late to the party?

Guest StickyGeko

Guest StickyGeko

I'm due an upgrade now...have 2weeks left on my 3 contract... I'm happy with 3 had a pretty uneventful 2years with them and get great speeds on my nexus4 of about 15-19meg, I don't get any sign at my new place of work....to be honest no1 really gets signal due to the building construction.... 3 have offered me a free home signal box to counter this, so I'm more than happy to stay, my next headache is what phone to get... I've kinda settled on the HTC one, the s4 is too wide as I like to use my phone one handed most of the time....also seen the s4 lag loads....my n4 is too wide...the one fits my hand far better, I have a massive reservation.... The ones been out for a while now...should I upgrade straight away, or wait? Do HTC have something new round the corner? I know there's always something new so you can end up waiting indefinitely, but I've seen the butterfly S is around the corner... Is there a one S peeping its head round there too? Just dont want to get a one only for a month later for a new 1 to come out.... BTW I'm set if I get one to get the black...not bothered about it attracting finger prints as I'll have a case on it...I've seen a few silver ones where the white has slightly got mucky...and kinda of gone yellowish....

Guest Arival

I upgraded to the One despite having an N4; it's not the same sort of upgrade I found when I moved from my s2 to the n4 but it's a much better experience imo.

Battery life is much improved, the screen is miles better, the camera is in a whole new league and it feels far more ergonomic and higher quality. Also I've dropped my One from 5ft onto concrete and it's not got a scratch.

It's not any faster, as the n4 is as fast as it gets imo, and multi tasking isn't as good - nothing beats opening an app you haven't touched in a week on the n4 for it to pick up where you left it - but it's quality.

I'm with three and while they worry me with os updates it's nice and fast. There's meant to be a 'htc one max' coming soon with a giant screen, but how soon only htc know and whether that's better for you depends on how much screen you need! I'm guessing if the nexus is too wide you'd prefer a smaller handset.

Guest StickyGeko

Hi Arival thanks for your input...updates dont bother me too much....that said when key lime comes out I might be frustrated Lol....Been playing with the one today, Defo fits my hand better, camera is no worse than my n4! I kinda like sense5 too... Like I say I'm happy with 3....but gutted they don't do it in black

Guest masterpfa

With the new update to 4.2.2the HTC One seems just that much a better phone now.

Personally I would wait lol

I just feel 2nd half of the year a new phone or two might drop our way. (But that's the N4 owner in me knowing nothing but the nexus 5 will do for me) :D

Edited by masterpfa

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jackos2500

I'm due an upgrade now...have 2weeks left on my 3 contract... I'm happy with 3 had a pretty uneventful 2years with them and get great speeds on my nexus4 of about 15-19meg, I don't get any sign at my new place of work....to be honest no1 really gets signal due to the building construction.... 3 have offered me a free home signal box to counter this, so I'm more than happy to stay, my next headache is what phone to get... I've kinda settled on the HTC one, the s4 is too wide as I like to use my phone one handed most of the time....also seen the s4 lag loads....my n4 is too wide...the one fits my hand far better, I have a massive reservation.... The ones been out for a while now...should I upgrade straight away, or wait? Do HTC have something new round the corner? I know there's always something new so you can end up waiting indefinitely, but I've seen the butterfly S is around the corner... Is there a one S peeping its head round there too? Just dont want to get a one only for a month later for a new 1 to come out.... BTW I'm set if I get one to get the black...not bothered about it attracting finger prints as I'll have a case on it...I've seen a few silver ones where the white has slightly got mucky...and kinda of gone yellowish....

Well in my opinion, the One is the best phone available right now. But, there are some rumours of a refresh before the end of this year, so it's probably best to wait.

Guest DistortedLoop

Well in my opinion, the One is the best phone available right now. But, there are some rumours of a refresh before the end of this year, so it's probably best to wait.

There's always a "better" Android device/phone just around the corner.

The Moto X in a few weeks. The Galaxy Note 3 in a month or two. The HTC One with a 5" screen, Butterfly 2 soon. The Nexus 5 in a few months.

If you're always waiting for the next best phone, you'll never buy a new one, or you'll end up waiting to see what next month's hot announcement is, and then end up getting the HTC One or whatever else you put off, only a month later.