Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bkmerrick

Carriers can always detect when you are tethering, it is then up to them if they decide to punish you for it or not - if you are doing a lot of tethering its probably best to consider adding it to your plan (if that is an option!)

Thanks! I used tethering on nexus 4 and I didn't have a problem so i hope the same applies to HTC one. Just to confirm though, will tethering work just as it did on my nexus 4 once I have GE loaded on?

Thanks again.

Guest y2jdmbfan

For some reason I am unable to boot back into Google Play Edition...I haven't changed anything since I re-flashed everything per the guide via TWRP. I initially was able to boot into Sense, then I used switch to boot into Google Play Edition, setup my accounts and went back to sense. This was last week. Today I tried to switch back and I can no longer get into Google Play Edition. Any ideas on why this is? It just reboots to Sense each time.

Guest Lennyuk

For some reason I am unable to boot back into Google Play Edition...I haven't changed anything since I re-flashed everything per the guide via TWRP. I initially was able to boot into Sense, then I used switch to boot into Google Play Edition, setup my accounts and went back to sense. This was last week. Today I tried to switch back and I can no longer get into Google Play Edition. Any ideas on why this is? It just reboots to Sense each time.

make sure fast boot has not enabled itself in menu > settings > power

Guest y2jdmbfan

make sure fast boot has not enabled itself in menu > settings > power

I've checked and it wasn't enabled. For the heck of it, I enabled it, powered off, powered back on, and then disabled it again and rebooted and then tried switch and it still doesn't work.

Guest Lennyuk

I've checked and it wasn't enabled. For the heck of it, I enabled it, powered off, powered back on, and then disabled it again and rebooted and then tried switch and it still doesn't work.

are you s-on? if so try to flash the s-on.zip (even if you already have)

Guest y2jdmbfan

are you s-on? if so try to flash the s-on.zip (even if you already have)

I am S-Off. I was using ARHD 12.1 before flashing Modaco switch...Never flashed any alternate kernels or h-boots unless Modaco Switch Beta 1-8 installed something. Any other suggestions? I appreciate the help!

Y2J

Guest Lennyuk

I am S-Off. I was using ARHD 12.1 before flashing Modaco switch...Never flashed any alternate kernels or h-boots unless Modaco Switch Beta 1-8 installed something. Any other suggestions? I appreciate the help!

Y2J

Try flashing beta 1 and 8 and root again without a wipe (you will have to add your accounts back) - see if that helps, if not you will have to try a full wipe.

Guest theotherosully

Messenger (as in SMS) is an independant app on both roms, if you are doing something that alters the behaviour of one, you will have to redo it on the other too.

My guess is you will have to silo (exclude) tweetifications then set it up separately on both roms, although if you just used the stock twitter app you wouldn't need to use an app like that anyway....

I'll have to look into how to silo tweetifications sometime while I'm not at work. And yeah, the stock twitter app will do that but... It's the stock twitter app! Much prefer Falcon Pro.

Guest y2jdmbfan

Try flashing beta 1 and 8 and root again without a wipe (you will have to add your accounts back) - see if that helps, if not you will have to try a full wipe.

It appears to be working again. Didn't wipe, just flashed beta 1 and 8 and root. I will let you know if I lose it again...

Thanks for the help.

Guest riassan

Had anyone experienced when using modaco toolbox xposed mod, upon rebooting after selecting options it sits at htc one beats logo screen?

Guest descenpet

Had anyone experienced when using modaco toolbox xposed mod, upon rebooting after selecting options it sits at htc one beats logo screen?

mine works fine. maybe you selected some options that are not compatible?

Guest descenpet

what have you selected?

custom operator name and hide ime switcher and kidmode in power menu.

force enable notification checkbox and disable button in application settings, and in-app menus(i have 3 dot bar hidden)

i have tried reboot options too, they work for reboot but will interfere with switching so i turned it off again.

Guest riassan
custom operator name and hide ime switcher and kidmode in power menu.

force enable notification checkbox and disable button in application settings, and in-app menus(i have 3 dot bar hidden)

i have tried reboot options too, they work for reboot but will interfere with switching so i turned it off again.

Edit: got it working, apparently it's not a quick boot back up?

Edited by riassan

Guest FilyPhanatic

any kernel that work on stock/normal roms should work with switch too if you modify the installer properly. so far i've tested buletproof and elememtalx.

What do you mean by modify the installer?

Guest whosaysjohn

It appears to be working again. Didn't wipe, just flashed beta 1 and 8 and root. I will let you know if I lose it again...

Thanks for the help.

Edit: never, got it working.

Edited by whosaysjohn

Guest Lennyuk

as in it bootloops?

No, what options did you select to make it do that?

Guest Lennyuk

What do you mean by modify the installer?

He means edit the updater script so that the kernel installs to the correct location (Switch means it installs to a slightly different place than it would normally do so)

Guest Lennyuk

Edit: got it working, apparently it's not a quick boot back up?

no boot can take a while - I thought I had bootlooped a few times yesterday only to find it actually did boot eventually (I didn't have adb available so I could not logcat to see if it was actually looping)

Guest sferg410

Hello, have just discover this and it sounds amazing. I am on Android 4.2.2 and I do like to have the latest firmware but due to the banking apps I use - Barclays App/PingIT/LloydsTSB App UK Banks, I cannot root my phone and go for stock Android. Would love to be able to get the 4.3 update when it comes out and eventually KLP 5 on my HTC One, without losing Sense and without rooting, so i have some newbie questions, i hope they do not annoy you.

Can this be done without rooting the phone?

Has anyone used UK banking apps after applying this set-up?

Will the stock Android update to 4.3 when the the HTC One Google Edition does?

Again sorry if newbie questions, but this set-up sounds just like what I have beeen looking for since my GS2 days, then I went to a GNex and now my lovely HTC One Black, but as I said, no longer into rooting as I use the banking apps almost every day.

Thank you very much for any answers.

Stewart

Guest Lennyuk

Hello, have just discover this and it sounds amazing. I am on Android 4.2.2 and I do like to have the latest firmware but due to the banking apps I use - Barclays App/PingIT/LloydsTSB App UK Banks, I cannot root my phone and go for stock Android. Would love to be able to get the 4.3 update when it comes out and eventually KLP 5 on my HTC One, without losing Sense and without rooting, so i have some newbie questions, i hope they do not annoy you.

Can this be done without rooting the phone?

Technically, yes - root is applied separately, at your choice - but you do have to unlock your bootloader which can void your warranty but won't stop apps working.

Has anyone used UK banking apps after applying this set-up?

I am with Natwest and they don't have so many silly rules, I assume you are with Barclays who are needlessly adding silly root protection? Anyway, if you don't flash the root.zip then I don't see that you will have issues.

Will the stock Android update to 4.3 when the the HTC One Google Edition does?

It won't update automatically (like you would expect if the phone was brand new out of a box) but I am certain Paul will push an update for us to manually apply giving us 4.3.

Again sorry if newbie questions, but this set-up sounds just like what I have beeen looking for since my GS2 days, then I went to a GNex and now my lovely HTC One Black, but as I said, no longer into rooting as I use the banking apps almost every day.

Thank you very much for any answers.

Stewart

Theoretically it is possible to have one of the two roms rooted and the other not, this might be enough for you to use the banking app when say booted to sense but enjoy root when booted to GE.

Edited by Lennyuk