zlod

anyone tried the 'encrypt phone' option?

zlod    0

has anyone tried the encrypt phone option?

i was wondering if it slows down the phone when booting up (and presumably decrypting) or if there are any change with the phone's performance?

also - what's the best way of doing a full backup of the phone, apps, rom etc so things can be properly restored if it does slow things?

thanks

george109    604

It *might* slow the phone down, as it has to encrypt and decrypt on the fly. But make a backup and try it, and if you don't like it, you can simply restore the nandroid backup!

zlod    0

I tried to set it but having problems with Stock+ as it just keeps rebooting and asking for pin and doesn't seem to encrypt anything ... oh well! Might try again with a different rom

george109    604
I tried to set it but having problems with Stock+ as it just keeps rebooting and asking for pin and doesn't seem to encrypt anything ... oh well! Might try again with a different rom
Some ROMs are not too good with encryption. I would try CM7 and see if that works :)