AcerLiquid E won't charge

Guest Sany Linux

Guest Sany Linux

Hey everyone, I own an Acer Liquid E (s100) phone. Unfortunately, from today on it won't charge anymore so I want to find what the problem is (dead battery or something else).

Could someone tell me, If the phone is Powered-OFF and you remove its battery, after you plug-in your charger does your phone respond?

Can you boot in your OS?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Master_T

Hey everyone, I own an Acer Liquid E (s100) phone. Unfortunately, from today on it won't charge anymore so I want to find what the problem is (dead battery or something else).

Could someone tell me, If the phone is Powered-OFF and you remove its battery, after you plug-in your charger does your phone respond?

Can you boot in your OS?

Thanks in advance.

Nope, I tried a couple of times and it wont turn on without a battery plugged in, at least in my experience.

Guest piernov

If it just doesn't charge anymore (and the battery drain was faster than expected before), it's probably a dead battery. Had the same problem some months ago, so I bought a 1500mAh battery on eBay and now it works perfectly. (and my power button was broken so the phone was just stuck in a sort of "bootloop" displaying the empty battery icon, because the battery was empty and it kept trying to boot due to the power button being pressed)

And if the battery is empty or absent, the phone will not boot. However, you may try to boot in fastboot mode, it might work, (then maybe booting on OS will work too) but I don't think so.

Guest Sany Linux

Nope, I tried a couple of times and it wont turn on without a battery plugged in, at least in my experience.

If it just doesn't charge anymore (and the battery drain was faster than expected before), it's probably a dead battery. Had the same problem some months ago, so I bought a 1500mAh battery on eBay and now it works perfectly. (and my power button was broken so the phone was just stuck in a sort of "bootloop" displaying the empty battery icon, because the battery was empty and it kept trying to boot due to the power button being pressed)

And if the battery is empty or absent, the phone will not boot. However, you may try to boot in fastboot mode, it might work, (then maybe booting on OS will work too) but I don't think so.

Well it's a battery problem folks, I tried an another battery and it charges normally.

Thank you for your response.