My ZTE Skate is Gone/Stolen Lost

Guest droidbittin

Guest droidbittin

Hello, i have been using my work iPhone 4 and calling people via skype for a while, and some weeks ago when i was about to upgrade Cyanogenmod on my ZTE Skate i noticed it was not on my computer table and looked trough my apartment for 5-6hours for it, and it does not seem to be anywhere :(, i think i might have keept in a pair of pants and washed it or lost it on the streets so someone stolen it or lost it in a coat at work, but my work is closed to like 4th August as its IT Department at a school, i hope i will find it =(

if not this is the end of me having an ZTE Skate, a friend said he could get me a cheap Nokia and my mom might have some old Samsung Smartphone with specs as the ZTE Blade we will see what will happen maybe RIP bittin owning an ZTE Skate :(

//bittin

Guest Voxpop2011

If only you had installed Lookout or some other 'tracking' software. The very least you could have done is applied screen and sim lock codes.

Have you tried calling the number, although a thief will more than likely just put in a new sim card.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest droidbittin

i did not find my phone anywhere so its totally gone, buying an Samsung Galaxy S III Mini the 18th September instead when i have some money :)

Guest omegavesko

i did not find my phone anywhere so its totally gone, buying an Samsung Galaxy S III Mini the 18th September instead when i have some money :)

Guess we'll be Samsung buddies. I'm probably upgrading to a Galaxy S2 in a couple of months myself. (though I haven't decided yet.)

Guest honigfisch

Install the app "androidlost" on your new phone and i advice you to give to another phone permission to control your phone - so if you loose your phone that you can find it again

Guest omegavesko

I just tried it but i can't find location of it.

Doesn't look to work so well. :P

Yeah, the Device Manager doesn't work very well for me either. It seems to work for other people though, maybe it's something about the phone.

Guest omegavesko

Androidlost is free

With cerberus you have to pay after 1 week

Well yeah, but it's like $5 for a lifetime license, no? That's hardly expensive. And from what I can tell, it has many more features than Androidlost.

If you don't want to pay then I'd also recommend Avast Anti-Theft, which is also very good.

Edited by omegavesko

• 1 month later...
Guest droidbittin

Found my ZTE Skate now, behind a bookcase and called the swedish cop so they could unlock the IMEI costed me 8$ well worth :), but think i am gonna buy a newer phone anyways later as Kitkat is soon out

:)

Gonna setup Google Device Manager tommorow when phone is activated for sure 

Edited by droidbittin