[ROM] CM 10.1 + Daily Driver Tweaks

Guest ShadeStorm98

Guest ShadeStorm98

Aight guys. Past couple days i've been messing around with CM10.1 (htcmania version since i couldn't flash josalaito's). Below is the instructions to get a CM installation that's wicked sick :P

1. First off, im guessing yall have got a custom recovery installed, your gonna have to use CWM, this one

2. Flash CM10.1 like a brutha. you can use rom manager for that, or just hold volume + and the power button

3. Get the sisco kernel for CM10.1 and flash it

4. put some Chinese baseband on it for hanging up calls to enemies ;) flash it (like all the rest so far)

At this point, you have CM10.1 and it's pretty sick already, but we'r missing some battery-ness and some lovely video codecs. lets get some of that ey?

5. install battery saver off the Google Play Store. I like that one, it's simple and i'm simple, we're good together :) but ramp it up to level 2 of battery saving

6. MX Player will sort out most of your video needs. it'll ask you to install this aswell.

Right, that's it. Couple of extra things you can do to make your phone extra happy :P :

I) get a defaults app, this does the job well. You'll need to scroll to the bottom and change Video and Video Streaming MX Player.

ii) move MX Player to the system folder. if your lazy like me and you do this a lot, you can download an app to do it for you like this one. this step isn't 100% necessary but i think it lets Facebook use MX Player instead of the stock video player.

DONE!

Credits... i dont know if i need to do this but why not.

Thanks to: HERRERO7, Eloimuns, asis_92, and all those guys that made the apps. And all the fine people of modaco and htcmania cause i'm a massive noob but you guys explain stuff well.

Hope it works well for you guys

Guest Phrank

Hmm. Weird. Wasn't working for me. I've just reverted to stock and reinstalled TWRP, I might give it another go later. I need to put the phone down some time today... ;-)

Guest legotub

Tried this out, seemed very similar to the other cyanogen I was on, only difference was boot animation. My signal didn't seem to work, even after flashing the baseband which was a bit wierd. I think I just want to go back to stock though, so Phrank, can I ask you how you reverted to stock? Did you use a backup from TWRP?

Guest Phrank

Tried this out, seemed very similar to the other cyanogen I was on, only difference was boot animation. My signal didn't seem to work, even after flashing the baseband which was a bit wierd. I think I just want to go back to stock though, so Phrank, can I ask you how you reverted to stock? Did you use a backup from TWRP?

I posted in the MIUI thread and replied to your PM, and I'm pleased you're all sorted :)

Guest ShadeStorm98

@KenBW2 Bluetooth works perfectly, like everything else on this setup (apart from the youtube app) EDIT: bluetooth doesnt work, but how often does one use bluetooth nowadays?

@joenefloresca if your sim still isn't working then there are a few ways you can get back to total stock. from my understanding you have to get the original update.zip and put it in a dload folder on your zip. But your probably have to get a complete guide if your lost with that. Phrank said it pretty well :

EDIT: Deleted my original comment about not having the stock ROM.

Download the G510 stock 4.1.1 ROM from here : http://www.ulozto.ne...r001c02b170-rar

From the RAR file, extract the folder called 1_SDCARD

Change the name of this folder to dload and copy it to the root directory of your SD card (not inside any other folders, that is)

Switch off your phone, pull the battery for 5 seconds.

Hold the VOLUME UP AND VOLUME DOWN button and push the POWER button. Hold them for a few seconds, and the Huawei upgrader will kick in. It takes about 5 minutes to reflash the stock ROM completely, make sure you have enough charge.

When you're done, reboot as normal and you're back to "out of the box" state, i.e. unrooted. Just follow the other guides here to root and install TWRP or CM recovery and then flash your favourite custom ROM as normal.

All sorted ;-)

Edited by ShadeStorm98

Guest totydm

Aight guys. Past couple days i've been messing around with CM10.1 (htcmania version since i couldn't flash josalaito's). Below is the instructions to get a CM installation that's wicked sick :P

1. First off, im guessing yall have got a custom recovery installed, your gonna have to use CWM, this one

2. Flash CM10.1 like a brutha. you can use rom manager for that, or just hold volume + and the power button

3. Get the sisco kernel for CM10.1 and flash it

4. put some Chinese baseband on it for hanging up calls to enemies ;) flash it (like all the rest so far)

At this point, you have CM10.1 and it's pretty sick already, but we'r missing some battery-ness and some lovely video codecs. lets get some of that ey?

