Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest descenpet

When i install a tweak from the tool box it does not stick after a reboot, e.g."advanced reboot option" . The "app_process" that was instructed to put in Switch GE and Sense where is it ?, i check the Xposed installer zip and i see 3 in "armv5te" ending with:- sdk15,sdk16 and sdk17 and also 3 in "armv7-a" ending with the same 3 sdks. Which of these am i to use ?.

which zip are you looking at?

Guest jawonder

which zip are you looking at?

As soon as you said that i look at the " Xposedinstall-2.1.4-lswitch.zip" and i found one app_process .

Guest Lennyuk

You can also find app_process by installing it (via Xposed settings) then going to /system/bin - cut it from there and past it in /system/SWITCH/(sense/gpe)/bin

Make sure you paste it in the rom you are booted in, you can't paste it in the one you are not booted in!.

Switch and do the same thing for the other - switch again and make sure it sticks.

Guest linedpaper

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any way I can flash some mods I'd like back without messing things up. Some of them are Sense mods, some GE so not sure how that would be possible without breaking something. For example, I'd love to have the full Advanced Power Mod back in sense. I also had some Sense mods such as change up the lockscreen weather icons, battery icons, etc.

Thanks,

Tim

Guest Lennyuk

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any way I can flash some mods I'd like back without messing things up. Some of them are Sense mods, some GE so not sure how that would be possible without breaking something. For example, I'd love to have the full Advanced Power Mod back in sense. I also had some Sense mods such as change up the lockscreen weather icons, battery icons, etc.

Thanks,

Tim

In theory you can flash these mods and they will work fine but you will have to be booted in the correct rom before flashing - or better yet, modify the updater script of the mod to flash to the correct locations

e.g if files go to /system/:

/system/SWITCH/sense/

or

/system/SWITCH/gpe

instead of just /system/

as for APM you would be better off using Xposed and Modaco Toolkit for that - Xposed mods are not rom specific, they rarely need updating for new rom versions and just 'work' without modifying any files.

Guest Arby Li

I installed SWITCH beta 8 when my ONE is still S-ON. I installed the S-ON package too. Can I S-OFF it without reflash everything?

Thanks,

Arby.

Guest Lennyuk

I installed SWITCH beta 8 when my ONE is still S-ON. I installed the S-ON package too. Can I S-OFF it without reflash everything?

Thanks,

Arby.

There is one file to remove which I can't remember exactly where its located, it might be /system/SWITCH/son/ or something similar - delete that and you can use s-off fine

open up the s-on.zip to see the exact location of where it is installed.

Guest descenpet

There is one file to remove which I can't remember exactly where its located, it might be /system/SWITCH/son/ or something similar - delete that and you can use s-off fine

open up the s-on.zip to see the exact location of where it is installed.

it's /data/SWITCH/son

Guest Lennyuk

I thought jellybean is supposed to have built in screenshot capability? Am I missing something?

Android has had this since way before jellybean

Press power and volume down at the same time.

Guest descenpet

I thought jellybean is supposed to have built in screenshot capability? Am I missing something?

android has built in screenshot function since ics. so what are you missing?

Guest Lennyuk

I deleted the S-on file, and when I boot into recovery, it still show that I am S-ON. Any additional steps I have to take??

You have to actually s-off the device - you are not s-off simply because you chose not to use the Switch s-on .zip.....

Guest tomf00lery

Android has had this since way before jellybean

Press power and volume down at the same time.

android has built in screenshot function since ics. so what are you missing?

And this works on your HTC one with switch on gpe side cause nothing happens on mine

Guest descenpet
I deleted the S-on file, and when I boot into recovery, it still show that I am S-ON. Any additional steps I have to take??
Opps, sorry. instead of Recovery, I actually boot into bootloader, and it show that I am still S-ON. Sorry for the mess up.

deleting the file doesn't make you s-off. it is s-on SUPPORT package. if you want s-off, you have to use one of the s-off tools. delete the file after you get s-off. if you are s-on, switch won't work without that file.

Guest descenpet

And this works on your HTC one with switch on gpe side cause nothing happens on mine

it works on both side. you have to hold it for like 1 sec.

Guest Lennyuk

yes works fine for me, you have to get the timing correct.

Guest jawonder

You can also find app_process by installing it (via Xposed settings) then going to /system/bin - cut it from there and past it in /system/SWITCH/(sense/gpe)/bin

Make sure you paste it in the rom you are booted in, you can't paste it in the one you are not booted in!.

Switch and do the same thing for the other - switch again and make sure it sticks.

