Leaving community.

Guest krishang3

Guest krishang3

Hey guys, just purchased a new phone, I thought I'd share my farewell with you as this community is huge and it's impacted my career allot in the development criteria, I know I haven't provided this community with much of my work, just a few roms, I will be checking here and there regularly, we have some great developers here, keep it up guys!

Cheers

Proud owner of a new HTC Desire X and moving to the XDA community once again.

Guest krishang3
Thanks for all the Krish, we appreciate it. Good luck dude :)

No problemo :P it seems that the desire x is off on a good start with development.

Guest kyan31

No problemo :P it seems that the desire x is off on a good start with development.

Ah, that's good then. Development is always good I guess :P

Guest TangerineTractor

Y300 on its way today, so I'll be less frequent on here - wife will be having my g300, so will still pay the occasional visit, and still be residing on Modaco.

Guest yaqh

Y300 on its way today, so I'll be less frequent on here - wife will be having my g300, so will still pay the occasional visit, and still be residing on Modaco.

can i ask why you went fot y300 ovrr the china phones.the downside on y300 is it only has 512mb.

Guest Frankish

can i ask why you went fot y300 ovrr the china phones.the downside on y300 is it only has 512mb.

Easy answer. £60. That is all.

Guest krishang3
Bye, Krishang!

Oh, Kris hangs on XDA from now on :)

haha yhp, I left mainly because my ascend started playing up mainly the menu button, it occasionally stopped functioning and the led light would not light up so I'm like, time to buy a new phone, haha.

I see more people are moving on, best of luck!

Guest TangerineTractor

Easy answer. £60. That is all.

Yep. Its faster than the g, and once rooted runs everything I need. My wife wanted a new phone so I gave her the g. To be totally honest, the y is better, but not significantly so that it is worth buying one of you haven't got another use for the g. That's if your g is trouble free and running fast (mine was)

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest KingConrad

Thanks for the work and input with others. Not a big poster but I visit a lot and use the ROMS.

Maybe I will see your work on future phones I get.

Good luck.

• 1 year later...
Guest dakok

Bye, drama!

I was off the Modaco for some time, but now I'm back with Coolpad F1 - a very popular phone in "others" section...

You won't get rid of me easily :D

Guest kyan31

Bye, drama!

I was off the Modaco for some time, but now I'm back with Coolpad F1 - a very popular phone in "others" section...

You won't get rid of me easily :D

awesome, its great to still have some of the community still around :)

Guest pOcHa

sorry to be so blunt, but why did most of you upgrade to such shitty phones, as they are hardly even better than the g300 - did you miss all the lagging and force closings?

at least get a cheap (but powerful) chinese phone like dakok, or an old high end (but cheap now) device like drama...

i myself got a LG L70, which is pretty cheap with a contract (plus gets warranty), but has hardware that should have cost much more - and is currently a best buy (not counting the Moto G as I simply hate onscreen buttons), like g300 was when it just came out, only more future proof (quad and octa core phones are better for multitasking, but no single game is lagging on L70)

it doesn't have a mediatek chipset, but there is no active development yet as the bootloader is still locked - although it comes with KitKat already (and should receive the next android version as well), so all it really needed was a root to remove the vendor stuff (which is one-click at that, and i honestly don't miss all the tinkering g300 required, it is very refreshing to just have everything working smoothly out of the box)

the only downside is the lack of any notification led, not even the buttons light up - don't know yet if its missing the required hardware, or if it's simply software disabled to distance it from the more expensive models (they have a blinking home button)

Guest dalyer

What shitty phones are you referring to?

Seems to me that quite a few people (including myself) switched to the Coolpad F1.

Others may have gone for something else before that was available?