5. install battery saver off the Google Play Store. I like that one, it's simple and i'm simple, we're good together :) but ramp it up to level 2 of battery saving

6. MX Player will sort out most of your video needs. it'll ask you to install this aswell.

Right, that's it. Couple of extra things you can do to make your phone extra happy :P :

I) get a defaults app, this does the job well. You'll need to scroll to the bottom and change Video and Video Streaming MX Player.

ii) move MX Player to the system folder. if your lazy like me and you do this a lot, you can download an app to do it for you like this one. this step isn't 100% necessary but i think it lets Facebook use MX Player instead of the stock video player.

DONE!

Credits... i dont know if i need to do this but why not.

Thanks to: HERRERO7, Eloimuns, asis_92, and all those guys that made the apps. And all the fine people of modaco and htcmania cause i'm a massive noob but you guys explain stuff well.

Hope it works well for you guys

Hi, thanks for the tutorial....i've only a question, yesterday i've flashed my recovery with the recovery.img you have posted, using fastboot (via linux e via windows) but the recovery won't start....i've an Y300 not a G510...is it a compatibility problem? Have u flashed your recovery via fastboot?

Guest ShadeStorm98

Yeah i flashed via fastboot, im not 100% sure recoveries for y300 and g510 are compatible, although i dont have a y300 to test.

Guest totydm

Yeah i flashed via fastboot, im not 100% sure recoveries for y300 and g510 are compatible, although i dont have a y300 to test.

Ok...another question if i can....I've read that after flashing the CM, the TWRp touch not work...in a situation like this, have I a possibilities to flash another rom? Sure not from the device...but via adb??? Anyone have ever pushed a rom in this device with adb?? and....a downgrade like this CM10.1->stock 4.1.1 is possible? is easy like to push a normal/same-version rom ?

Thanks in advance

Guest ZolaIII

Ok...another question if i can....I've read that after flashing the CM, the TWRp touch not work...in a situation like this, have I a possibilities to flash another rom? Sure not from the device...but via adb??? Anyone have ever pushed a rom in this device with adb?? and....a downgrade like this CM10.1->stock 4.1.1 is possible? is easy like to push a normal/same-version rom ?

Thanks in advance

Read the

Guest joenefloresca

@ShadeStorm98

Yeah, I managed to get back to my stock rom :) But is there any way to get my sim card working when I flashed Cyanogen Mod? I followed your tutorial but no luck.

Guest ShadeStorm98

@KenBW2 yep, i see your point :P

@joenfloresca if you've got the stock rom, then you go to this cm and flash the baseband-lewa.zip then your sim should work, it worked for me.

@totydm TWRP doesnt work with CyanogenMod, but i put a link to a CWM that works very well with our g510's

Guest Phrank

Guys, this is a version of TWRP which *does* work on the G510 with CyanogenMod installed. I zipped the recovery.img into the installer from somewhere else. Put your phone into Fastboot mode, run Install-Windows.bat and you're done. I installed this myself on my phone after the other version of TWRP stopped responding to screen presses after flashing CM.

One thing, this version saves backups in a different folder (LEWA/backups if I remember right and not TWRP/backups) but you can move your existing TWRP backups across manually and they do restore.

File on my dropbox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23252265/InstallTWRP-LeWa-G510.zip

Guest joenefloresca

@ShadeStorm98

Dude, It's now working. Thanks :) It worked without flashing lewa baseband. Bluetooth doesn't work, is that the only bug remaining?

Edited by joenefloresca

Guest KenBW2

@ShadeStorm98

Dude, It's now working. Thanks :) It worked without flashing lewa baseband. Bluetooth doesn't work, is that the only bug remaining?

I was thinking this, it seems like we have a damn near perfect CM10.1, with just Bluetooth remaining

Guest joenefloresca

@KenBW2

yeah. my sim card is now working without even flashing lewa baseband and sisco kernel. I guess, bluetooh is the only one remains and also, I want to ask

why is google accounts not installed? I'd try to add my gmail account but only email exchange and corporate account is available?

Guest KenBW2

Wifi is not working! How can I fix it? It has problem with authentication!

I gather it's a bit tempremental. Just disable then enable Wifi in Settings and it should connect

Guest lollolollo5

I gather it's a bit tempremental. Just disable then enable Wifi in Settings and it should connect

Oh Thanks... Yes I've done this, but it is not working anyway! I returned to Lewa rom! There is any zip to flash, in order to fix the problem? Edited by lollolollo5