Skype Y300

Guest Skeese

Guest Skeese

Device info - stock rom

Anyone else having issues with video calling on Skype with the Y300, the screen just stayed black on mine?...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest spark9990

hi

just figured it out...

what i had to do it do a normal voice only call until we both can hear each other, then one of us switch video on. once i can see the user i switch my video on.

that process seems to work with data only.

with wifi everything can be switched on all together and it works.

Guest ZolaIII

You know that this is not really the Skype problem bat the fact that the 3g network operate on tight frequency ranges for multiple streams to operate at the same time!

Tray to play two YouTube videos at the same time & results will be the same no matter what you use as background platform to do it (phone, tablet or PC) !

Skype is finally shaping to be useful with last updates! So long live the competition!

Keeping this in mind you may tray ooVoo, it whose built on Qualcomms development board! Those two are old rivals!

For those that are willing to try something new & cool there's the Linphone it's open source based, can be fine tuned manually (supporting most of codecs up to date) & having the in built encryption options that's be the way is not supposed bi Skype or ooVoo. In the times of NSA sniffing around this should be the nice way to protect you're privacy & all of that for free!

Edited by ZolaIII