• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Help! instagram error ?

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello guys I need some help .. we all know that instagram as updated and as a new feature that we able to make short videos.. so I was starting filming then i realized that my film was flashing .. I tried again but still the same problem .. I'm running the 20130619 update from cm 10.1 .. Someone have the same problem as me ? I need help :l

Posted

I have the same problem

Posted

Can someone help us ? :c

Posted (edited)

I think that is a CyanogenMod problem with Instagram like some months ago with Instagram's advanced camera

Edited by fraska

Posted

idk but I tried for example.. I was using Electra Rom by kyan .. and there's a HUGE but huge error xD the camera frozen and the app just shut off .. then I tried cm Rom and it has this flashing error ... I think we need to wait from a instagram update ... idk :l

Posted

Electra is based on an older version on CM, probably explaining your problem.

Posted

ohh I see kyan but i like a lot your ROM I'm waiting for the update hehe hmm but how about cm ? is there any problem or it's the app ?

Posted (edited)

The problem is still there. From the logcat I took, I take it it's a programming problem, which will probably be solved soon:

E/AndroidRuntime(28479): FATAL EXCEPTION: Thread-1451

E/AndroidRuntime(28479): java.lang.IllegalStateException

E/AndroidRuntime(28479): at android.media.MediaCodec.start(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime(28479): at com.instagram.android.video.fragment.VideoScrubberFragment$ScrubberRenderController.prepareCodec(VideoScrubberFragment.java:453)

E/AndroidRuntime(28479): at com.instagram.android.video.fragment.VideoScrubberFragment$ScrubberRenderController.prepareCodecSafe(VideoScrubberFragment.java:412)

E/AndroidRuntime(28479): at com.instagram.android.video.fragment.VideoScrubberFragment$ScrubberRenderController.preInit(VideoScrubberFragment.java:315)

E/AndroidRuntime(28479): at com.instagram.android.video.gl.GLRenderContext.run(GLRenderContext.java:209)

E/AndroidRuntime(28479): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)

EDIT: I think the problem I have is a bit different from you. I can actually record a video just fine, and it crashes when choosing the "cover frame" (which I think it is a thumbnail for the video). It never loads the video frames you can choose from. Anyways, the logcat is there if someone can shed some light on the matter :)

Edited by joandrade

Posted

I can actually record a video just fine, and it crashes when choosing the "cover frame" (which I think it is a thumbnail for the video)

Me too :(

Posted

Joandrade wich Rom are you using ?

Posted

Joandrade wich Rom are you using ?

I'm on CM10.1 (20130619)

Posted (edited)

I'm on CM10.1 (20130619)

If you haven't done it already, you should post the log to the CM10.1 thread so Dazzozo knows the problem, and then you will have more chance of a fix. :) Edited by george109

Posted (edited)

If you haven't done it already, you should post the log to the CM10.1 thread so Dazzozo knows the problem, and then you will have more chance of a fix. :)

I haven't done it because it's probably something wrong with the instagram app that will get fixed in time. But I'll give it a shot!

EDIT: It's probably better if I update first, could be something related to CM10.1 too :P

Edited by joandrade

Posted

I haven't done it because it's probably something wrong with the instagram app that will get fixed in time. But I'll give it a shot!

EDIT: It's probably better if I update first, could be something related to CM10.1 too :P

I have the same problem. Is it fixed? :/

Posted

I hav had this problem on CM10 since sometime like march - april. It had this problem.

I have been on CM10.1 and I have not had this problem. I have also stayed with Electra (A fork of CM10.1) ever since the release date, and it does not have this problem. It is only on CM10 for me - I have also had no camera issues

Posted

I have the same problem. Is it fixed? :/

I'm on the July 3rd nightly and it isn't fixed yet. It's also worth mentioning that my instagram is up to date (4.0.2, updated June 23rd).

I hav had this problem on CM10 since sometime like march - april. It had this problem.

I have been on CM10.1 and I have not had this problem. I have also stayed with Electra (A fork of CM10.1) ever since the release date, and it does not have this problem. It is only on CM10 for me - I have also had no camera issues

Can you actually record and upload a video on instagram?

I'd be willing to try Electra if it works.

Posted

Can you actually record and upload a video on instagram?

I'd be willing to try Electra if it works.

I'll try with Electra ROM and post here if it works! ;)

Posted

Already tested! Same bug with Electra. Must be an Instagram error. We'll have to wait <_<

Posted

Hey, now that instagram has been updated and now includes video recording on 4.0+ devices, I'd like to know if anyone has been successful recording a video. Try it out and if you have any results, report saying which ROM you're running.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

Hey, now that instagram has been updated and now includes video recording on 4.0+ devices, I'd like to know if anyone has been successful recording a video. Try it out and if you have any results, report saying which ROM you're running.

Cheers

Already tried it and it doesn't work on any rom with android 4.1 or 4.2 :/ only works with the ICS roms. I tried with Slim Rom and CM9 and it works. With PAC 4.2 and CM 10.1 and 10 it FC when choosing the video cover. I guess we'll have to wait.

Edited by diogo_rs_oliveira