• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

VegaBean concerns: App space, app crash

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a variant of the vega at hand, and I flashed it with VegaBean Beta 6, as it was said to be stable.

It used to be on VegaComb, and no stuff works on it until I upgraded it.

Here are my problems:

1. When I install the Facebook app, it hangs all the time.

2. Higher levels of Candy Crush Saga also glitches the graphics. Does not happen with games like Angry Birds.

3. There are times the pad does not respond in a timely manner, particularly the touchpad.

4. With apps being installed, some install directly to internal memory. I want them to install to the SD card instead, where it has 8 gigs to play around with.

DO note:

1. This is my first time to play around with an android device, devil may care. (meaning if I break it, no biggie)

2. While I am an android n00b, I've been playing around with PCs for quite some time. I can flash devices, have done so with an ipad and even a video card.

3. Based on the benchmarks I've ran on the advent vega, it looks like the Tegra chip needs to catch up with the newer devices in terms of performance and speed.

I expect civil and extremely helpful replies, if there will be.

Posted

UPDATE:

I redid the sdcard partition, things are somewhat better.

However, Facebook is slow still, but not outright useless.

Candy Crush Saga still has problems.

Posted

Even more updates:

Candy Crush Saga pushed an update, and the hang problem disappeared, was able to play normally.

Now the focus of the problem is the browsers, which caused lockups or even a reboot. Firefox and Chrome are most notorious for this.

Facebook also tends to lock up, resulting in a forced termination.