Telus - can not receive MMS pictures

Guest ChicoQuente

Guest ChicoQuente

Hello,

I am having issues with my Telus HTC One. I have been using it for a week and am able to send MMS pictures without issue, however I am unable to receive pictures. I am new to Android so maybe I am missing a setting. I am using Chomp SMS and have disabled all notifications and "auto receive" in the stock SMS app and have turned those settings on in ChompSMS.

However when I am sent a picture it just shows a message "Multimedia Message. Message size: xxxKb" and a button to download. When I click the button a little wheel shows up and spins for a bit but then disappears and never displays the image. I have no idea why. Even if I switch over to the stock app it shows the same thing and responds the same way.

What can I do to fix this? I am beyond annoyed at this point. If it matters, I bought my HTC One new from Telus, locked to them and purchased an unlock code online. I have also rooted the phone but am running the stock software. I looked in the "Access Point Names" and the settings match when I found on the Telus website.

Here is an image of what it looks like:

wMDDhpq.jpg

Edited by ChicoQuente

Guest ChicoQuente

I found the solution. the problem was caused by ad block plus. I removed that app and now it works again. thanks for your input