Emotion UI 1.5 with JellyBean 4.1 Beta Available

Guest Brianrh

Not sure what's involved in applying this update to my phone.

As I am a Linux user my son who is more confident/compotent than me, rooted my P1 using his Windows 7 PC, so I could use my apps that need superuser access. He looked at this official beta release and isn't sure whether my phone needs to be unrooted before the beta could be installed? He envisaged a lot of work and wasn't that keen to continue.

I see Phoenix 10498 mentioned the pacman rom and I was wondering about that. I've read a couple of threads on xda-developers forum for Cyanogenmod based roms for the P1 but I am not sure how good these are? Also there is the fear of bricking a new surprisingly good already mobile. Also not sure these days, with interest waning in the P1 on xda forums, where to download the the pacman rom from.

Any thoughts, advice, encouragement, don't do it stories, would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Brian

Guest urmet77

Had that emui 1.5 b315 2 months ago its rubish battery life is bad dolby sounds bad only thing wich is better than on 4.0.3 is camera and the pacman is not good port for p1 u can try it urself

Guest Brianrh

I''ve taken your advice and left the beta version alone. I have installed the pacman rom from xda-developers and so fsr I have found this to work well. However I like some of the featues of the emotion ui and unfortunately development work on the pacman rom seems to have stopped, so I will wait for the official version of 4.2.2 to come out. Thanks for the help.

Guest Brianrh

If you wanna try Emui 1.5 and some 1.6 looks, you can try this ROM.

http://www.htcmania....ad.php?t=638685

The package you need to flash from recovery CWM o TRWP is this

Descarga:

U9200_EmotionUI_1.6_R1_ATX_MODv2.zip

https://mega.co.nz/#....4zAKKDiGwHJoV0

Regards.

Thanks for that. I'm on holiday at the moment with just my tablet and poor wifi so I will have to wait until I get home again.Brian