Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest philos64

So I just flashed Switch just the way I was supposed to, starting with Beta 1, then doing Beta 8, then the S-ON fix. Everything is working fine except for when I actually go to switch ROMs. It takes me to my recovery and asks if I want to uninstall untrusted zip file every time. I've tried wiping and reflashing but that hasn't fixed anything. Anyone know a possible solution?

Have you wiped data before the first flash ?

Try to re-install properly with a wipe date => Beta 1 - Beta 8 - S-On package and eventually the root package

and check your mD5 sum ;)

Which recovery do you use ?

Edited by philos64

Guest inthenite42

Ok found a problem that I guess has been in all the betas. My Gmail isn't notifying me of a new email (which is wonderful! but unfortunately I need to be notified :( ). It syncs the emails, but doesn't notify me. Has this already been solved? We're on page 17 (18?) and I can't remember if it has been fixed via ADB yet.

So I just flashed Switch just the way I was supposed to, starting with Beta 1, then doing Beta 8, then the S-ON fix. Everything is working fine except for when I actually go to switch ROMs. It takes me to my recovery and asks if I want to uninstall untrusted zip file every time. I've tried wiping and reflashing but that hasn't fixed anything. Anyone know a possible solution?

Im getting this same issue too, Are you using ClockworkMOD recovery?

I think Paul recommends TWRP recovery, If you install untrusted zip then reboot system it will switch roms.

Guest PaulOBrien

Which recovery? The switch happens with an automated recovery flash on S-ON.

I recommend TWRP.

P

Guest PaulOBrien
Ok found a problem that I guess has been in all the betas. My Gmail isn't notifying me of a new email (which is wonderful! but unfortunately I need to be notified :( ). It syncs the emails, but doesn't notify me. Has this already been solved? We're on page 17 (18?) and I can't remember if it has been fixed via ADB yet.

In sense or gpe? Are the notifications set to on?

P

Guest philos64

I don't remember, but when I use Sense, I've got the notifications - Led & Icon in the notification bar - I haven't tried with GE version...I will try

Im getting this same issue too, Are you using ClockworkMOD recovery?

I think Paul recommends TWRP recovery, If you install untrusted zip then reboot system it will switch roms.

Yes I use TWRP last version (2.6.0.1) without problem

Edited by philos64

Guest Brembo109

Are you sure you enabled notifications for all of your label?

Guest rtl3293

Have you wiped data before the first flash ?

Try to re-install properly with a wipe date => Beta 1 - Beta 8 - S-On package and eventually the root package

and check your mD5 sum ;)

What recovery do you use ?

I am using clockworkmod touch and I have wiped data before both installs. How do I check the mD5 sum?

Guest IcOpRo

Also, wifi doesn't seem to be working for me in sense

I had this same issue, but when I switch to GE Rom I had WiFi then when I went back to Sense my WiFi was working.... don't know if you have switch after setting everything up but try that it worked for me.

Guest philos64

I am using clockworkmod touch and I have wiped data before both installs. How do I check the mD5 sum?

When you have dowloaded the zip file, you can compare with MD5 checksum (on your PC) or MD5 checker (on your device)

Try to install TWRP as recovery

Edited by philos64

Guest inthenite42

In sense or gpe? Are the notifications set to on?

P

Yep! Checkbox is ticked next to Gmail under my Google account in Accounts and Settings for both ROMs. Not getting notifications on either ROM. I get notified of texts and other apps though.

Also, randomly, it will make me confirm that I want to use my SIM on T-Mobile. Has only happened about 3 times since Beta 1. Not something urgent right now obviously since it's one click, and maybe it'll go away, but just in case if you know of a quick fix.

Guest mjybarr

Finally installed the rom and WOW.....my mind is blown! Great job!!!!

So far I have switched from Sense to AOSP and back. All is good.

FYI.. Installed Beta1 zip and then Beta8 zip on top then rebooted.

Edited by mjybarr

Guest rtl3293

Which recovery? The switch happens with an automated recovery flash on S-ON.

I recommend TWRP.

P

Thanks Paul, I switched to TWRP and it works great now.

Guest jawonder

Hey Paul, is the batterie icon you presented a time ago on twitter present in this rom? I mean the one with the "true" batterie status, not the stock with showing 70% at 70,60 and 50 % or so. I hope you understand what i want to know :-D

Not sure what battery icon you want but in the HTC One theme section there are battery icons there that works on the GE rom you have to flash from the GE side. I'm using a round battery mod right now with % and it's working fine.

Edited by jawonder

Guest IcOpRo

Anyone else getting this on Sense, I just noticed this. The lockscreen does not have the shortcuts enabled on the bottom (you know like phone, text, web) and If i go the the options in settings where I select the look of my screen it does show the shortcurs, If I select the lockscreen with the photo album it just shows a black screen with unlock widget.

shrunken1.png

shrunken2.png

Thanks

Guest jawonder

Also, wifi doesn't seem to be working for me in sense

I've had this problem in the beginning and to fix it i made sure i flashed a 2.24 rom then do a regular wipe in TWRP, i.e don't wipe system then flash beta 1 reboot sign into sense then boot back to recovery and flash beta 8 . Have no problem since.

Edited by jawonder

Guest androidgooroo

I installed the ROM without any hitches whatsoever. As was mentioned, it took probably 5 minutes or so to first boot up into Sense. Switching is working flawless as well. I havent gotten far into testing everything yet. I had a question however. I had been running Android Revolution HD 12.1 and had the teaMSeven performance kernel installed for overclocking. Will this kernel work with this ROM? I don't want to flash it and break my install but I can try it if noone else knows for sure

Guest sapplegater

Hey Paul,

I have just installed the beta 1 and then flashed the beta 8 on top and the switching ROM's is not working for me I have tried running the two CMDs you post back at the very beginning and neither ones are working any help?

Nevermind got it working flash the stock RUU wiped the phone flashed the ROM again and all is well :)

Edited by sapplegater

Guest androidgooroo

I went ahead and installed teaMSeven 2.1.5 performance kernel. modaco switch is still working properly =) i had to install the kernel twice, once for each (sense as primary ROM) then Google Edition as primary ROM. gonna start testing thoroughly

Edited by androidgooroo

Guest mobilelingual

Hey Paul,

Great work sir. Had a little difficulty switching in Beta 1 but that was fixed after disabling fast boot. Everything fine with Beta 3 and just flashed Beta 8 and have the missing home button actions in GPE. Read through the previous posts for the ADB command to fix but not sure which one to use. Not overly concerned about it, figure it will be fixed soon enough. Keep up the great work.

Guest androidgooroo

ran some benchmarks in each ROM. antutu benchmark gave me 25900 OC'd to 1836mhz. Google Edition gave me a score of 25800 OC'd to 1836. Benchmarks are looking good with both ROMs so far!

Guest androidgooroo

OK, on switch it didnt keep the performance kernel. no biggie. still testing the features of the device. WIFI and hotspot functionality has been working fine thus far

EDIT *WIFI is actually not functioning on the Sense ROM at the moment. It shows "turning on" but it does not activate

Edited by androidgooroo

Guest meegulls

Ok so after flashing the rom I signed into the HTC account and it says I have no backup and I cant proceed. Signing into Facebook does nothing. Im stuck at the setup process and I can't do anything.

EDIT: I got past it, thanks.

Edited by meegulls