Coming Soon: MoDaCo.SWITCH for the HTC One (video demo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

MoDaCo.SWITCH for the HTC One is coming soon, allowing you to easily switch between Sense and Google Play edition on your phone, without maintaining two sets of data.

The new concept is demoed in the video below. I'm currently testing the build and looking for any last remaining issues / bugs before I let it loose on you lot in the form of a public Beta!

It will be installed via custom recovery in the usual way and is based on the 2.24 European One ROM (Android 4.2.2) and the shipping Google Play edition ROM. Stay tuned for further updates!

You can also view the video on

.'>

I know there's going to be lots of questions about SWITCH... so ask away and i'll do my best to answer them! :)

Click here to view the item

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Interesting concept. Certainly look forward to trying it. Assume it would still need a data wipe before the initial flash?

Guest marmankites

Looks great, very fluid.

Q: Extra size of rom required?

Q: Potential to select HTC Sense apps inside the stock rom. Or a selection tool for choosing;

Phone Launcher

Camera

Calendar

Gallery

etc. for each?

Guest PaulOBrien

Interesting concept. Certainly look forward to trying it. Assume it would still need a data wipe before the initial flash?

No, it uses MCR dirty flash technology to try and mitigate that.

Biggest question, how much additional space is used adding the GE ROM? Shared data makes this a winner in my book.

At the moment i'm focusing on compressing that lost space down as much as possible. My target is to lose <500MB of space.

Looks great, very fluid.

Q: Extra size of rom required?

Q: Potential to select HTC Sense apps inside the stock rom. Or a selection tool for choosing;

Phone Launcher

Camera

Calendar

Gallery

etc. for each?

1. See above.

2. A future development.

P

Guest mmayhew

Can't wait to try it out. Will you ever provide a build that has US Carrier Sense builds? I'm a US TMO customer and their Wifi Calling feature is huge for me.

EDIT: clarification

Guest sensationfan623
Something like this on the Galaxy S4 would be awesome...

He said in his video that he would be working on this.

Guest sensationfan623

At the moment i'm focusing on compressing that lost space down as much as possible. My target is to lose <500MB of space.

P

Jesus that's good. If you can hit the 500M mark you won't even notice the lost space.

If I remember correctly GE roms that I've downloaded are about 450MB, should be a sinch. Great work Paul! Can't wait to flash this into daily use

Guest Alonso_91

Great work. Will it also allow to add more roms to the list?? Say I wanna try out MIUI as well, would I be able to "triple" boot it? Anyway I cant wait to try it out

Guest GarJones27

Amazing! I cannot wait to use this. I know it will be a daily driver for me, as there are things that I cannot live without on both roms.

Guest guy4jesuschrist

Is it possible to add PA's HALO to the GE side of SWITCH, since they open-sourced it, or perhaps make a flashable zip?

Guest sensationfan623
Is it possible to incorporate this into other devices?

Is it possible to use CM or AOKP instead of GE?

+1

@paulobrien will this work between any two roms?

Edited by sensationfan623

Guest UbuntuBhoy

How do apps that are in /system in one ROM but data in the other work?

I am thinking of AOSP apps installed in my sense ROM, how is the conflict dealt with?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.