Default keyboard doesn't stick and widgets vanish after reboot

Guest thegrantonstarcause

Hi everyone,

Just picked the Y300 up today. Haven't rooted as of yet so system is stock. Installed SD card and activated it through the settings so I could move apps to SD. Then I installed nova launcher and a collection of apps. The default launcher setting for nova sticks and it remains my launcher after a reboot. However, Swiftkey does not and survives only until a reboot. Even after setting swiftkey as default and it appearing as the default keyboard (prior to reboot), if I look up the swiftkey app settings the clear defaults button is greyed out. Likewise, any widget I add vaniches from the homescreen after a reboot. I've tried setting the internal memory for apps and re-installing switftkey and a few other apps to test the widget and it made no difference. I thought this might be a nova issue but all other nova settings stick.

Am new here so any help would be appreciated on this frustrating problem. Otherwise, the phone is very nice, a good balance of performance for price.

Guest TangerineTractor
Hi everyone,

Just picked the Y300 up today. Haven't rooted as of yet so system is stock. Installed SD card and activated it through the settings so I could move apps to SD. Then I installed nova launcher and a collection of apps. The default launcher setting for nova sticks and it remains my launcher after a reboot. However, Swiftkey does not and survives only until a reboot. Even after setting swiftkey as default and it appearing as the default keyboard (prior to reboot), if I look up the swiftkey app settings the clear defaults button is greyed out. Likewise, any widget I add vaniches from the homescreen after a reboot. I've tried setting the internal memory for apps and re-installing switftkey and a few other apps to test the widget and it made no difference. I thought this might be a nova issue but all other nova settings stick.

Am new here so any help would be appreciated on this frustrating problem. Otherwise, the phone is very nice, a good balance of performance for price.

Keyboard not sticking on reboot is a known 4.1.1 issue. Best resolution is to use some app to back it up, then uninstall it and then restore it from the backup. I did that with Swype and now it's fine... I use Rom toolbox pro for all my app and system management, including backup and restore.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try once I've rooted my phone.

Have googled the vanishing widgets, seems to also be a possible 4.1 issue especially if the widget relies on skins/themes from the SD card. If anyone does have any success then let me know.

Guest TangerineTractor

Just tried the same thing with light flow, and now accessibility sticks on after a reboot... so maybe try with the widgets, backup, uninstall and restore from backup.