• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Sege xyz-x1

20 posts in this topic

Posted

there is advertising about this phone here at modaco and i'd like to know what u guys think about this.. :D

http://www.funbookes...ive-colors.html

Wow, this is nice, and its also good looking phone.

Posted

The specs are pretty standard for a Chinese phone. The price seems good, too.

The stock photos all have the screen badly photoshopped on, though. I'd be a bit worried about that.

Posted

thx mate. then what phone should I be looking for??

Im currently looking for €200 (£172) tops but cheaper would be better.. :D

Also must have good android development comunity..

Posted

thx mate. then what phone should I be looking for??

Im currently looking for €200 (£172) tops but cheaper would be better.. :D

Also must have good android development comunity..

You may as well forget about Chinese MediaTek devices, then. The best you'll get with those are modded stock ROMs, if that.

Galaxy Nexus, maybe? Not sure what else you could get new for 200€.

Posted

thx.. :)

Posted

Regarding mtk6589. It's true it's almost impossible to get cm, aospa, and all similar custom ROMs to run since "thanks to" dual sim support there are vast changes made across the whole framework that are related to dual sim. Even if we had a source code from mediatek it would still be a huge project to merge it into cm or other custom ROMs.

On the other side, I'm actively developing an xposed module for mtk6589 which has bunch of nice features and tweaks already.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2316070

Posted

will that work in any mtk6589? im thinking about buying a thl w100.. in my country we have lots of taxes with products from china but I can buy easily this one..

Posted

Yes. GravityBox has been reported to work fine on w100.

Posted

Yes. GravityBox has been reported to work fine on w100.

nice :D

Posted (edited)

Hi !

I just wanted to say something about mtk6589 devices, the Acer Liquid E2 is one of them and its really famous in france, belgium, spain... Released in may.

Acer have publish the full kernel source code on their website : http://www.acer.co.u...ntent/drivers (document tab)

If it would help to get CM or MIUI (there have been some ports but there is a lot of issues...).

Edited by vickdu31

Posted

Kernel source is not enough. Android framework source code modified by mediatek is more important to have. Dual sim support is spread all over the system with millions of dependencies everywhere which makes it too complicated.

Posted

This looks interesting but what the real quality of this phone when it's said to be the cheapest.

Only 170€ for a dual sim with 4.5" HD screen with quad core @ 1.2Ghz.?!?

Posted

This looks interesting but what the real quality of this phone when it's said to be the cheapest.

Keep in mind, 'quad core' doesn't mean much here. It's only 1.2GHz and the cores are Cortex-A7, not A9.

Still, it is pretty cheap.

Posted (edited)

Thl w100 in my opinion its very good and cheaper than that one. Specs are the same

Edited by warimation

Posted

Keep in mind, 'quad core' doesn't mean much here. It's only 1.2GHz and the cores are Cortex-A7, not A9.

Still, it is pretty cheap.

Core by core, A9 is better, but 4 cores is better than 2 :)

$140 with coupon, which is 106 EUR, not 170!

Posted

Thl w100 in my opinion its very good and cheaper than that one. Specs are the same

Resolution of screen and camera aren't the same.

Posted

Resolution of screen and camera aren't the same.

you are right.. ^^