MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help needed on es file explorer

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I want to access my network at home and outside so I installed es file explorer v3.0.4. I remember having issues with a previous version but after googling I managed to set up my laptop and hard drive as visible from the osd.
The new version seems very limited ; it says "use add new server" but I can't find that option.
Can anyone help, or point me in the right direction?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hopefully your laptop and hard drive directories are still set to visible in w7, OSX etc. For guide to enabling folder sharing in windows7 look below for [color=#0000ff][b]blue text[/b][/color]

Open ES File Explorer then hit the menu button on your phone (or the Globe/Phone icon in top left). Now click [b]Network[/b], then [b]LAN [/b]which will open the LAN window[color=#000000][b]***[/b][/color].
On the bottom bar hit [b]New[/b], then type in something like;

[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img32/277/nt8s.jpg[/img]

Figures will vary depending on the IP address range of your router. If you haven't changed it I think the default range is 192.168.1.100
I have only enabled access to my Videos directory on my D: Media drive, so is set to 192.168.1.100/Videos

I only have read access to my Videos folder so I set it to anonymous, but you could easily have a username and password if you granted write/read permission to the directory.

[b]***[/b]You can change which windows appear when you start up by pressing phone menu button, [b]Settings[/b], then under Tools Settings click [b]Window Settings[/b] and then[b] Set the Default Windows[/b]. Now just tick all the windows you want to appear, press OK and now you can swipe between them.

[b][color=#0000cd]Windows 7 Folder Sharing Short Guide[/color][/b]

[color=#000000]In Windows 7 navigate to a folder you want to access via ES FIle Explorer, right click and select [b]Share with...[/b], then [b]Specific people...[/b][/color]
[color=#000000]Now press the drop down box, and select[/color][b] Everyone[/b][color=#000000], then click the [/color][b]Add[/b][color=#000000] button. The default permission is read only, you may want to leave it at that unless you want "everyone" having Write/read permissions.[/color]
[color=#000000]OK so click the[b] Share[/b] button (may take few minutes).[/color]

[color=#000000]Now you will be able to acess the folder via [/color][color=#000000]ES FIle Explorer[/color]

[color=#000000].[/color] Edited by DaveSimonH

Posted · Report post

I tried enabling the windows folder sharing, then scanning the LAN option.
It only comes up with 192.168.0.1, which is my router address; it doesn't see the shared folder(s), which I just enabled 'sharing with everyone'.

Any further ideas?
This is really frustrating because I know I had it working previously (I seem to remember having to supply my windows user / password, but maybe because I wasn't 'anonomous')

Couple of things you could try.

1.First you could re-do the folder sharing process (on your laptop).
2.If that doesn't fix it you could try accessing your router by typing the IP address into a browser window, and look under DHCP Server Setting (on default page that loads if you are using a Linksys router, under LAN Settings on a Belkin router). Is it enabled? What is the start IP address, mine is 192.168.8.100 which is the server I'm connecting to via ES File Explorer.

. Edited by DaveSimonH

Posted · Report post

I should have added that my laptop is set up with a static ip address. Could this make a difference?

Posted · Report post

Try running cmd.exe, then typing in;
[b]ipconfig /all[/b]

Under, "Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:", what is the "IPv4 Address"?
Try that ip address.

I tried that; the IPv4 address was 192.168.0.7 (the static address as set by me).
I then tried to connect to 192.168.0.7 in the 'LAN' section, entering no username and password and checking the 'anonomous' box.
I got "error cannot find the server"
Also tried smb://192.168.0.7 which didn't work.

If I were to enter a username and password, what would that be ? My windows username and password? Edited by Roger Barnett

I've made it work, by turning off windows firewall i can see my laptop :D
But this is obviously not ideal. Any ideas on how to make it work whilst the firewall is still on? Edited by Roger Barnett

You could maybe try adding an IP address exception to the windows firewall, adding your phones ip address or the range of ip addresses that your router uses (shortcut you may find useful - [b]wf.msc[/b]).
The firewall blocking it didn't occur to me, the windows firewall doesn't block ES File Explorer connecting to my w7 laptop. Edited by DaveSimonH