Sign in to follow this  
Argonaut110

No actual Root guide?

Argonaut110    1

Seeing some of my favourite apps being incompatible for The Cresent, I decided to find out a way around it. The way is to edit the boot.prop through ES File Explorer- however, this requires root access. All the forum posts I've seen seem to point towards 'unlocking' your phone. I followed one of these (Bouncer5's), right to the very end, and it worked. Booted up Fish N' chips, went to ES File Explorer, edited the build.prop, exit- wait, it won't save! I make a copy, edit it, save it, then try and replace the system one. "process denied"! So the device isn't rooted. But the guide said it would..Do I have to go somewhere once the process is done so it will be rooted? Idk- clueless after all the sucess with flashing ROMs.

OuahOuah    7

Did you succeed installing Fish'n'chips ? So your phone is rooted.

Try another file explorer...

dodgetimmy    15

You need to use es file explorer's option: root explorer.

Then you need to mount the current location you want to edit first. (Mount as r/w (read/write) ) then you will be able to edit the file.

Btw I'm pretty sure what you're trying to achieve can be done by using a different market like aptoide that doesn't check compatibility

Argonaut110    1

Did you succeed installing Fish'n'chips ? So your phone is rooted.

Try another file explorer...

Ahhhhh right. Fish and Chips does work, so I guess my phone is rooted :D The Mount feature wasn't well documented in ES File explorer, but oh well- atleast it chops all that unlocking process out. Thanks!