Coming Soon: MoDaCo.SWITCH for the HTC One (video demo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Jesus that's good. If you can hit the 500M mark you won't even notice the lost space.

I reckon I can get everything in /system for the release version.

Something like this on the Galaxy S4 would be awesome...

It will follow!

Great work. Will it also allow to add more roms to the list?? Say I wanna try out MIUI as well, would I be able to "triple" boot it? Anyway I cant wait to try it out

Yes, in theory. Once the initial release is done and tested i'll help other devs incorporate SWITCH.

Is there an official thread for switch? Or is this it?

This is it for now. :)

How does it handle apps such as viber or whatsapp which require authentication with your phone number etc

When you've authenticated on one ROM it'll be authenticated on the other as they share the data partition.

Is it possible to add PA's HALO to the GE side of SWITCH, since they open-sourced it, or perhaps make a flashable zip?

Perhaps further down the line/

Is it possible to incorporate this into other devices?

Is it possible to use CM or AOKP instead of GE?

Yes and yes, all future plans.

How do apps that are in /system in one ROM but data in the other work?

I am thinking of AOSP apps installed in my sense ROM, how is the conflict dealt with?

Well, if you have something you want on both ROMs, you really need the location to be the same. e.g. Maps, should be in system on both or on the shared data partition. Apps specific to one ROM only are a non issue...

Are we talking days, weeks, or months? Absolutely in love with this idea.

Soon! :)

Guest j1mmy g88

I need this on my phone now!

I know I know, soon is going to be very soon, not like soon as in the Sky devs getting Sky Go on the Nexus 10.

Guest inthenite42

AHHHHHH! You devs drive us mad. Haha! It's like Android 4.3. People have been saying "soon" since April -_- Lol. Ok. Soon will have to do I guess. Love it though and keep up the goodwork!

Q. Is anything not working right now? Or is everything functional on both ROMs? :D

Guest dlads

This is something that I would absolutely love on my phone, superb work from Paul here.

Just one question though :)

Is it going to be possible to swap out the Sense rom or infact the google edition rom for one of the users choice? Nothing against stock but I use another rom as a daily but would still like the use of a switch.

Appreciate your work m8, good luck with ironing out the kinks.

PS: To everyone asking the dev for timelines, u do know that it's taboo to ask right? We all want to know, but you just don't ask.

Guest sensationfan623
This is something that I would absolutely love on my phone, superb work from Paul here.

Just one question though :)

Is it going to be possible to swap out the Sense rom or infact the google edition rom for one of the users choice? Nothing against stock but I use another rom as a daily but would still like the use of a switch.

Appreciate your work m8, good luck with ironing out the kinks.

PS: To everyone asking the dev for timelines, u do know that it's taboo to ask right? We all want to know, but you just don't ask.

Correct me if I am wrong but he has said that this should work between any two sense and ge rom combinations.

I'm assuming the system partition is structured differently in ge compared to sense. I'm assuming as well that this switch is hard coded to setting up the ge partition data or the sense partition data specifically when switched to that choice. I hope I'm making sense.

Point is I'm thinking this will only work between a ge rom and a sense rom. To have this work between two roms of any kind our phones can support I'm not sure will work. We'll have to wait for Paul to say something.

Anyway, just woke up moments ago. I hope this made sense :-\

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.