Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest descenpet

and why would I flash 10 over 10??? LOLZLOLZLOLZ

how would i know.. lol

try deleting again and see if that helps even if it's not first switch?

Guest GenShard

Same here just disappeared on beta 10 even after a few switches back and forth.

Try using the HTCrw apk that Paul posted followed by the delete of data/data android.com.system.ui

Guest Lennyuk

Xposed will work on 4.3 if you copy app_process from the sense side to the gpe side then ignore any errors that Xposed Settings give you (do not click the error or try to reinstall/update in the Xposed Settings as this will break it).

Guest sferg410

Yes it does...When i had my S-OFF I was on Android Revolution 12.0 which is Jellybean 4.2.2...Just make sure you rename the file to REVONE before you start the process and make sure you have revone-0.2.1 than rename it once you download it...if for some reason it didn't work for you and you have a US Variant HTC One download the correct RUU for your device and reverse back to the original Rom. Which is really a long process but in the end its worth it...that website WWW.QBKING77.COM will have all the instructions you need to un-root unbrick your device than re-root and and toggle the S-OFF again...Just try to S-OFF before you go that route...and good luck...

My phone is stock sense with Android 4.2.2 and I am in the UK on O2.

I am new to HTC phone stuff so did not understand half of what you said lol.... seems more complicated than the processes for Samsung S2 that I used to have and GNex.

The QBKING77 page says you have to be rooted. In previous posts I mentioned that I do not want to root as my Barclays Banking apps and LloydsTSB will not work on rooted phones and i use them a lot. Is there a way to get gain S-Off without having to root the phone???

Guest Lennyuk

You can easily s-off without rooting the phone, but you need to be aware that some root apps can detect s-off status (somehow...) and therefore you still fail the root check even if you are unrooted. Sky Go is one of these apps.

Guest sferg410

You can easily s-off without rooting the phone, but you need to be aware that some root apps can detect s-off status (somehow...) and therefore you still fail the root check even if you are unrooted. Sky Go is one of these apps.

Thanks Lenny, do you mind telling me how i s-off without root then or provide a link to somewhere which explains?

Maybe i could set s-off, try the banking apps to see if they are OK and if they are not just easily s-on again????

Guest Lennyuk

Thanks Lenny, do you mind telling me how i s-off without root then or provide a link to somewhere which explains?

Maybe i could set s-off, try the banking apps to see if they are OK and if they are not just easily s-on again????

To s-off you need to know how to use ADB and then use RevOne

The thread and instructions are here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2314582

The same tool can be used to s-on.

Guest sferg410

To s-off you need to know how to use ADB and then use RevOne

The thread and instructions are here - http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2314582

The same tool can be used to s-on.

I have the Android SDK ADB, but my HBoot is 1.54, so I am guessing it will not work and the XDA page says 1.54 is NOT supported?????

Edited by sferg410

Guest sferg410

Correct, no s-off available for 1.54 yet. :(

P

Thanks Paul, but that is bad news as I want to unlock my phone and use this switch etc. but I do not want to root and my phone is only a couple of months old, so i want to be able to relock the phone and have it read locked not tampered or re-locked and of course be s-on in case i get a hardware fault and have to use the warranty.

Is there any simple way to go to an earlier hboot version, gain s-off and then maybe back to hboot 1.54 if required?

Guest tomf00lery

I'm looking into the SystemUI disappearing!

P

I lost status bar on ge side and switched to sense switch back still gone so switched to sense. Couple days later I switched back and it was there... Google search bar and Google now have been crashing on search and keep getting HTC back up has stopped error all on ge side.

Guest sferg410

You can't downgrade the hboot unfortunately. :(

P

So there is nothing I can do Paul?

Will there not be s-off support for hboot 1.54 anytime soon?

Guest motu90

The point is that nobody can tell... It took some time to get S-OFF on the "old" hboot. My experiences in IT and software tought me that there is always a way to hack it, but it needs to be found... hopefully it will be possible soon for you :)

So there is nothing I can do Paul?

Will there not be s-off support for hboot 1.54 anytime soon?

Edited by motu90

Guest sferg410

Yes it does...When i had my S-OFF I was on Android Revolution 12.0 which is Jellybean 4.2.2...Just make sure you rename the file to REVONE before you start the process and make sure you have revone-0.2.1 than rename it once you download it...if for some reason it didn't work for you and you have a US Variant HTC One download the correct RUU for your device and reverse back to the original Rom. Which is really a long process but in the end its worth it...that website WWW.QBKING77.COM will have all the instructions you need to un-root unbrick your device than re-root and and toggle the S-OFF again...Just try to S-OFF before you go that route...and good luck...

when I run the chmod 755 revone command it just comes back saying operation not permitted.

Guest perfectB

when I run the chmod 755 revone command it just comes back saying operation not permitted.

I believe that's what happens if you run that command as user instead of root.

Hi there guys, I have been playing for a while with Modaco beta 10, however I'd like to wipe the phone and restore HTC's stock ROM.

As a complete noob, I was looking for a step-by-step guide to achieve this.

Thanks for helping.