Yeah it's still not sticking, just gonna forget about xposed for now as i've install a nice theme on the sense and some mods on the sense side and i have a nice icon set(Motif) and battery Mod with some UCCW and other widgets on the GE side that makes it look as if i have a theme installed. I'm loving my setup right now so no worries .

Edited by jawonder

Guest sferg410

I am just in the process of researching unlocking bootloader, s-on/s-off etc, so i know what i am doing before i apply this process, so i have a couple of questions, hope you don't mind.

1. I just read that unlocking the bootloader via the htcdev page removes some apps like flashlight and sound recorder (not really a problem) but also stops any future OTA updates from HTC, is this correct?

2. I will not be flashing custom ROMs or anything like that, I will not even be rooting my phone as I use UK banking apps that will not work on a rooted phone. As a former GNex user I would like the pure Android 4.2.2 system though and that is why I plan to use this process. So bearing that in mind, should I go with s-off (as it is now I assume) or s-on?

3. If this process can install pure Android 4.2.2 alongside the sense ROM without actually rooting the phone, is there not a process to install JUST the pure 4.2.2 Google SE ROM without rooting the phone and removing the Sense ROM entirely?

Guest Arby Li

I am a newbie, I successfully installed beta8. Everything work fine, except the following 3 issues:

1. I need to root the machine in order to run Root-Explorer, I installed the root package as per the instruction at the top of the thread suggested. I find out that the root process is not consistent, it is fine when I first boot up the phone but after I while it will say the ohone is not rooted. When I run Super SU, it will tell me that some root package is not installed and need to install either from Play or TWRP. If I choose TWRP, it will reboot into TWRP recovery and then reboot later. THEN, the root will work for a while, and everything just repeats itself.

2. My machine is S-ON when I install SWITCH. Now, I need to install busybox, and it need me to S-OFF the phone.

3. I noticed that Google calender info is lost after SWITCH from GE to Sense.

Since I am a newbie, can anybody kindly provide me with step-by-step instructions to solve these issues.

Thanks.

Guest descenpet

I am just in the process of researching unlocking bootloader, s-on/s-off etc, so i know what i am doing before i apply this process, so i have a couple of questions, hope you don't mind.

1. I just read that unlocking the bootloader via the htcdev page removes some apps like flashlight and sound recorder (not really a problem) but also stops any future OTA updates from HTC, is this correct?

2. I will not be flashing custom ROMs or anything like that, I will not even be rooting my phone as I use UK banking apps that will not work on a rooted phone. As a former GNex user I would like the pure Android 4.2.2 system though and that is why I plan to use this process. So bearing that in mind, should I go with s-off (as it is now I assume) or s-on?

3. If this process can install pure Android 4.2.2 alongside the sense ROM without actually rooting the phone, is there not a process to install JUST the pure 4.2.2 Google SE ROM without rooting the phone and removing the Sense ROM entirely?

1. that's what i hear. i disn't really test because i don't really care much about ota. even if they are gone, if you have a RUU, you can get those back and get OTA if you need firmware updates etc.

2. as it is now should be s-on, you can s-off if you want(assuming you are still on 4.1.2 stock). else it will stay s-on. if you don't want to root, that is fine.

3. if youu don't want sense and just want google play rom, you can install just that. you don't even need switch. if you are s-off, you can even convert to google device(ota works or not on that is still unknown). head over to xda for more details on that.

Guest descenpet

I am a newbie, I successfully installed beta8. Everything work fine, except the following 3 issues:

1. I need to root the machine in order to run Root-Explorer, I installed the root package as per the instruction at the top of the thread suggested. I find out that the root process is not consistent, it is fine when I first boot up the phone but after I while it will say the ohone is not rooted. When I run Super SU, it will tell me that some root package is not installed and need to install either from Play or TWRP. If I choose TWRP, it will reboot into TWRP recovery and then reboot later. THEN, the root will work for a while, and everything just repeats itself.

2. My machine is S-ON when I install SWITCH. Now, I need to install busybox, and it need me to S-OFF the phone.

3. I noticed that Google calender info is lost after SWITCH from GE to Sense.

Since I am a newbie, can anybody kindly provide me with step-by-step instructions to solve these issues.

Thanks.

root by itself is fine. but the apk will auto update throgh playstore and it will ask you to update binaries. but due to how switch works, the binariy updates are not surviving switches unless you do it manually.

busybox is not included and you will have to install it yourself too. the auto installers won't work properly for this too because of switch's directory structure. manual way will still work.

i don't use google calendar so i can't answer you on that.