[Help] Unlock Bootloader: Invalid Key

Guest Salamin

Guest Salamin

Hello, everyone, this is my first post.

I'm writing because I'm having some issues trying to unlock my phone's bootloader. I've recently bought a Huawei G300 and I'm willing to flash some custom ROMs.

I've tried getting my code here, but I keep getting an error message. That's when I've decided to mail [email protected].

I've got the answer, but when I've tried to unlock the bootloader using this guide, I get the "invalid key" error.

I've mailed Huawei again, but they gave me the same code.

There's one thing: I'm from Argentina and my phone's model is U8815-51, which no one seems to have. Could that have something to do?

I'd really appreciate it if you could help me, because I really wanted to flash some custom ROMs, that's why I've bought the phone, but now I can't...

Thanks for reading

Edited by Salamin

Guest denzele

Does the code contains letters and numbers or just numbers? If there's just numbers then you have a Network code not Bootloader code. In that case keep emailing Huawei for Bootloader code.

Guest Salamin

Does the code contains letters and numbers or just numbers? If there's just numbers then you have a Network code not Bootloader code. In that case keep emailing Huawei for Bootloader code.

Both letters and numbers. L for letter, N for number: LLNNNLNNNNLNNLNN

Should I keep emailing anways? Could it have something to do with my model? Should I try another method to unlock it?

Thanks for answering!

Guest denzele

Well if you have L and N code then it's definitely Bootloader code. The only question is if it's the correct one . But then again they've sent you twice same code so it must be the one. Yes try another method such as official one http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/servicePolicy.do?method=getUnlockStep..

Or do it again but this time take screenshots and post them here so we can see what the problem is.

Guest Salamin

Well if you have L and N code then it's definitely Bootloader code. The only question is if it's the correct one . But then again they've sent you twice same code so it must be the one. Yes try another method such as official one http://www.huaweidev...d=getUnlockStep..

Or do it again but this time take screenshots and post them here so we can see what the problem is.

Thanks for your help, man, now I'll try that method and with this one.

Hope it works! I'll bring you the news

Guest Salamin

Well if you have L and N code then it's definitely Bootloader code. The only question is if it's the correct one . But then again they've sent you twice same code so it must be the one. Yes try another method such as official one http://www.huaweidev...d=getUnlockStep..

Well, I've done everything the guide said, and everything seemed to be going well, except that I still get the "invalid key!" "unlock failed" errors...

4cwm.png

It sucks :(

Thanks for your help though, if you have any more ideas, feel free to share

Guest Salamin

Email Huawei again and tell them about error and also attach screenshots of cmd .

Good Luck.

Done. Let's see what they say.

Thanks again

Guest Salamin

I'm getting the same error with a code emailed to me by Huawei. No idea what the problem is.

It sucks, which is your model? U8815-51?

Guest oisin1001

It sucks, which is your model? U8815-51?

No, it's just the U8815. Hopefully we'll get a reply by tomorrow, can't use my phone at all now.

Guest oisin1001

Why can't you use your phone at all? Can't you just restore your Nandroid backup? Or did the failed attempt to unlock the bootloader screw something up?

Edit: oh - maybe this is the problem that has subsequently been sorted?

http://www.modaco.co...tuck-wont-boot/

Yeah, I screwed up earlier on, but I think that if I can unlock the bootloader, I'll be able to fix everything. :P I've tried unlocking the bootloader the unofficial way, but the tool doesn't work (I think for that one to work, I'd have to root first, which I can't do, as I can't turn on my phone!). I get an error when I flash update.app too.

Guest Salamin

Yeah, I screwed up earlier on, but I think that if I can unlock the bootloader, I'll be able to fix everything. :P I've tried unlocking the bootloader the unofficial way, but the tool doesn't work (I think for that one to work, I'd have to root first, which I can't do, as I can't turn on my phone!). I get an error when I flash update.app too.

I didn't get any answer yet... did you?

Guest dalyer

Put the word "urgent" in the email subject and body and see if that helps. It seemed to for those of us forced to email them directly to get a bootloader unlock code.

Guest Salamin

Put the word "urgent" in the email subject and body and see if that helps. It seemed to for those of us forced to email them directly to get a bootloader unlock code.

I will wait a little bit longer, they usually took one day to answer the previous emails. But I'll insist if they don't answer, thanks.

Anyways, if it still doesn't work, should I unlock the bootloader in an unofficial way? I know it causes resets, is there a way to avoid it? Probably relock it?

I mean, I just want to flash a custom rom and stay with it, I don't want to experiment a lot...

Guest oisin1001

What error do you get when you try to flash the update.app?

You don't need root to do the bootloader unlock as far as I know.

It gets about one third of the way through step 1, and then skips onto Step 2/2, with the bar filled about two-thirds, and a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark. Underneath it says "Update failed".

I didn't get any answer yet... did you?

No, still no answer.

