Is the Nokia Lumia 1020's PureView enough?

Guest James Norton

Guest James Norton

A little while ago, I posed the question, is it enough to be good enough? I argued that for anyone to break the Apple and Samsung duopoly in the mobile phone market, software might be the best way to differentiate and be many times better than that which Apple and Samsung bring, reaching a point where the compromise of switching platform is offset by the additional features on offer.

Indeed, I said that "It is becoming harder and harder to differentiate and innovate in the hardware space", but Nokia have managed to do something genuinely different with the Lumia 1020 and offer their amazing PureView camera technology packaged into a Windows Phone smartphone. But is it enough?

I am not going to comment on whether the Lumia 1020 is a great piece of design but it certainly is an amazing piece of technology, a modern, high end smartphone with a truly incredible camera. It is not a DSLR but it is capable of producing superior output to many decent DSLR cameras on the market today. But is it enough?

As someone who has been considering a decent point and shoot camera alongside my phone for taking better pictures, I am seriously considering the 1020 as a viable alternative. Windows Phone is certainly not my first choice of operating system but the convenience of a fantastic camera and a reasonably good smartphone experience may be enough to convince me to buy the Nokia instead of carrying my usual phone and an additional piece of hardware.

What about for you? Is the Nokia Lumia 1020 and its camera good enough to be worth the compromise of switching to Windows Phone? Are you already using Windows Phone and planning to switch to the 1020 to take advantage of its superior optics? And finally, can the 1020 start a revival for Nokia and hence Microsoft and secure that coveted third place in the smartphone operating system market today?

1020big.png

Click here to view the item

Guest awarner

As soon as Vodafone have this then I will be seriously consider upgrading. I'm currently using the 925 and the camera is stunning especially in low light, so the 1020 should take it up another notch with its loss-less zoom.

Baaed on the camera alone there is nothing else on the market that co.es close. Add the Camera Pro app which the other 92x devices should be receiving its the phone of choice for me.

Guest andung

Before you want to buy Nokia lumia 1020 , We recommend that you first know about Complete Nokia lumia 1020 Review,Explaining about the specs, test the camera, the interface is comfortable to use and application, as well as speed in trying some applications.

Just watch the video of his impressions in >>

• 3 months later...
Guest awarner

One comment I forgot to pick up from in the original post, I would not say there is any compromise in switching to the 1020 and I presume you mean WP8?

Personally I've never had a single problem with WP8/7 or the apps, WP has been reliable and I've not really come across anything that made me consider using another platform, Instagram and this or that game is a pretty weak argument people use.

• 1 month later...
Guest DaisyJaime

I always use Nokia phone before I bought a xiaomi 2S from fancycost.com on July 2013. Nokia phone is good to use.xiaomi2S OS is Android, easy to use , for me I needed it for calling and chat with my friend on skype.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.