Please help, Might be bricked

Guest EricGrain

Guest EricGrain

Before I start, I actually have the Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL.... not a P1... I am posting here because I simply cannot find a forum for this phone. I have read people who have this similar issue though... So I was hoping for ANY advice.

So to put things straight, the phone was running Stock 4.0 just fine, and I went ahead trying to root it. It was going well but I accidentally hit something in the recovery which I couldn't read the language of (The method I was following was this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2037582 )

Now, the phone seems bricked... It is stuck on the Huawei Ascend boot screen (no animation) it has been stuck here for a few hours. Holding the power button down turns it off, but the phone powers itself back on immediately after, and attempting to go into recovery simply does not work. I also am unable to remove the battery until I find a new screwdriver... I am currently waiting for the phone to die in hopes it can boot to recovery... but does anyone have any tips? Thanks.

Guest urmet77

hold the power off button 10sec then when it shuts down hold the volume up and power down until u can see the huawei logo then let go the power button and hold the up button until u see the recovery this is how it is on p1 i think its should be the same on d1 btw i recovery just full wipe factory reset this should help if not thers a nother way its the force install new rom via sdcard

Guest EricGrain

hold the power off button 10sec then when it shuts down hold the volume up and power down until u can see the huawei logo then let go the power button and hold the up button until u see the recovery this is how it is on p1 i think its should be the same on d1 btw i recovery just full wipe factory reset this should help if not thers a nother way its the force install new rom via sdcard

So the phone was completely dead, plugged it in for a little bit, and it still won't stop trying to boot itself.

I tried what you said and shut the phone off with the 10 second power button, and then got right on the volume up, and I really had no time to hit the power button myself as the phone was already trying on it's own. (I still held it for a second anyways) No luck though. I held it for a couple seconds and it just stayed in the HUAWEI Logo.

Anything else? :S Am I able to do a full reset without the bootloader or recovery? (At this point I just want to boot the phone, and all my info is backed up so ANY method is fine)

Sorry about all the edits, but I forgot to mention that every now and then the phone will get recognized by my computer. Not always but sometimes the computer catches it... if this helps

Edited by EricGrain

• 2 weeks later...
Guest elperroderoke

The phone has to be disconected from the PC.

Hold the power button for 10 seconds to make sure the phone is really off.

Once the phone is disconected and off, press power button and vol+ at the same time, once the phone is on unhold power but continue holding vol+ until you get in recovery mode.

Or, once the phone is diconected an off, press the vol+ button and keep it holding when you plugg the phone at the same time.

Hope it works.

Guest urmet77

If that won't work u just might erased recovery partition or did something with destination path/letter then ur pc has to have adb driver and u have to flash your phones stock recovery on to the phone

• 10 months later...
Guest josephanand16

hi,

i am unable to bring my phone to recovery.

when i hold vol+ and vol- and power button.

the huawei logo shows up and there a flash of light turns off.

and again the logo shows up.

this process goes on and on.

please help.