Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jonathandownin

When updating from beta 8 to beta 10, do I simply install the beta 10 in twrp, or do I have to the follow the original install instructions and again follow that with the s-on package?

Guest peterock

Anyone having issues with downloading the zip it gets right to the end and then never finishes. Tried it on IE 11, chrome and through the OTA and all exhibit the same behaviour.

Ignore me it took a few minutes after finishing to actually finish.

Edited by peterock

Guest mbroeders

Beta 10 runs great atm! Thanks for providing those fixes so fast. Just one minor issue(?), my wallpaper keeps in sync between switches. Is that normal behaviour? Or would it be possible to have seperate wallpapers for both roms (btw, using stock Sense launcher and nova launcher in GPe, I have added the exeception file). Thanks.

Guest Lennyuk

What is new in beta 10?

beta 9 plus fixes for calendar sync, maps, chrome - and some play store errors caused by the clash of two different OS versions.

Guest PaulOBrien

Beta 10 is now available both in the first post and via OTA update in the SwitchUp application.

When I first created Switch for the HTC One, I knew of course that 4.3 was coming and knew that maintaining 2 different ROM versions would present unique issues. It has, but with lennyuk's testing help again I believe we've overcome them!

The Beta 10 update contains no functional changes (these will come in a future update, adding bin/xbin preservation, the ability to flash kernel using unmodified zips, SMS message preservation) but it does contain 4.3 and a bunch of application updates. :)

To go with the update there are 2 new FAQ entries as follows:

• I am getting an RPC error when trying to install apps from the Play Store
    • To resolve these, remove and re-add the affected Google account. You may need to do this for both Sense and GPe modes.
    • I have booted to GPe and my status bar has disappeared!
      • To resolve this you need to clear the SystemUI data. To do this, ensure you are in GPe mode then either use a root explorer to delete /data/data/com.android.systemui or boot to recovery (from GPe mode) and run 'adb shell rm -r /data/data/com.android.systemui'. After a reboot the problem should be resolved.
      • I'm currently creating Switch for the S4 which includes some enhancements that will also be included in Switch for the One. Everyone's a winner. :)

Enjoy!

P

Guest cezent

I m getting Error updating/ installing app from play store post beta 10 OTA:

"Update for "Google Translate" could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error while retrieving information from server [RPC:S-5:AEC-0])"

Same error message in GPe and Sense for all the apps with upgrade or new app installation.

Update: removing google account and re adding it have solved the problem.

Edited by cezent

Guest Lennyuk

I m getting Error updating/ installing app from play store post beta 10 OTA:

"Update for "Google Translate" could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error while retrieving information from server [RPC:S-5:AEC-0])"

Same error message in GPe and Sense for all the apps with upgrade or new app installation.

Did you not read the post that is literally the post above yours?

Guest cezent

Did you not read the post that is literally the post above yours?

To be honest I missed that one! But figured it out literally while u wrote this post.

Guest Thumper Net

Any idea when the 1.54 bootloader can get s-off as with s-on it takes ages to switch roms , having tryed beta 8 on my htc one it was cool but the entering recovery mode on every switch became a pain waiting for android to updgrade each time , good work though paul , hope soon to have switch again when this dam bootloader is unkocked

Guest PaulOBrien

Any idea when the 1.54 bootloader can get s-off as with s-on it takes ages to switch roms , having tryed beta 8 on my htc one it was cool but the entering recovery mode on every switch became a pain waiting for android to updgrade each time , good work though paul , hope soon to have switch again when this dam bootloader is unkocked

No idea when or if it will happen!

P

Guest Lennyuk

Need some help please people

On beta10 can you all try play store web on both GPE and Sense as well as Android Device Manager on both roms too.

Does it work on both roms? One? or neither?

Guest jonathandownin

Tried installing beta 10 over beta 8 and managed to mess it up somehow so I wiped and then did a full reinstall from beta 1 to beta 10. Everything seems to be in order except using Google search or Google Now crashes every time in GPE with the error "Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped." Works fine in Sense.

Guest Lennyuk

Tried installing beta 10 over beta 8 and managed to mess it up somehow so I wiped and then did a full reinstall from beta 1 to beta 10. Everything seems to be in order except using Google search or Google Now crashes every time in GPE with the error "Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped." Works fine in Sense.

I have not had any issues with Google Now on either - try wiping data for the search app?

Guest jonathandownin

I have not had any issues with Google Now on either - try wiping data for the search app?

Tried it with no luck. I will try another wipe and clean install later today and test it again before installing/uninstalling any apps.

Guest ApexPredation

Google doesn't see my device any more. I went online for device manager and in the play store both show no devices activated. Google play seems to be working ok on the phone but search fails when i do a search on GPE side. This happened after the 10 update.

Guest cezent

For anyone gets error in Play Store "Unknown error code during application install -24".

This is related to residual app files in data\data\ when you uninstall an app and try to reinstall. won't be fixed by removing and adding google account again.

Using root explorer and delete the app related file in data\data\ fix the problem. Root access required for this.

Guest Lennyuk

Google doesn't see my device any more. I went online for device manager and in the play store both show no devices activated. Google play seems to be working ok on the phone but search fails when i do a search on GPE side. This happened after the 10 update.

install an app you have never installed before on both ROMS

then check Play Store web to see if a device appears (after about 5 mins)

if a device does appear install an app from the web to see which of the two roms it installs it on (the app will appear on both, obviously but it will only start installing when you are on a certain rom, this is the rom that Play Store Web is linked to)

Guest theadb

For all you flashing to beta 10

If you lose your status bar etc in GPE then there is an adb command (has to be run from recovery)

• boot to GPe mode
  • reboot to recovery
  • run 'adb shell rm -r /data/data/com.android.systemui'
  • reboot

If you have random google errors - e.g. apps not showing in Play Store

Remove and re-add your Google Account

Is there another fix for this? My computer isn't detecting my phone when it's in recovery.

Guest Lennyuk

Is there another fix for this? My computer isn't detecting my phone when it's in recovery.

use root explorer when in gpe to delete /data/data/com.android.systemui

then reboot.

Guest polys_a

Hello Paul

Just installed the SWITCH for the first time. All seems to work just fine. No problems with the Notification bar or the play store. Lets hope that the new version will get s-off soon.

thanks

Hi Guys

I updated to beta 10 this morning and everything was working fine, i switched to GPE Rom and it was working fine. then when i tried to switch back to sense i have been stuck ever since. phone turns on and its stuck on the HTC boot screen. Please Help.. Thanks in advance

Guest Lennyuk

Hi Guys

I updated to beta 10 this morning and everything was working fine, i switched to GPE Rom and it was working fine. then when i tried to switch back to sense i have been stuck ever since. phone turns on and its stuck on the HTC boot screen. Please Help.. Thanks in advance

You have a bootloop - did you do anything on the gpe side before you tried to switch back? delete anything, install anything, try to use xposed for example?

To fix you will have to press power and volume down to get into recovery then reflash the rom ( try without a wipe first if you want).