• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

Compass not working at all

124 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

relapso, thanks for the link!

Among commentaries to that ROM there's a link to a thread on some Italian forum where they seem to almost have found a solution: http://www.androidiani.com/forum/altri-terminali-mtk/341087-vowney-v5-problemi-alla-bussola-2.html#post4559786

It said that copying a module called /system/bin/memsicd3426x from some MIUI ROM and renaming our file 'bmm050d' (and rebooting) does help. But the data from the sensor is inverted.

Looks like V5 actually has a different magnetic sensor chip, not Bosch.

Haven't done this myself yet, will try tonight.

Posted · Report post

Among commentaries to that ROM there's a link to a thread on some Italian forum where they seem to almost have found a solution: http://www.androidiani.com/forum/altri-terminali-mtk/341087-vowney-v5-problemi-alla-bussola-2.html#post4559786

It said that copying a module called /system/bin/memsicd3426x from some MIUI ROM and renaming our file 'bmm050d' (and rebooting) does help. But the data from the sensor is inverted.

Posted · Report post

I wait expectantly your opinions!!! :)

Posted · Report post

Bad luck, guys. Replacing memsicd3416x file and renaming bmm050d only binds compass to g-sensor chip, so that North is where you tilt the phone. The search goes on...

Posted · Report post

Pity...

Thks for trying it and, above all, to continue looking for a solution :)

Posted · Report post

Interesting, I've run across a thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2033041) where people report not working compass on different Android MTK6575-77 phones produced by Alps, just like our Vowney. And first reports are dated December 2012. If Alps still hadn't suggested a solution for its older phones, we have poor chances of resolving the issue unless someone makes an alternative core like Cyanogen mod.
There is one ROM called Cyanogen on needrom.com, but they say it's not actually Cyanogen, it's just a modded stock ROM instead.

Posted (edited) · Report post

if you have installed custom rom with cwm you have erased a file named accel_nvm into dir /data/misc/sensor 

you must put this file to have compass working.

Try this.

http://d-h.st/bzw

Copy to sdcard and using root explorer (or similar tool) move to dir /data/misc/sensors/ after clicked on Mount RW.

After moved click on Mount RO and reboot.

Now compass is working.

P.S. you must have also right memsicd3416x file

Edited by 27ylliw

Posted · Report post

Does anyone know of a Bluetooth fix , its a 4,2 problem well known fault of disconnecting from car Bluetooth when on calls .

Posted · Report post

if you have installed custom rom with cwm you have erased a file named accel_nvm into dir /data/misc/sensor 

you must put this file to have compass working.

Try this.

http://d-h.st/bzw

Copy to sdcard and using root explorer (or similar tool) move to dir /data/misc/sensors/ after clicked on Mount RW.

After moved click on Mount RO and reboot.

Now compass is working.

P.S. you must have also right memsicd3416x file

Has anyone tried this?

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately it does not work on everyone.

Posted · Report post

Has anyone tried this?

Yes, this solution by an Italian guy called Caber/Becar is mentioned here in English and here in Italian.

I tried it but it didn't work for me. Caber says it works with his phone, where compass worked on a stock ROM from the very start. So this solution is proven for repairing software compass problem on custom ROMs on such phones.

Posted · Report post

I've the original ROM, I've copy this file and rw- rw- rw-

And reboot the phone. And nothing. The compass not work... :(

Posted · Report post

OK, thanks guys :)

Posted · Report post

Keep on following the italian thread on compass malfunction it is getting more evident that there might an hardware problem on our phones and this might explain why vowney cannot find a solution. Interestingly there is a clone phone to the v5 named m5 and it would be interesting if somebody could find an original rom of this phone to compare with the vowney one

Posted · Report post

People, I've got some news. Those who received their V5's this October report their compass working fine with the same stock ROM (20130626). So this is another sign that it was a hardware problem.

Posted · Report post

There's a new stock ROM on needrom. Although it's generally good and fast enough, the compass still doesn't work. Probably it's a hardware issue. I give up.

What is the prefered method of installing this ROM ?

Using sp_flash_tool, CWM or mobile uncle tools ?

Does network location work in this rom ?

Is it mutli language ?

Edited by bamp

Posted · Report post

I install with sp flash, then cwm and root. The same procedure that uses with the other roms.... Gaps are included

I installed ok but there is a problem : I can't see any application widget except the default ones. Any new installed widget does not appear in available widgets.

Also the networklocation.apk is missing from system/app so network location is not available.

Any info on how to solve the above problems ?

Edited by bamp

Posted · Report post

I installed ok but there is a problem : I can't see any application widget except the default ones. Any new installed widget does not appear in available widgets.

Also the networklocation.apk is missing from system/app so network location is not available.

Any info on how to solve the above problems ?

reflash.... Something went wrong.... The stock rom from needrom works great for me.

Only the compass works bad.

Posted · Report post

I 've flashed two times. Same problem.

This is a known problem as I see in their forum. Many posts like this

Does network location works for you ?

Posted · Report post

I 've flashed two times. Same problem.

This is a known problem as I see in their forum. Many posts like this

Does network location works for you ?

I dont know, my gps its allways on by request, but how can I test?

Open google maps with gps off???

Posted · Report post

Yes, the network location does not work with this ROM. Though, it's easy to solve. Just copy the attached file 'networklocation.apk' (unpack it from zip!) to /system/apps/, set the rights to rw-r--r-- (like with all other files in that folder), reboot and voila!

NetworkLocation.zip

Posted · Report post

Hey guys, after read and read thousen post abaout the vowney compass, this morning it works!!

I did this steps:

Put this accel_nvm from i dont remember but i think was from modaco¡s forum.

And install this Gaaps from another forum, i used this 4 fix my geolocation without gps (and work perfect)

When i did this my compass didnt work but this morning i disc wifi and 3g and use only gps, and sourprise compass was working.

Then copy accel_nvm to data/misc/sensors qith rw-rw-rw then install Gapps, and restart without quick restart (only this time) then probe the compass and if it still dont working try turn off 3g and wifi and run only gps tto probe the compass.

I hope this work 4 u guys. And sorry about my english i know its bad.

accel_nvm: https://mega.co.nz/#!FA5hFLCD!S_xfjwg817U96u1Eh4VZlUS4AhhguEu2SXn5w4JCrn0

Gapps: https://mega.co.nz/#!QRxGTLSY!ZysvHxRbfRdYFAsW0snKejqXae1HRbfPf-RIg62OdYI