps are trying to install to the reserved system space- an explanation on how it gives me the message straight away. Would a re-install work? I kindof want to stick to this ROM as it doesn't take up partiton space like CM7- please help!

Guest dodgetimmy

What partitions sizes did you choose and how did you make them?

Are you using an a2sd or similar script?

What apps have you tested?

Have you tried re downloading and installing the rom making sure you wipe cache, dalvik,data and sd ext?

Guest Argonaut110

I used the 'TFT Helper' app on the Stock ROM and picked the first choice- 'SF2-v1a.zip' I think, which is around 220MB free and 50MB system. I have only installed the ROM and no other scripts, and have tested even the smallest size apps (Mr Pigfish) to bigger ones such as Angry birds Star Wars.

I haven't tried redownloading the ROM, but I will do tommorrow and post back results. I do everything you say in this order: Wide Data, Wipe cache, Wipe dalvik cache, Fix battery stats, Fix permissions, reboot. Are you asking me to wipe the SD card aswell ('..and sd ext?')? And wouldn't this erase my partition and Clockwork Recovery mod?

Guest Argonaut110

I reinstalled the ROM again- however, this time it did not boot (froze on "ZTE Cresent" screen). A second install somehow managed to fix this- but still no apps working! I have CM7 also stored on my SD, so I tried that out too. However, when installing that, I get "Status/error (can't remember which) 0- Installation aborted". Something is obviously wrong with my phone here. If I was to go through iharrybo's Recovery method, would I have to delete my CWM folder on my SD and the System Partition zip? Also, the ROM you linked me to previously is just an image.bin- when I downloaded the stock Vivacity ROM, it was totally different. The Stock ROM sticky links are all dead, so where can I find one? Please reply!

Guest Argonaut110

Please? Anybody? dodgetimmy, actually respond to a thread MORE THAN ONCE because in not doing so your not even helping me at all. Really want my phone back!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dodgetimmy

Sorry for the delay I have been busy recently. Which rom are you trying to install here?

For the sake of getting it to work I'd stick to fish n chips.

You'll need to find out what your tpt is in case for whatever reason you don't have enough space.

The image.bin isn't a rom, it's a tpt. Take a look at my last post in the tpt threads on here. They have instructions on how to flash.

Finally if you haven't already, start a fresh by using cwm to partition your sd card using a swap of 0 and sd ext of at least 256.

And yes, it's crucial you do a factory reset before a rom install to make sure sd ext is also wiped.

Once you have partitioned again your sd will be blank so use the option in cwm to mount usb and transfer your rom zip over.

If you still are having a problem, 're download the rom and make sure the md5 sum matches that shown on the forum thread.

Guest Argonaut110

Sorry for the delay I have been busy recently. Which rom are you trying to install here?

For the sake of getting it to work I'd stick to fish n chips.

You'll need to find out what your tpt is in case for whatever reason you don't have enough space.

The image.bin isn't a rom, it's a tpt. Take a look at my last post in the tpt threads on here. They have instructions on how to flash.

Finally if you haven't already, start a fresh by using cwm to partition your sd card using a swap of 0 and sd ext of at least 256.

And yes, it's crucial you do a factory reset before a rom install to make sure sd ext is also wiped.

Once you have partitioned again your sd will be blank so use the option in cwm to mount usb and transfer your rom zip over.

If you still are having a problem, 're download the rom and make sure the md5 sum matches that shown on the forum thread.

Sorry to push you for time. I've actually solved this issue by choosing a different TPT-this will also be the solution for the ICS/JB problem. Thanks!