Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Lennyuk

I know this means nothing towards the ROM itself, but can someone post the wallpaper used in the first post of this thread?? For some reason, I really like it lol

It is a live wallpaper by the name 'Paperland'

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joko.paperland

Although Paul and myself use the 'Pro' version which has far more options

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joko.paperlandpro

Guest bkmerrick

Tried installing beta 10 over beta 8 and managed to mess it up somehow so I wiped and then did a full reinstall from beta 1 to beta 10. Everything seems to be in order except using Google search or Google Now crashes every time in GPE with the error "Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped." Works fine in Sense.

Just updated and Im having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution? Thank you

Guest FilyPhanatic

My AT&T's microphone has stopped working during phone calls. It works for speakerphone and other apps. I believe it was working in the beta 10 update a few days ago, but i can't get it working now. I don't think this is a switch problem, but I'd appreciate any help!

Guest Lennyuk

My AT&T's microphone has stopped working during phone calls. It works for speakerphone and other apps. I believe it was working in the beta 10 update a few days ago, but i can't get it working now. I don't think this is a switch problem, but I'd appreciate any help!

Well first thing is to try to remember when you last had it working

If it has ever worked on beta 10 (or even if it hasn't) try to wipe and do a clean install - see if it works then?

If that doesn't work then install another rom, or and earlier rom one you were certain that it did work on

If it still doesn't work....then we might have to start to think it is a hardware issue (but seen as you still say that other apps pick up on the mic then maybe not?)

Guest FilyPhanatic

I think the issue is with the noise reduction mic on the back due to the fact that I can call using speakerphone. I think that it is canceling my own voice.

Guest Lennyuk

I think the issue is with the noise reduction mic on the back due to the fact that I can call using speakerphone. I think that it is canceling my own voice.

does it behave this way on both sense and gpe?

Guest robinwe97

Just updated and Im having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution? Thank you

Backup Google now with titanium backup then delete the app and re-install it.

Guest FilyPhanatic

does it behave this way on both sense and gpe?

I have the same problems in the GPE ROM too. Could you tell me the best way to back up apps and data before a wipe?

Edited by FilyPhanatic

Guest Lennyuk

I have the same problems in the GPE ROM too. Could you tell me the best way to back up apps and data before a wipe?

Titanium backup is the best backup app out there

Guest PaulOBrien

Just a heads up that i'm aware a new OTA is available, i'll be integrating this shortly.

I am testing new Switch scripts in the S4 release which I will also be using on One which contain a number of improvements.

P

Guest hypocritelecteur

Warning--titanium data restore is a great way to cause instabilities if you migrate from another ROM. Most folks don't realize this and a lot of errors are then falsely accredited to the ROM. A good rule of thumb to avoid all these issues is to skip restoring data for any app with root access. Just go through and uncheck anything with root access, do your restore, and then come back and restore just the apps without data that were skipped.

Seconding Helium as a great option, though the same precaution is required, and titanium with media synch is a more powerful tool with more options. Helium is easier and for 99% of user needs is more than enough.

Guest khedir

So im using swith but when i switch to the sense rom it tells me that android.process.acore has stopped and i get a series of "has stopped" messages

Guest descenpet
Perhaps he isnt using Switch - Xposed works for me too, using 4.3 GE and the GravityBox Xposed mod at the moment.
Stock gpe? or is it someone's custom 4.3 that had xposed already bundled with it?
no it works on switch too

Guest FilyPhanatic

Titanium backup is the best backup app out there

I've determined that it is a hardware issue, and AT&T will replace my phone free of charge, even changing the color for me. The only thing is that I need the phone to look as though it hasn't been touched. I have been able to remove the tampered flag, but it still says S-Off and unlocked. Is there a way to change these?

Guest descenpet

I've determined that it is a hardware issue, and AT&T will replace my phone free of charge, even changing the color for me. The only thing is that I need the phone to look as though it hasn't been touched. I have been able to remove the tampered flag, but it still says S-Off and unlocked. Is there a way to change these?

if you want it s-on and locked, use revone to make it locked. flash RUU and do s-on at the end.

Guest FilyPhanatic

if you want it s-on and locked, use revone to make it locked. flash RUU and do s-on at the end.

Thanks for the info, I did not know if s-on would be set by the ruu or not.

Guest GenShard
first switch after beta 10? try deleting systemui data.

Dude this isn't my first bbq but thanks anyways.

Paul, Lenny these updates across all os and apps and Google is screwing with switch. Google+ is a perfect example, all 6 of my devices aren't liking it.