GPS Lock Issue. Try This.

Guest Rico_89

Guest ChrisPNE

Is there any special settings to do in any of the menu for this app, downloaded and tried a maps few times and worked fine locked in about 20secs, left for an hour and lost the gps......

I didn't do anything special, just set the screen to stay on in GPS Status.

I just tried Google Maps walking from the car to the office and I was locked to 11 satellites in less than 10 seconds.

Guest ChrisPNE

Is there any special settings to do in any of the menu for this app, downloaded and tried a maps few times and worked fine locked in about 20secs, left for an hour and lost the gps......

I just tried Google Maps walking from the car to the office and I was locked to 11 satellites in less than 10 seconds.

Guest ChrisPNE

Guest bryfly

got it the first time Chris......lol

Anyway screen on all time in GPS status, left it in the garden for 30 mins with gps status switched on, it found 12 sats but did not lock onto one of them.....

nightmare why some work and others do not

Guest ChrisPNE

Guest bryfly

Got GPS working, but time to own up, had a senior moment forgot to switch data on, so in the garden was getting intermittent Wi-Fi, giving me intermittent GPS.

GPS works to a point, not near as good as the Huawei as I have to go outside to see any sat’s, where the Huawei locks on to several sats within seconds even indoors, which the V5 will not do.

Used “GPS status” and now using “GPS Monitor” (recommended by sandriderman) works similar to GPS status, but it is handy to see the sat’s in the notification bar so you can see how many satellites you are connected too.

In Google maps the Blue indicator arrow is still very erratic but at least it is now working after a fashion….

Edited by bryfly

Guest Rico_89

Got GPS working, but time to own up, had a senior moment forgot to switch data on, so in the garden was getting intermittent Wi-Fi, giving me intermittent GPS.

GPS works to a point, not near as good as the Huawei as I have to go outside to see any sat’s, where the Huawei locks on to several sats within seconds even indoors, which the V5 will not do.

Used “GPS status” and now using “GPS Monitor” (recommended by sandriderman) works similar to GPS status, but it is handy to see the sat’s in the notification bar so you can see how many satellites you are connected too.

In Google maps the Blue indicator arrow is still very erratic but at least it is now working after a fashion….

My Huawei won't lock onto anything in doors... lol.

Guest aliaird

It's not the connection that bothers me, I can get that eventually, its the inaccuracy when on the move that makes it next to useless. It's fine on a motorway at 70mph, but then when you get to the town, and you actually need it to be accurate, it thinks you've jumped to a parallel street and tries to re-route you.

It seems worst in Google Navigation, but it still happens to me in Copilot and Sygic.

Guest dakok

Hi guys, since you bought yourselves such a buggy phone :P

I feel a sudden urge to help you with an advice:

To get a correct GPS config file - all you have to do is to install Pimp My Rom from Google Play.

Then find Gps Configuration option and apply it for your Country.

You can remove PimpMyRom later.

Guest kieranswhite

I feel a sudden urge to help you with an advice:

To get a correct GPS config file - all you have to do is to install Pimp My Rom from Google Play.

Then find Gps Configuration option and apply it for your Country.

You can remove PimpMyRom later.

We have already tried GPS config a number of times. I'm not worried as GPS works over data for me and i use data every day :P

Guest blaster99999

Tillaz will give the GPS network update a try, can you do use a favour I used one on your update mods which made about 5 changed , included the crt , full rotation ect , well the update worked but the full rotation mod is very annoying , all it does is allow rotation on lock screen , which means every time you get the phone out of your pocket the screen is rotating about and your waiting to slide to unlock, can you do a flash to remove the lock screen rotation mod.

Guest Rico_89

Had more issues with my G300. GPS will lock but needs a bit of a jump start, although some find it very difficult and network issues seem to be region and network specific.

At Tillaz will give that ago sometime tomorrow... Thanks

Guest blaster99999

Added gps and network patch , Used GPS test and got lock in 20 seconds with 12 feet accurate, not noticed any network improvement , what changes to network have you made

Edited by blaster99999

Guest kieranswhite

Added gps and network patch , Used GPS test and got lock in 20 seconds with 12 feet accurate, not noticed any network improvement , what changes to network have you made

changes to the build prop it seems, i havent checked yet what he has changed

Guest banshee79

- GPS - .zip changes two parameters in build.prop:

gps.solution.combo.chip=1 -> 0

ril.external.md=0 -> 1

It seems they are quite important :) The GPS locks for a few seconds now after the update :)

Edited by banshee79

Guest bryfly

- GPS - .zip changes two parameters in build.prop:

gps.solution.combo.chip=1 -> 0

ril.external.md=0 -> 1

It seems they are quite important :) The GPS locks for a few seconds now after the update :)

Modified the build props as per above, now seems easier to get lock indoors and see's another 3 sats to normal, not sure what else it might have done will have to monitor it

To check I downloaded a iocean x7 rom, which is the same mtk chipset and they have their build prop set the same as the original Vowney settings. they also have other GPS settings that are not in the vowney build props. So not sure what to make of it really

Guest bryfly

Modified the build props as per above, now seems easier to get lock indoors and see's another 3 sats to normal, not sure what else it might have done will have to monitor it

To check I downloaded a iocean x7 rom, which is the same mtk chipset and they have their build prop set the same as the original Vowney settings. they also have other GPS settings that are not in the vowney build props. So not sure what to make of it really

Changed the settings in build props back to original as could not get GPS this morning.............

Guest Rico_89

Flashed Tillaz's build prop file and also flashed his advanced European gps.conf file and I get lock really fast. The only issue now is the wondering of the blue arrow.

I haven't tried Sygic yet as I'm waiting for a new Microsd card.

Edit: just tried again and found it very difficult to get lock .. gonna try my other gps.conf file and see.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest romasis

I tried a lot different ways to make GPS work better and faster. Nobody mentioned, but I felt much much faster first lock then I make agps reset I engineering mode "GPS Reset w/o SI_REQ". Can it be helpful making better GPS.conf

post-864680-0-34947000-1374058681_thumb.

Edited by romasis

Guest bryfly

Compared the build props for the phones below, as you can see the iocean x7 has more gps mention more in its build props, could this be the problem or is that to simplistic.

Iocean x7 build props Vowney V5 build props

gps.solution.combo.chip=1 gps.solution.combo.chip=1

ro.default.gps.switch=null

ro.ril.def.agps.mode=2

ro.ril.def.agps.feature=1

Guest george109

For everyone with GPS problems, if you download and launch GPS test, and then go to the compass view with the satellites on it, does the compass always point north, no matter which direction you are facing in?