By the way, I noticed on my Google Dashboard that there was a device without an IMEI attatched to it that had been last active on the 17th (which was the last time I used my phone). Could I have "lost" my IMEI number or something while updating? (I had to downgrade to one of the Stock Huawei ICS ROMs to be able to unlock my bootloader in the first place.) That might explain why the unlock code is incorrect.

I have a backup of the IMEI number made from 5irom. If the problem is the IMEI number, how can I restore it in fastboot mode? Maybe via ADB?

Guest mauri1990

Hello, everyone, this is my first post.

I'm writing because I'm having some issues trying to unlock my phone's bootloader. I've recently bought a Huawei G300 and I'm willing to flash some custom ROMs.

I've tried getting my code here, but I keep getting an error message. That's when I've decided to mail [email protected].

I've got the answer, but when I've tried to unlock the bootloader using this guide, I get the "invalid key" error.

I've mailed Huawei again, but they gave me the same code.

There's one thing: I'm from Argentina and my phone's model is U8815-51, which no one seems to have. Could that have something to do?

I'd really appreciate it if you could help me, because I really wanted to flash some custom ROMs, that's why I've bought the phone, but now I can't...

Thanks for reading

hey tengo el mismo codigo u8815-51 y me paso exactamente igual que a vos, en huawei me dieron un codigo (alfanumerico) en el cual obtenia "invalid key " al tratar de desbloquear el bootloader. me canse de mandar mails a huawei y su ultimo mail fue que "derivavan el caso al area correspondiente para que resolvieran el problema", pero todavia no tengo respuesta. Por lo tanto lo libere de la forma no oficial siguiendo la guia de esta pag. http://huaweig300.com/ y el telefono va de maravillas, pero no puedo conseguir hacer funcionar el 3g....Bueno tambien soy de argentina y a mi si me funciona el update para volver a cerrar el bootloader...perdon por no haber escrito en ingles :(

Guest dalyer

It gets about one third of the way through step 1, and then skips onto Step 2/2, with the bar filled about two-thirds, and a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark. Underneath it says "Update failed".

Are you sure that your real/external sdcard (not the 2GB "internal sdcard") contains /dload/update.app image?

Download the update.app again and make sure that it's intact. If there's an MD5 checksum provided check that it is correct.

If downloading is a problem then you may need to disable security/virus software temporarily.

Are you doing a forced update?

Guest dalyer

hey tengo el mismo codigo u8815-51 y me paso exactamente igual que a vos, en huawei me dieron un codigo (alfanumerico) en el cual obtenia "invalid key " al tratar de desbloquear el bootloader. me canse de mandar mails a huawei y su ultimo mail fue que "derivavan el caso al area correspondiente para que resolvieran el problema", pero todavia no tengo respuesta. Por lo tanto lo libere de la forma no oficial siguiendo la guia de esta pag. http://huaweig300.com/ y el telefono va de maravillas, pero no puedo conseguir hacer funcionar el 3g....Bueno tambien soy de argentina y a mi si me funciona el update para volver a cerrar el bootloader...perdon por no haber escrito en ingles :(

Google translate gives me:

hey I have the same code u8815-51 and I spend exactly the same as you, in huawei gave me a code (alphanumeric) in which obtenia "invalid key" when trying to unlock the bootloader. I get tired of sending emails to huawei and his last mail was that "if the area derivavan concerned to solve the problem", but I have not yet answer. Thus freeing you from the following unofficial guide this pag. http://huaweig300.com/ and the phone going great, but I can not get to run the 3g .... Well I'm from Argentina and also my works if I update to reclose the bootloader ... sorry for not writing in English: (

Are you sure that you specified U8815-51 when requesting the unlock code? If any of the info provided to Huawei is not 100% accurate then you may get an incorrect code.

Guest oisin1001

Quick update: I contacted Huawei again and I got a different password to unlock the bootloader. I sent them a picture of the sticker behind the battery, so maybe that might make a difference. I'll try the new password this evening.

Guest Salamin

Buenísimo, tomá, flasheá esto que se supone que arregla el problema del 3G, avisame si funciona así hoy a la noche desbloqueo!

Vos cerraste el bootloader? Te tiraba reinicios sin cerrarlo? En este post dan una manera de rebloquearlo.

Mirá en este foro que también hay cosas copadas y está en español.

Evidentemente es un tema de nuestro modelo de Argentina, no? A mí Huawei me contestó dos veces y nunca más... voy a insistir una vez más por las dudas, me da un poco de cagaso igual por el tema de la garantía de Movistar... Pero bue, quiero flashear la slim ics!!

Avisá si te funciona lo del 3G, ojalá sirva

Saludos y gracias!!

Guest oisin1001

I tried the new password and it worked! I guess the Huawei person just sent me the wrong password. All working now! I advice that you just send a photo of the sticker underneath the battery to [email protected], as that's how I got the correct password.

Guest Salamin

I tried the new password and it worked! I guess the Huawei person just sent me the wrong password. All working now! I advice that you just send a photo of the sticker underneath the battery to [email protected], as that's how I got the correct password.

Good for you, man! I'll send them that, but it has the same exact numbers I sent them, so I don't know...

I'll try anyways, thanks!